Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby SocalToe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

It gets stuck with

'sending update'

when updating gas prices.....
Ed
SocalToe

Postby Spaceman_Spiff » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I also have same issue (losing screen rotation after incoming call). Screenshot is not very useful in this case, it's just the screen in portrait mode ;)
Spaceman_Spiff

Postby Spil » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:28 pm

CTCNetwork wrote:Same thing to select your car. You have the icon and no text beside it until you select one and it pops back to the previous menu.

I brought this problem (and a similar one) up in a couple of the beta threads for this version, but Waze couldn't reproduce the error on any of the devices that they were using. Maybe I should send them mine when I get a new one, since I've run across several such errors on my phone that they can't reproduce on their devices. ;)
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby storrm » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:37 am

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2 G version and recentlt flashed CyanogenMod v10.0.0. Couldn't even load Waze. It just crash when launched. Is there any compatibily issue here?
storrm

Re: Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby stuffhappens » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 pm

dmcconachie wrote:
lynnae wrote:This may have been raised, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something from previous releases, but every time Waze has a major update, my default Units resets to KM.

I'm in the UK, and our default should be Miles I'd say, but really, I'd rather it just saved my settings.

I've raised this with the team for every release and every beta release for the past 2 years. :-(

via Tapatalk

The day this gets fixed will be a happy day - I've given up reporting this problem.
Area Manager: W.Sussex UK
Phone 1: Sony Xperia Z OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy Note. OS: ICS 4.0.4, rooted. Speedmod kernel K3-15
Tablet: Motorola Xoom. OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted

stuffhappens

Re: Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby stuffhappens » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

deeggo wrote:
perlin wrote:Nav bar in landscape mode will be thinner in the next version.

Hear hear! Thanks! Make it very thin please...

Make it adjustable with a variable setting.
Area Manager: W.Sussex UK
Phone 1: Sony Xperia Z OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy Note. OS: ICS 4.0.4, rooted. Speedmod kernel K3-15
Tablet: Motorola Xoom. OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted

stuffhappens

Postby tbadgley » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:30 am

Annoyances:
1) The Menu button on the bottom right needs to open by 3x3, or consolidate and make it 3x2. There's no reason to have the Report menu open 3x3, and the Menu open as a scroll 3x3.
2) Waze still keeps the notification lights stuck lit up on the Galaxy S2. Slacker and Google Nav both keep the screen on, but the notification lights go off just fine. I don't understand why the Screen Lock feature of Waze is doing this, but no other app does.
3) Change the color scheme of the menu buttons when the map goes to "night mode". I hate having two big bright icons when I'm driving at night. Making them have a white "glow" border would offset a darker icon just fine. (See: http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/rulizgi ... border.jpg)

Things I Like:
1) GPS now works every time. I used to have to turn GPS off then back on after I opened Waze as it would stop working for some unknown reason. Every other app worked fine, but that's fixed now yay.
2) The new themes are improved.
3) The layout is much better. It has the same screen space as Google Nav does now, which I definitely like. Plus the top bar is somewhat transparent, so it gives a feel of being a little more open.

Things I'd Like to See Improved / Things stopping me from actually making the switch:
1) Cached routes. I don't know what needs to be done technically, but saving the route would be a huge help. There are times when I lost signal with the last version of Waze, and eventually it would just clear the route until I got signal. I just want it to remember which roads I need to take, I could care less about everything else.
2) Online syncing of favorites. I just want to be able to manage my favorites online and I don't want to have to worry about them not getting saved whenever I uninstall. It should be tied to my account.
3) The Notification area of Waze is a huge waste. It needs to give some kind of useful information, rather than just being a shortcut to taking you back to Waze.
tbadgley

Postby Thierry-trob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I use Waze in landscape mode and when I receive a call, the phone goes into portrait mode (which is normal). At the end of the call, Waze returns well in the foreground, but in portrait mode! Unable to switch to landscape mode even orienting the phone differently. I must have quit the application and restart Waze.

My phone Galaxy Note 2
Thierry-trob

Postby timcampbel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 pm

I think it would be very nice if we could not only post the location of police on our side of the road, but also on the opposite direction. Sometimes we can see things that the other direction cannot see.

Does anyone else agree with this?
timcampbel

Postby tkiss » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 am

Leave facebook and other crazy silly features!

We need:
- Notifications ON the route. Not 20kms away!!
- Much MORE calculated routes. 1-3 is NOT enough in major cities! Especially if they are almost the very same routes!! It doesnt matter if its longer but faster!!
- Better zoom while driving
- Do NOT route me to roads with reported traffic!! Whats the point in reporting if it routes me there??? Avoid them! Or at least give the option!!
- Talking about avoiding. If I KNOW that there's traffic somewhere, let me avoid that route!!

THESE would be great features. Not facebook integration, not foursquare checkin (???!?!), and not the silly icons and points. People use this for DRIVING not for social life. I do know it's a FREE app, but come on - if nearly all the above would be true I and probably a lot of other people would be HAPPY to pay for it! Please give us a usable app which rocks all the others!

Thank you.
tkiss

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App