1) The Menu button on the bottom right needs to open by 3x3, or consolidate and make it 3x2. There's no reason to have the Report menu open 3x3, and the Menu open as a scroll 3x3.
2) Waze still keeps the notification lights stuck lit up on the Galaxy S2. Slacker and Google Nav both keep the screen on, but the notification lights go off just fine. I don't understand why the Screen Lock feature of Waze is doing this, but no other app does.
3) Change the color scheme of the menu buttons when the map goes to "night mode". I hate having two big bright icons when I'm driving at night. Making them have a white "glow" border would offset a darker icon just fine. (See: http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/rulizgi ... border.jpg
Things I Like:
1) GPS now works every time. I used to have to turn GPS off then back on after I opened Waze as it would stop working for some unknown reason. Every other app worked fine, but that's fixed now yay.
2) The new themes are improved.
3) The layout is much better. It has the same screen space as Google Nav does now, which I definitely like. Plus the top bar is somewhat transparent, so it gives a feel of being a little more open.
Things I'd Like to See Improved / Things stopping me from actually making the switch:
1) Cached routes. I don't know what needs to be done technically, but saving the route would be a huge help. There are times when I lost signal with the last version of Waze, and eventually it would just clear the route until I got signal. I just want it to remember which roads I need to take, I could care less about everything else.
2) Online syncing of favorites. I just want to be able to manage my favorites online and I don't want to have to worry about them not getting saved whenever I uninstall. It should be tied to my account.
3) The Notification area of Waze is a huge waste. It needs to give some kind of useful information, rather than just being a shortcut to taking you back to Waze.