iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby joshv310 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Just updated to WAZE 3.5 on my iPhone 4s (running iOS 5.1.1) and can't get the app to launch without immediately crashing.
1. Tried rebooting phone. Didn't work.
2. Tried deleting and redownloading WAZE 3.5. Same result.
3. Tried the above with no other apps running (even in background). Same result.
4. Tried manually enabling location services for WAZE in settings. Same thing.
4. Tried several combinations of all the above. Still behaves (ie crashes) exactly the same way.

Things I will not try: upgrading to iOS 6. The new iOS actually eliminates a few features that I like / rely on so I will not be updating to iOS 6 anytime soon.

Any more ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
WAZE has worked so well for me in the past it kills me to suddenly be without it. Please help!
joshv310

Postby OldGnome » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 pm

joshv310 wrote:Just updated to WAZE 3.5 on my iPhone 4s (running iOS 5.1.1) and can't get the app to launch without immediately crashing.
1. Tried rebooting phone. Didn't work.
2. Tried deleting and redownloading WAZE 3.5. Same result.
3. Tried the above with no other apps running (even in background). Same result.
4. Tried manually enabling location services for WAZE in settings. Same thing.
4. Tried several combinations of all the above. Still behaves (ie crashes) exactly the same way.

Things I will not try: upgrading to iOS 6. The new iOS actually eliminates a few features that I like / rely on so I will not be updating to iOS 6 anytime soon.

Any more ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
WAZE has worked so well for me in the past it kills me to suddenly be without it. Please help!

If you will read back through this thread, you will discover there is an acknowledged problem with v3.5 on iPhones. The best solution is to go back to a prior version, if you are able to do that. Waze developers are working on a solution.
OldGnome

Postby invented » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:12 pm

I had a stop point set along with a regular destination. Shortly thereafter, Waze crashed arbitrarily (normal behaviour). I restarted Waze and it set my stop point and destination again, however it set my stop point to my destination.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby davipt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 pm

I have yet another regression to report, albeit I think it's just a configuration issue. With the new client, here in Portugal, I have no way to change the voice pack to another language. I can change the text strings though. Haven't yet got the guts to reinstall the app to double check if it asks me which language to use at the beginning (mostly because the favourites import wouldn't pick the latest version).

In my opinion this is important for us because in our country we are used to deal with a lot of languages, even in the sense that we never translated anything from TV (except for the kids), everything is the original sound track with portuguese captions, and that's why when someone comes on vacation we all can somehow manage to try to communicate in whatever language the tourist is. :)

The other reason is that usually the Portuguese translations and voice packs are not that good, or people try to translate technical terms that sound weird in our language, and usually prefer to use the english version. Fortunately it's not the case with Waze, as the voice package is amazing - way better than my Volkswagen based navigation and my previous german BMW iDrive one, and the translations are getting better by the minute by our team of translators.

But personally I do like to try other languages from time to time, either to check their status and help improve the development, or for example to not forget to practice the German (we've lived there eight years).

So I would kindly ask Waze to let the user select any text and voice language when in Portugal. We have no TTS anyway, so it's not relevant which language it is. And it's a regression because the previous client allowed us to select the text and the voice independently and to whichever language we would like.

PS: Merkel war heute hier, also müssen wir lernen die Deutsch Sprache bald ;)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:38 am

MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979

Previous

Return to Waze App