Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby littlestlou » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:15 am

Issues/Problems/Concerns, as compared to other versions:
1. As with the last official release, the GPS tracking seems to lag more and more from my actual location.
2. Losing GPS altogether (which doesn't happen when I re-install earlier versions)
3. You took away my Happy "Singing" Icon.
4. Landscape mode (which I always use b/c of my Droid 4 keyboard) is annoyingly limited due to the insanely large Navigation bar (this is a common complaint from what I read) .
5. I detest the new, earlier warning limits. Why did this have to change? The only thing I need that much notice on is "accident ahead" but not cars/hazards/cameras, etc.
6. Re-calculating my route doesn't remove the old purple route but just adds the new one in addition.
7. "Accident ahead" forces me out of my zoom level and doesn't revert back. Then I re-zoom to where I want it and the darn report goes off again. Sometimes this little dance happens 3-4 times in a row!!!
8. Reports don't take into consideration my Waze-chosen route so "accident ahead" (for instance) goes off for something that is well beyond my freeway exit and therefore not on my route so in my mind, that shouldn't be verbalized.

That's all for now. I still love Waze of course. And will continue reverting back to old releases until some of these items change...
ImageImage
littlestlou

Postby Scruffy151 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I had some issues sharing my route/destination.

I can not seem to share anything via text, the text is blank when I try.

I was able to share my drive via email and it seemed to work ok. However each time I stopped I had to reshare the drive and a new URL was generated. I would like to see an automatic "resume share" pop up just like the automatic "resume route".
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bdgregg » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am

My two MAJOR complaints with the new version.

1.) Landscape mode that I always use in the car is VERY annoying due to the insanely, no HUGE, Navigation bar. I mean come on - taking 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen for a big black banner with almost nothing in it. Then putting another bar dead center on the bottom to take up another 1/3 of screen. How am I supposed to read the road names on the map? Epic FAIL.

2.) Popup reports that report on issues/hazards etc. up 100 miles away - come on I drive fast but not that fast. Now if I was traveling 25 MPH and WAZE shows things within a 1 mile that would be fine, or if I'm traveling 60 MPH and WAZE would show things 10 miles away that would be fine as well. Keep the notifications to like within 10 minutes of your current position taking into account speed would be best. But 80+ miles away while I'm in 25 MPH traffic doesn't help anyone does it? Put some restraint on the notifications will ya??
bdgregg

Postby whatever2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 am

when a report pops up such as car on road, police ahead for some reason, waze says the gps signal is lost.
It also does this sometimes when it says "you are nearing your destination".
Why is that? This didn't happen in the previous version.
whatever2015

Postby Daknife » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 am

bdgregg wrote:My two MAJOR complaints with the new version.

1.) Landscape mode that I always use in the car is VERY annoying due to the insanely, no HUGE, Navigation bar. I mean come on - taking 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen for a big black banner with almost nothing in it. Then putting another bar dead center on the bottom to take up another 1/3 of screen. How am I supposed to read the road names on the map? Epic FAIL.

2.) Popup reports that report on issues/hazards etc. up 100 miles away - come on I drive fast but not that fast. Now if I was traveling 25 MPH and WAZE shows things within a 1 mile that would be fine, or if I'm traveling 60 MPH and WAZE would show things 10 miles away that would be fine as well. Keep the notifications to like within 10 minutes of your current position taking into account speed would be best. But 80+ miles away while I'm in 25 MPH traffic doesn't help anyone does it? Put some restraint on the notifications will ya??

1: This was one of the first issues brought up (by me btw) and a smaller bar has already been promised.

2: Go into your settings and set to 5 miles or no pop-ups. The new version defaulted to the max setting when it installed, you can tame them somewhat.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby DG567 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Running on HTC One V:
GPS now lost more often and for longer. Often returns JUST before next turn but sometimes not for several minutes. Today had to pull over and change to other sat nav.
This is WAZE specific. Google nav and navfree hold GPS much more reliably.
Last edited by DG567 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Daknife » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 am

I will ditto the difficulties keeping a GPS connection.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

R: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby m4rc072 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Crash with animated background.
Please! Please! Add option to enable pop up only on my route in navigation mode.
Or give them priority, putting a purple border.
Too often "no network connection".

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
AM Brescia IT WAZE 4.7.0.1 Android 6.0.1 CyanogenOS 13.1.2 OPO
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby pvaladares » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm

perlin wrote:
Agamicox wrote:Will someone implement Favorite sorting function? A-Z or New-Old or what ever?
Or maybe Export to somewhere -> Arrange them how you want and Import back in order?

This option will be implemented in a future version.

In the meanwhile it is possible to manually sort the favourites in the history file ;)
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Re: R: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby darkneon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 am

m4rc072 wrote:Too often "no network connection"

This is because you're driving and/or bad coverage from your carrier

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000).
ImageImage
Waze Ingress Theme: https:///zKdXW Perfect for at night
darkneon

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App