Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

Post by
Aaaaand we're live! You can find the official release on Appstore.
Please share here your feedback about the version (bad and good of course).

Thanks!

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by ajsamuels
Having issues with navigation voices since installing 3.5 yesterday - have it set to female voice, but the actual instructions it gives keep alternating between male and female voices. Also as others have reported it refuses to select the 'directions only' guidance option. (iOS 6 on iPhone 5)
ajsamuels
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The Main Manu has always required to be scrolled to access all things in navigation mode. Now, because of the addition of more icons, you have to do this even when not navigating. So, there is nothing different here. It's still the same. Well, mostly the same. Now you have to scroll vertically instead of horizontally.

And the menus ARE designed for phones with smaller screens so that on multiple devices the interface is the same, with the same size menus and the same icons showing.

I do find the "X" close button harder to hit and I believe some reported this in beta testing, but they wanted the design this way.

If you don't want to use facebook or the social stuff, then don't. You aren't required to sign in and use it.

I am hopeful that they can concentrate on some long-standing bugs and usability issues, as well as routing, traffic avoidance, and map functionality (and effect on routing) improvements.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xd-data-ii wrote:Looks like need to add enable/disable carpool lanes features. It's now sending me onto HOV express lanes on I-15. Didn't before.
I can't imagine that would be client-specific. Unless the routing server couldn't be contacted and the app did the routing itself.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
LASpurs wrote:I noticed this morning the bug where you report an incident in the other lane still popping up in my lane. I get messages from other wazers asking why I am making false reports. This bug has existed for aaaaaaaaaaages.
This isn't an app issue, so a new version couldn't fix this anyway.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
stevecody wrote:Do you mean exit it by hitting the home button or locking my phone or am I supposed to kill the app?
Waze, like all other nav apps, operates in the background if you just hit the home button or switch to another app. That is why there is a "Switch off" button in the Main Menu. You need to use that. (Or equivalent voice command.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
stevecody wrote:I'm pretty sure with the old version of Waze, if I tapped a Wazer on the map, the details for that person would be displayed, centered on the screen. Now, they appear near the top or out of the screen view. Is the new behavior where I have to tap them then move the screen or center the screen on their icon first? That's kinda lame, especially since I may click on several people in a row sometimes. Auto-centering was nice.
This was terribly frustrating to deal with Waze during beta testing. NO ONE liked this and complained multiple times. The UI for this popup is terrible now. Totally agree. We tried! :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Z37A23 wrote:a) on IPhone = lost all tracks (but still have my favorites intact).
Waze never stored "tracks" in the app. I'm not sure what you're meaning.
Z37A23 wrote:on webpage = (presumably for the same reason) I can no longer update maps. I'm stuck with the "You need to drive with Waze to get permissions to edit the map" announcement.
Make sure you are logged into the right server.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Z37A23 wrote:a) Sorry, mine was a gps minded comment. Had my "paved" roads visible on my IPhone. No longer have these on IPhone nor able to see those up on public map.
Paved roads should disappear after a while on the app, but there's some kind of bug which has been keeping them longer. If they aren't on the map either, then add them with the editor. It's faster and more accurate to use the editor anyway. You can align with other GPS tracks. And all your drives are in the editor, so you can see where you drove where there is no road.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
easyxtarget wrote:I have a bug. Tried it on two devices and same problem. I can't set the voice navigation to minimal. If I select minimal it reverts to full. Basically if I select none, I don't get voice. If I select minimal or full, I have full navigation prompts with street names.
I can confirm this bug. And, I can confirm that this didn't happen during the 3 beta versions I tested.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
invented wrote:Also, a vote to open up the beta testing to more than a select few.
That is restricted by Apple.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message