Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze Wish -- On what side is accident

Post by ereiss
It is helpful to know there is an accident ahead, it would be even better to know, on a multi-lane road, to which side I should be moving to avoid the accident.

Just a thought.
ereiss

POSTER_ID:1101821

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This has been requested before. In the last week. Please search before posting.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I also typically do an audio recording. Though I doubt the majority of Wazers know to tap on the music icon to play it. You can get a lot more detail through audio in 10s than in text.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
Well just to be clear I do think that there are distinct requests here. 1) The request that the reports about incidents in your direction be indicated in such a way to make them easier to distinguish from reports about incidents in the other direction. 2) The request to provide lane guidance among the lanes traveling in your direction, so that if the accident is in left lane of multilane freeway you know to move to the right lanes.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Crash65
One user stated he enters text as to which lanes the accident is in. The primary purpose of the notifications aspect of this app is to notify you verbally what is ahead. For me to require reading text is not useful while I am driving... :?
Crash65
Send a message

Post by Crash65
You are correct.
Crash65
Send a message

Post by razor2k
ereiss wrote:It is helpful to know there is an accident ahead, it would be even better to know, on a multi-lane road, to which side I should be moving to avoid the accident.

Just a thought.
That comes down to the users who report it. When I report an accident, I will put in report something like...right two lanes blocked get in left lane.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual