These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by PhantomSoul
I don't think there is an iOS 6.0.2 (yet). There is, however, an iOS 6.0.1 patch that that has to be installed with an Internet-connected iTunes computer and the USB cable, since the update says iOS 6.0.1 corrects a bug in iOS 6.0 that makes over-the-air updates not work.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
iOS 6.0.1 can be loaded over the air now, at least on iPhone 5 via AT&T. It downloads an app to your phone that then works around the bug to update iOS to 6.0.1 and conveniently removes itself during the update process. A rather elegant solution, I must say...
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by robin1979
jasonh300 wrote:
OldGnome wrote: iOS 6.0.1
Your software is up to date
Same here. Don't they do some kind of controlled release where only some people get it over a certain time frame, to keep the servers from getting overloaded?
There is no 6.0.2
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by top_gun_de
PhantomSoul wrote:I don't think there is an iOS 6.0.2 (yet). There is, however, an iOS 6.0.1 patch that that has to be installed with an Internet-connected iTunes computer and the USB cable, since the update says iOS 6.0.1 corrects a bug in iOS 6.0 that makes over-the-air updates not work.
No, the update works over-the-air (at least with wifi), but it is a two-stage-process on the iphone 5 which had the bug. Opening settings/software-update loads a fixed updateprogram which when started will load the real 6.0.1-update.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message