Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby brikowski » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:30 am

Annoyances:
1) The Menu button on the bottom right needs to open by 3x3, or consolidate and make it 3x2. There's no reason to have the Report menu open 3x3, and the Menu open as a scroll 3x3.
2) Waze still keeps the notification lights stuck lit up on the Galaxy S2. Slacker and Google Nav both keep the screen on, but the notification lights go off just fine. I don't understand why the Screen Lock feature of Waze is doing this, but no other app does.
3) Change the color scheme of the menu buttons when the map goes to "night mode". I hate having two big bright icons when I'm driving at night. Making them have a white "glow" border would offset a darker icon just fine. (See: http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/rulizgi ... border.jpg)

Things I Like:
1) GPS now works every time. I used to have to turn GPS off then back on after I opened Waze as it would stop working for some unknown reason. Every other app worked fine, but that's fixed now yay.
2) The new themes are improved.
3) The layout is much better. It has the same screen space as Google Nav does now, which I definitely like. Plus the top bar is somewhat transparent, so it gives a feel of being a little more open.

Things I'd Like to See Improved / Things stopping me from actually making the switch:
1) Cached routes. I don't know what needs to be done technically, but saving the route would be a huge help. There are times when I lost signal with the last version of Waze, and eventually it would just clear the route until I got signal. I just want it to remember which roads I need to take, I could care less about everything else.
2) Online syncing of favorites. I just want to be able to manage my favorites online and I don't want to have to worry about them not getting saved whenever I uninstall. It should be tied to my account.
3) The Notification area of Waze is a huge waste. It needs to give some kind of useful information, rather than just being a shortcut to taking you back to Waze.
brikowski

Postby dcrahen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 am

I use in landscape mode and find the new nav bar takes up 30 percent of screen. Is there a way to limit to the corner?
dcrahen

Postby ghostridetheWhip » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 am

Samsung Galaxy Nexus, 4.1.1 & Samsung S3, 4.04.

Missing icons: Bottom left & right slider/buttons on main map view. The base texture (light blue boxes) is present, but instead of the colored icons the darker blue "inset" is present. Same goes for the first window, prompting a Facebook login, as well as the "Share" window.. the icon at the top is missing.

Aliasing: When zoomed out to the fullest, the purple route line does not "smooth out" and is jagged/straight over turns.

Seems to run in the background better than ever before.
ghostridetheWhip

Postby btrials » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Does everyone have shield/sword/crown if you had it previous to the new version? I've uninstalled and did a fresh install but no crown.
btrials

Postby bedo2991 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Had two 30 minutes trips and no issues till now (except from untranslated sentences in Italian)
It seems a lot more faster than before. Good work!
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DoktorGee » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm seeing the same behavior as BzLtYr, although I'm on a Galaxy S II (Sprint). I was attributing it to my bluetooth interface (which I still suspect), but in last two days my device has rebooted spontaneously two times. Wish I could find a log file on the device to troubleshoot the cause.

Otherwise, I've found the speedtrap, breakdown, weather, and traffic alerts to be spot on. What I like is overtaking a Waze icon, looking over and seeing another Waze user chugging along the same route, on the same journey. Nice.
DoktorGee

Postby amiga6 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm

It flashes every time I go back to the map. Logs are sent 23:01(Swedish local time).
It´s not all that has been translated into Swedish.
Otherwise it is a stable version.
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby BzLtYr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Upgraded to 3.5.0.0 on a Samsung Galaxy SIII...Can Not use while synced (via bluetooth) to hands-free device...causes the phone to reboot. When not synced...works perfectly.
BzLtYr

Postby lynnae » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 pm

This may have been raised, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something from previous releases, but every time Waze has a major update, my default Units resets to KM.

I'm in the UK, and our default should be Miles I'd say, but really, I'd rather it just saved my settings.
lynnae

Postby autourdupc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Works like previous beta
Will test more and more
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App