Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby rweinkauf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:00 am

Same here, scoreboard crashes on Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
rweinkauf

Postby darkneon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:02 am

When phone is docked and audio-out to dock (ext - speakers /radio) : the ping for map/private messages and traffic report pop up, is played through phone speakers and can hardly be heard

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000).
ImageImage
Waze Ingress Theme: http://goo.gl/zKdXW Perfect for at night
darkneon

Postby tonesav » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi all
so far I am liking the new client, I do how ever get one issue which I can reproduce
I am using the Andriod Waze 3.5.0.0 on a samsung Galaxy S2 running andriod 4.0.4

The issue is when docked to my car during navigation I press the home key to use Car Dock Home V3 by IG88 Apps
then make an out going call when completed I click Waze on my short cuts to get back to navigation it loses landscape mode for Waze, its very odd as any menus come up in landscape but the nav goes portrait

I get around this by holding the home key and task switching to Waze this seems to work although less safe whilst driving

Thanks for a great product
Tony
Cheers
Tony
Ex Area Manager Warwick and Coventry but still a compulsive Wazer
Twitter @Tonesav
tonesav

Postby deeggo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Do you have a screenshot?
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spaceman_Spiff » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I also have same issue (losing screen rotation after incoming call). Screenshot is not very useful in this case, it's just the screen in portrait mode ;)
Spaceman_Spiff

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:
anonymous0816 wrote:Since the upgrade the waze icon in the pull down status bar is almost invisible because on my device.
The icon and the bar both are of quite the same bright grey color.
A solution could be a bi-color design that has at least some kind of contrast in itself even if background transparency is used.

Thank You.

I have the same problem. My Waze icon is white on a light grey backround. However, not all Android versions have a light grey backround. I have version 2.2.2 (Froyo).

Many default ROMs have the notification bar as white or light grey, they will all have this problem. It was not this way in the beta. I don't know why the icon was made monochrome white between the last beta and the play store version. It seems that the icon was changed just for the sake of changing it and now it's much worse for many users.

Please change it back.

Actually we followed Google's documentation regarding iconography, but since you guys are not satisfied with it, we will change it. We'll try to do it for the next official version.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:27 pm

perlin wrote:Actually we followed Google's documentation regarding iconography, but since you guys are not satisfied with it, we will change it. We'll try to do it for the next official version.

D'oh! I preferred the new one! Ah well.
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby Googleplusintegration » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:32 pm

And there in sits Wazes problem with Android and the users. You cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Googleplusintegration

Postby Mike-1323 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 pm

dmcconachie wrote:
perlin wrote:Actually we followed Google's documentation regarding iconography, but since you guys are not satisfied with it, we will change it. We'll try to do it for the next official version.

D'oh! I preferred the new one! Ah well.

I've never actually seen the new one. I thought that I lost the notification bar icon altogether as a bug until others pointed out what's happening. I have no way of changing my notification bar color without rooting my phone (something that I'd prefer to avoid for now) so I still don't know what the new icon looks like. I'm taking the word of others that there's actually an icon there.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby wingman2tuc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 pm

I selected prefer points road. And now the menu does not have that option. I cant revert that configuration.
Some time some items does not show. like labes y navigation -> category. and the list in error reporting

Samsung galaxy ace 2.3.4
wingman2tuc

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App