Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby zexpe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm

zexpe wrote:I haven't had problems in the past week either.

I spoke too soon - since writing that, not a single one of my subsequent drives have appeared...
zexpe
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:10 pm

therubinator wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I mean that the latest beta might've fixed it.


Yep - that's what I understood.
jasonh300 wrote:Is anyone with missing drives using Android or are we all on iOS?


In this thread? It's about the iOS app version 3.5. Prolly wont get many responses from Android users, I'd think!


Okay, it was very early in the morning... :oops:

Being that I merged two threads about this, and they both were specific to iOS, and I haven't seen any separate thread mentioning Android, that leads me to believe it's an iOS problem.
jasonh300
 
Posts: 7568
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Has thanked: 408 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby zexpe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 pm

I haven't had problems in the past week either. How did you manage to strike up a dialog with support? Whenever I send them any request I hear nothing back! :(
zexpe
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby zexpe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm using iOS 5.1.1 still.

Also, I've seen cases recently where my evening commute drives are available, even when I've seen the phone jumping between a poor wifi signal and 3G at the end of the drive. So, that's certainly not _always_ a problem.
zexpe
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:02 am

CBenson wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:The drive uploads haven't worked like this for a while. The entire drive uploads when you switch Waze off. This all started with the last beta before 3.5 was released, so it may not have become an issue to the general public until 3.5.

Must be an iOS version issue.


If you mean the version of the actual iOS operating system, I upgraded to 6.0 and then 6.0.1 just about 2 weeks ago, but this problem started for me on October 6 (that I know of...maybe earlier) and that's around the time the complaints in the forums started. I think it may be unique to iOS devices though. Haven't noticed anyone reporting this with an Android, but of course, I don't read the Android forums either.
jasonh300
 
Posts: 7568
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Has thanked: 408 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby usa_8ximq376 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:38 am

just ran into this on my phone - however i had connectivity issues at the beginning of the drive, not the end, which was my return trip home - the trip there showed up fine however. would love to help find any rhyme/reason behind this!
usa_8ximq376
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby CBenson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 pm

jasonh300 wrote:The drive uploads haven't worked like this for a while. The entire drive uploads when you switch Waze off. This all started with the last beta before 3.5 was released, so it may not have become an issue to the general public until 3.5.

Must be an iOS version issue.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 10330
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Crownsville, MD, US
Has thanked: 1069 times
Been thanked: 2355 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:40 pm

My problem would be at the work end, too, if I didn't have wifi disabled, as the default wifi there requires AD domain authentication to get through to the internet, so most non-work data is blocked.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23613
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1126 times
Been thanked: 4794 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby zexpe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
CBenson wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:My theory is that if you end a drive and Waze can't immediately make an internet connection to upload the drive, the drive gets lost.

But you shouldn't lose the whole drive. At worst shouldn't you only lose from where you lost the internet connection.

The drive uploads haven't worked like this for a while. The entire drive uploads when you switch Waze off. This all started with the last beta before 3.5 was released, so it may not have become an issue to the general public until 3.5.

That explains a lot. Thanks. So if I press the "Switch Off" button the app isn't killed - just the GPS is switched off and drive uploaded? I was beginning to worry as to whether "Switch Off" would prevent a drive from being uploaded now.

jasonh300 wrote:
zexpe wrote:I had the same pattern. It is possible my phone is connecting to a (possibly my) WiFi network upon arriving home that is interrupting the transfer. This wouldn't affect my morning commutes.

I find that my drive reliably uploads if my final destination is home, where my phone connects to Wifi as soon as I pull into my driveway.

My problem is I park on the street outside and if it gets a Wifi connection upon arrival it may well not be a reliable one...

This 3.5 version seems like a backwards step in this regard.
zexpe
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:08 pm

CBenson wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:My theory is that if you end a drive and Waze can't immediately make an internet connection to upload the drive, the drive gets lost.

But you shouldn't lose the whole drive. At worst shouldn't you only lose from where you lost the internet connection.


The drive uploads haven't worked like this for a while. The entire drive uploads when you switch Waze off. This all started with the last beta before 3.5 was released, so it may not have become an issue to the general public until 3.5.

zexpe wrote:I had the same pattern. It is possible my phone is connecting to a (possibly my) WiFi network upon arriving home that is interrupting the transfer. This wouldn't affect my morning commutes.


I find that my drive reliably uploads if my final destination is home, where my phone connects to Wifi as soon as I pull into my driveway.
jasonh300
 
Posts: 7568
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Has thanked: 408 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Next

Return to Waze App

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]