Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby amiga6 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm

It flashes every time I go back to the map. Logs are sent 23:01(Swedish local time).
It´s not all that has been translated into Swedish.
Otherwise it is a stable version.
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Swedish and the latest Waze version.
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby amiga6 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:01 pm

Yeeah great!

Install without prob :-)
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Swedish and the latest Waze version.
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby alenansk » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 am

alenansk wrote:today i completely reset my phone (factory reset)
after reinstall waze, i don't have anymore menu with "level of guidance" and i have only 2 languages for voice istructions - english and italian
just a problem - my waze is in russian and i would like to have instructions also in russian.. is it possible?? till today it was possible :(

ok..find.... now "level of guidance" is in AUDIO settings???
for me is strange... must be back to navigation settings ?
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 pm

today i completely reset my phone (factory reset)
after reinstall waze, i don't have anymore menu with "level of guidance" and i have only 2 languages for voice istructions - english and italian
just a problem - my waze is in russian and i would like to have instructions also in russian.. is it possible?? till today it was possible :(
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:53 pm

i fully agree that waze is a social
but why waze doesn't develop its own social?

why i can have only facebook friends and i can't have waze friends?
what is the real meaning of waze groups? what is the benefit or a sense to partecipate??

sorry this is what i can't understand ...
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:16 pm

dmcconachie wrote:
alenansk wrote:
perlin wrote:Scrolling menu- the main menu will always be scrollable in navigation mode, since extra buttons are added (stopping the navigation, muting, etc.). We decided it will also be scrollable when not in navigation mode, as we want the two states to be unified. This way the shut-down button is always in the same place, users (especially newbie) won't be exposed to too many buttons (and get confused) and the less important buttons will stay hidden.

but you understant that when the phone is on its support on windscreen (about 30 cm from me), when i running 130 km/h on a highspeed road and i understand what my day-mode is too bright for the evening with black thunderstorm's clouds around, and i urgently need to switch manually to night mode (or in any other case to have any other neccessity to go to menu), i can't do this?

If you're driving so fast that a couple of taps would put your safety at risk then I'd suggest you're driving too fast for a single tap too.

indeed..to tap and to scroll there is a big difference

and it's just really stupid when you need to scroll the small menu box while you have all the possibilities to get it big and fit the screen :(
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm

perlin wrote:Scrolling menu- the main menu will always be scrollable in navigation mode, since extra buttons are added (stopping the navigation, muting, etc.). We decided it will also be scrollable when not in navigation mode, as we want the two states to be unified. This way the shut-down button is always in the same place, users (especially newbie) won't be exposed to too many buttons (and get confused) and the less important buttons will stay hidden.

but you understant that when the phone is on its support on windscreen (about 30 cm from me), when i running 130 km/h on a highspeed road and i understand what my day-mode is too bright for the evening with black thunderstorm's clouds around, and i urgently need to switch manually to night mode (or in any other case to have any other neccessity to go to menu), i can't do this?
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:58 pm

disappointed and sad about very many stupid issues already reported (menu that needs to be scrolled, information box opens outside the screen when tap on wazer on map, unvisible "X", too big navigation black boxes that covers the map.. etc etc etc)

+1: if it was my first time to use this app, i wold delete it :(
and actually... if i need to use some option while driving... i prefer not to use it... prefer to park before....

i hope you know what you are doing... and i wish that waze will not finish like apple navigator!
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 pm

GPSofficial wrote:The voice navigator gets really repetitive. As in, i would be less than a mile from a turn and it would remind me to make that turn several times in that mile, sometimes just moments apart.

No. There are a maximum of three reminders, the count and distance from the turn are dependent on speed.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby aicis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Scrolled trough this thread and all of my issues are already reported.
Glad to see dev team working on them and letting users know about progress.
One thing i am confused about - after updating to 3.5 i noticed talks about hands-free reporting and couldn't wait to test it out. Unfortunately i tried everything, but couldn't get it to work.
All i could find about the feature was this: http://tinyurl.com/c9gjmhe
They are using the feature on Galaxy S3.
Is the feature limited to certain phones?
I don't have voice command menu in waze.
Using Samsung Galaxy S2.
aicis

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App