iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:
johnmcboston wrote:So how do you get rid of all the Dunkin Donut icons? Trying to drive in the city, you can't see the road there are so many icons popping up. Definite thumbs down.

I don't think you can turn it off. Dunkin Donuts is paying Waze money to be on the map.

Where are you and/or can you post a screen shot?

My guess is johnmcboston is from Boston :p

There's a lot of Dunkin Donuts in that area.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352523485.295253.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352523485.295253.jpg (21.59 KiB) Viewed 831 times

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby weeezer14 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:08 am

Yeah it looks similar in NJ and NY right now. I wouldn't say it was overwhelming. More Wazers, jams, and hazards than DD pins.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:Yeah it looks similar in NJ and NY right now. I wouldn't say it was overwhelming. More Wazers, jams, and hazards than DD pins.

When I first located Boston on the map, every Dunkin Donuts marker was accompanied by a Wazer icon, so maybe the advertising is effective.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby johnmcboston » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:
johnmcboston wrote:Where are you and/or can you post a screen shot?

Indeed, I'm in Boston. Waze seems to be acting up. Now the DD logos keep popping up and going away at random, and the app keeps detecting and reporting (to waze) errors...

So I can't get a good DD photo at the moment, but we do have so many Wazers on the road I'm getting the same effect :)

johnmcboston

Postby ronacap » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:16 am

johnmcboston wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:
johnmcboston wrote:Where are you and/or can you post a screen shot?

Indeed, I'm in Boston. Waze seems to be acting up. Now the DD logos keep popping up and going away at random, and the app keeps detecting and reporting (to waze) errors...

So I can't get a good DD photo at the moment, but we do have so many Wazers on the road I'm getting the same effect :)

That is definitely a lot of Wazers. I travel around Los Angeles, CA and see so many Wazers on the map that I cannot see traffic conditions, hazards, police, and other events on my iPhone 4. My solution is to turn off seeing other Wazers. :D
San Diego, California, United States | Royalty Wazer | Waze 3.6 | iPhone 4 | iOS 6.1.3
ronacap

Postby johnmcboston » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:14 pm

ronacap wrote:That is definitely a lot of Wazers. I travel around Los Angeles, CA and see so many Wazers on the map that I cannot see traffic conditions, hazards, police, and other events on my iPhone 4. My solution is to turn off seeing other Wazers. :D

Usually seeing other Wazers is fun. But was a passenger the other night and looked ahead to see if our planned exist had a lot of traffic and saw this. Lots of wazers; many traffic warnings, many speed restrictions. And on top of that, The DD icons. In that image there are a good 20 DD, and I think at that time they all popped up at once. (Playing last night, only a few were popping up).

Looking at my screenshot, I also realize those buttons seem larger than they used to - or is it just me?
johnmcboston

Postby fredlabelle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi,

i have an iPhone 4s with IOS 6.0.1. Since the October 31, the date i update Waze for the 3.5.0, all my news routes are missing, and the points for those drive arent's there. The only new points i got every day is just for the repport i sent.

is it just appen to me? or a major update problem?

thank's
fredlabelle

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 pm

fredlabelle wrote:Hi,

i have an iPhone 4s with IOS 6.0.1. Since the October 31, the date i update Waze for the 3.5.0, all my news routes are missing, and the points for those drive arent's there. The only new points i got every day is just for the repport i sent.

is it just appen to me? or a major update problem?

thank's

Not certain yet if this is a 3.5 issue or even an iOS issue, but that is being discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30903

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JoeMatava » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Since upgrading to the latest version of waze on my iPhone 4 waze crashes constantly. It is plugged into my USB charging port in my car and connected to a bluetooth->FM transmitter.

Oh, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled waze on the phone twice thinking it might be a corrupted file. :(
JoeMatava

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:32 am

johnmcboston wrote:
ronacap wrote:That is definitely a lot of Wazers. I travel around Los Angeles, CA and see so many Wazers on the map that I cannot see traffic conditions, hazards, police, and other events on my iPhone 4. My solution is to turn off seeing other Wazers. :D

Usually seeing other Wazers is fun. But was a passenger the other night and looked ahead to see if our planned exist had a lot of traffic and saw this. Lots of wazers; many traffic warnings, many speed restrictions. And on top of that, The DD icons. In that image there are a good 20 DD, and I think at that time they all popped up at once. (Playing last night, only a few were popping up).

Looking at my screenshot, I also realize those buttons seem larger than they used to - or is it just me?

Waze has stated before that there will not be more than 4 advertisements visible on the screen at a time. I have yet to see a screenshot with more than 3 or 4.

And with this, I cross into the realm of 10,000+ posts. Paaarty. :ugeek:
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App