iOS 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby xd-data-ii » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:22 pm

Looks like need to add enable/disable carpool lanes features. It's now sending me onto HOV express lanes on I-15. Didn't before.
Menu scrolling is no big deal. If the icons could be rearranged would be better to move out of the way the 4+ useless ones.
Would also be good to make touching anywhere on the pop-up alerts (other than the buttons) to close them. Trying to hit that small X while driving is not a thought through idea.
Seems to work fine though.
xd-data-ii

Postby xd-data-ii » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:25 pm

It's great that finally iphone 5 support. And some improvements looking good.

But all this social crap and linking to Facebook friends and meet ups etc is nonsense. So annoying that they bothered working on this pointless stuff and still there is no improvement to the bad way it handles traffic. Still no traffic bar. Still no way to detour. Still no way to show only events on route. Still no detailed summary of events ahead. That should all be priority. Not silly meet up things.
I also want a way to remove that meet up stuff and Facebook stuff. Would be nice if there was an option to clean up the app if you didn't want to do all that stuff. Would clean up the main menu and save lots of screen real estate (especially for lesser phones than iPhone 5). Please find a way to do this.

It's still good, just disappointed in the direction of focus of the update when the app is meant to be about traffic and needs huge improvement in that area. But iPhone 5 support. Now I can use it again
xd-data-ii

Postby perlin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Aaaaand we're live! You can find the official release on Appstore.
Please share here your feedback about the version (bad and good of course).

Thanks!
perlin

Haven't been able to use since Update.

Postby joshuagbsn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I am using an iPhone 4, on Verizon's network on iOs 6.0.1 Firmware 3.0.04

I am a tremendous fan of this app, but it hasn't worked one single time for me since the update.
It crashes instantly. It crashes when it tries to send Crash reports. It's currently an app for those that like to just watch programs crash. I'll stick around and use it once it's fixed but I can't use it.

I have to concur that it it appears to start crashing when I actually start moving.
joshuagbsn

crash, crash, and crash again

Postby MeekayCat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Connect to power cord? Crash.
Disconnect power cord? Crash.
Reinstall app? Crash.
Turn off Bluetooth on phone? Crash.
Connect using wifi? Crash.
Connect using data-phone? Crash.
Restart phone? Crash.
Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash.
MeekayCat

Previous

Return to Waze App