iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Postby perlin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Aaaaand we're live! You can find the official release on Appstore.
Please share here your feedback about the version (bad and good of course).

Thanks!
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby xd-data-ii » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:25 pm

It's great that finally iphone 5 support. And some improvements looking good.

But all this social crap and linking to Facebook friends and meet ups etc is nonsense. So annoying that they bothered working on this pointless stuff and still there is no improvement to the bad way it handles traffic. Still no traffic bar. Still no way to detour. Still no way to show only events on route. Still no detailed summary of events ahead. That should all be priority. Not silly meet up things.
I also want a way to remove that meet up stuff and Facebook stuff. Would be nice if there was an option to clean up the app if you didn't want to do all that stuff. Would clean up the main menu and save lots of screen real estate (especially for lesser phones than iPhone 5). Please find a way to do this.

It's still good, just disappointed in the direction of focus of the update when the app is meant to be about traffic and needs huge improvement in that area. But iPhone 5 support. Now I can use it again
xd-data-ii

Re: iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby Poopstick » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Location sharing is a neat addition.

But the new moods are beyond ugly.

Closing report icons is much more difficult or dangerous with the loss of the close button.

Some parts of the menus are not translated

I don't like the new menu you should scroll through to get things done.

So to me it's mainly a design issue which doesn't seem to take in consideration the use of this app in a car. Looks like the guy in charge isn't aware Waze isn't meant to be used on a sofa.

As for the emphasis on social networking, I can understand that Waze needs to do as much as possible to retain users, but it's true we'd like to see more improvements on functionality.
Nexus 4 - Android 4.2.2
Poopstick
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby kpouer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi, I'm on iPhone 5:
First when opening the main menu the window is too small and I have to scroll, it should be changed:
photo(1).PNG
have to scroll
photo(1).PNG (226.43 KiB) Viewed 2680 times

Another thing:
when trying to navigate to a gas station, nothing is found. At the place I am, I had 20 gas station around with the previous version.

Last thing, in several places the social network Foursquare is written "Foursquere".
Area manager entre Paris et l'Auvergne
Country Manager France
Country Manager Algérie http://www.facebook.com/WazeAlgerie & twitter: http://twitter.com/WazeAlgerie
Country Manager west Africa
kpouer
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:51 pm

The Main Manu has always required to be scrolled to access all things in navigation mode. Now, because of the addition of more icons, you have to do this even when not navigating. So, there is nothing different here. It's still the same. Well, mostly the same. Now you have to scroll vertically instead of horizontally.

And the menus ARE designed for phones with smaller screens so that on multiple devices the interface is the same, with the same size menus and the same icons showing.

I do find the "X" close button harder to hit and I believe some reported this in beta testing, but they wanted the design this way.

If you don't want to use facebook or the social stuff, then don't. You aren't required to sign in and use it.

I am hopeful that they can concentrate on some long-standing bugs and usability issues, as well as routing, traffic avoidance, and map functionality (and effect on routing) improvements.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kpouer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The Main Manu has always required to be scrolled to access all things in navigation mode. Now, because of the addition of more icons, you have to do this even when not navigating. So, there is nothing different here. It's still the same. Well, mostly the same. Now you have to scroll vertically instead of horizontally.
And the menus ARE designed for phones with smaller screens so that on multiple devices the interface is the same, with the same size menus and the same icons showing.

No, not on 3.2.2 on iPhone 4S. All icons were always visible.
And even if it was right, it is not impossible to change that. When asking for a navigation, the menu has 3 new icons (4 rows of 3 icons), and show 3 rows instead of 2. So why not showing always 3 rows, so it would not require to scroll when having 9 icons and it would still be compatible with previous iPhones.
Area manager entre Paris et l'Auvergne
Country Manager France
Country Manager Algérie http://www.facebook.com/WazeAlgerie & twitter: http://twitter.com/WazeAlgerie
Country Manager west Africa
kpouer
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xd-data-ii » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:22 pm

Looks like need to add enable/disable carpool lanes features. It's now sending me onto HOV express lanes on I-15. Didn't before.
Menu scrolling is no big deal. If the icons could be rearranged would be better to move out of the way the 4+ useless ones.
Would also be good to make touching anywhere on the pop-up alerts (other than the buttons) to close them. Trying to hit that small X while driving is not a thought through idea.
Seems to work fine though.
xd-data-ii

Postby LASpurs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50 pm

I noticed this morning the bug where you report an incident in the other lane still popping up in my lane. I get messages from other wazers asking why I am making false reports. This bug has existed for aaaaaaaaaaages.

Plus it's made it more difficult to dismiss notifications. That big 'thanks' button takes up too much real estate on the notification box. Plus it's STILL advising me of hazards miles ahead of their location. When I dismiss the notification it still keeps popping up.
Image We're the L.A. we're the L.A. we're the L.A. Tottenham Image
LASpurs

Postby LASpurs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:53 pm

xd-data-ii wrote:Looks like need to add enable/disable carpool lanes features. It's now sending me onto HOV express lanes on I-15. Didn't before.
Menu scrolling is no big deal. If the icons could be rearranged would be better to move out of the way the 4+ useless ones.
Would also be good to make touching anywhere on the pop-up alerts (other than the buttons) to close them. Trying to hit that small X while driving is not a thought through idea.
Seems to work fine though

Completely agree with this (per my point above), it's too difficult to dismiss the notifications now.
Image We're the L.A. we're the L.A. we're the L.A. Tottenham Image
LASpurs

Postby jasonbaldwin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:53 pm

On my iPhone 5 connected to a Ford SYNC USB port via Lightning cable, Waze is crashing as soon as it loads the map. When I disconnect the cable, it launches without issue.

Haven't had a chance to play with the new features much yet, but I have no other complaints.
jasonbaldwin

Next

Return to Waze App