Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby BzLtYr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Upgraded to 3.5.0.0 on a Samsung Galaxy SIII...Can Not use while synced (via bluetooth) to hands-free device...causes the phone to reboot. When not synced...works perfectly.
BzLtYr

Postby btrials » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Just a personal opinion on the new mood icons. I honestly don't like it at all. It just doesn't give a sense of fresh breathe or wanting to change to anything (or really could care less).

I'm sorry for the designer(s) that made these icons but hopefully there will be better updated icons.
btrials Area Manager Southern New Hampshire
Galaxy SIII Rooted Bel RX65 RadioScanner
btrials

Postby btrials » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:20 pm

I noticed:

- When logging in, sometimes it automatically tells me if I'm going home and displays the navigation
- The settings for things like miles radius, volume level, etc are sometimes not saved or seem to be resetting when logging off and going back in
- Waze cookie is glitchy, if there's a dead spot of no more than few feet, it think there are no cookies to eat any more and just keeps driving without changing.
btrials

Postby btrials » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 pm

perlin wrote:
btrials wrote:Does everyone have shield/sword/crown if you had it previous to the new version? I've uninstalled and did a fresh install but no crown.

This version doesn't display them. It will be fixed in a future version (hoping the next one).

Ah okay :)

Thanks!

Other than everyone complaining about the screen glitch I love this version a lot. Super smooth. You'd think with new version of any software they tend to bog down with rich content but seems to really scroll through maps smoothly. Great job Waze team :mrgreen:

By the way, as much as I lost the favorites (only a few) from deleting the cache and the entire old folder through a file manager, doing a fresh install seems to run things even smoother.
btrials

Postby btrials » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Does everyone have shield/sword/crown if you had it previous to the new version? I've uninstalled and did a fresh install but no crown.
btrials

Postby btrials » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Running good so far, of course running Cyanogen Mod 7 but is Gingerbread based and is much smoother for operation compared to the previous version.

rolfmao it's a schizophrenic purple monster :lol:

And where's the crown?! :?

btrials

Postby bsdmom » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Crashes when I try to check invisible mode. Also, GPS location is way off compared to previous version.
bsdmom

Postby Bruno3589 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 am

Been testing it for a day, looking mostly good so far. Performance has improved a lot since betas, where the animations were choppy. Now everything is smooth, even in landscape mode. :)

Howewer i still have the "GPS undetected. Try to go outdoors" alert when the command bar (sound, stop nav, park, friends) pops up when reaching a destination, while GPS is detected and used by Waze.

Other than that I'm pretty much impressed by the improvements.
AM Albino, Casnigo (BG) - Rank 3 Editor (16K Edits)
Image Image Image
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (ZMod 06/17)
Bruno3589

Postby Bruno3589 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Good news!

Will test ASAP to see if these issues http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30517&start=50#p276862 have been solved.
AM Albino, Casnigo (BG) - Rank 3 Editor (16K Edits)
Image Image Image
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (ZMod 06/17)
Bruno3589

Postby brikowski » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:30 am

Annoyances:
1) The Menu button on the bottom right needs to open by 3x3, or consolidate and make it 3x2. There's no reason to have the Report menu open 3x3, and the Menu open as a scroll 3x3.
2) Waze still keeps the notification lights stuck lit up on the Galaxy S2. Slacker and Google Nav both keep the screen on, but the notification lights go off just fine. I don't understand why the Screen Lock feature of Waze is doing this, but no other app does.
3) Change the color scheme of the menu buttons when the map goes to "night mode". I hate having two big bright icons when I'm driving at night. Making them have a white "glow" border would offset a darker icon just fine. (See: http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/rulizgi ... border.jpg)

Things I Like:
1) GPS now works every time. I used to have to turn GPS off then back on after I opened Waze as it would stop working for some unknown reason. Every other app worked fine, but that's fixed now yay.
2) The new themes are improved.
3) The layout is much better. It has the same screen space as Google Nav does now, which I definitely like. Plus the top bar is somewhat transparent, so it gives a feel of being a little more open.

Things I'd Like to See Improved / Things stopping me from actually making the switch:
1) Cached routes. I don't know what needs to be done technically, but saving the route would be a huge help. There are times when I lost signal with the last version of Waze, and eventually it would just clear the route until I got signal. I just want it to remember which roads I need to take, I could care less about everything else.
2) Online syncing of favorites. I just want to be able to manage my favorites online and I don't want to have to worry about them not getting saved whenever I uninstall. It should be tied to my account.
3) The Notification area of Waze is a huge waste. It needs to give some kind of useful information, rather than just being a shortcut to taking you back to Waze.
brikowski

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App