Android beta 3.5.0.03 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth, bextein

The app get stuck always in same conditions/position

Postby Fabione72 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:48 pm

I wondering is somebody else is facing my same problem:

Every morning I change my route frequently (respect to the one suggested by Waze), always in same places.

99% of time Waze recalculate the route with the exception of a particular physical position.
When I get there, the app get stuck. No way to terminate the process (tried to force it out by android application menu, no way).
When this happens I have to turn-off my Samsung Galaxy-S (I9000), then to manually restart tha app...

This happens all the time (I'm available to share GPS positions, if it helps)

I see a similar known bug referring to an application crash.
The one I'm experiencing is really worst.

Ciao
Fabione72

Re: Re: Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.0.03 feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:38 am

xteejx wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Having a proper bug-tracker and engaging more with beta testers would be a big step in the right direction.

Absolutely! The more that can test new features across a range of devices, the better the product.
A bug tracker is a must. It would be easy to setup a new project in Launchpad (used my many open source projects like Ubuntu).
Waze could then notify affected users when something is fixed, if it's being worked on etc. because at the moment it's a bit "all over the place".

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Agree.
Already posted this same idea in forum.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares

Re: Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.0.03 feedback thread

Postby porubcan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:24 am

Autourdupc wrote:
porubcan wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:depending on where I'm I can see all gas station around me but sometime I can't update prices because Waze can't find nearby station

You need to be real close to GS to be able to report prices. Try to get closer... Search has larger radius...

if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault

Strange. .. I sometime read price when driving near the station and wanted to update when at home or at work or while waiting in my car.

Indeed this is possible - use fakeGPS app to emulate position near GS and report price for whatever GS

porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby nzhook » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 pm

xteejx wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Having a proper bug-tracker and engaging more with beta testers would be a big step in the right direction.

Absolutely! The more that can test new features across a range of devices, the better the product.
A bug tracker is a must. It would be easy to setup a new project in Launchpad (used my many open source projects like Ubuntu).
Waze could then notify affected users when something is fixed, if it's being worked on etc. because at the moment it's a bit "all over the place".

I would really like to see a bug tracker, a previous beta post indicated they have one. Main reason I would like to see one is to see if what ive found has already been reported, and when its "fixed" it can be retested. Currently its guess work and a lot of people reporting the same thing (or having the issue but not reporting it because they think its been reported but the waze team missed it when it was first reported)
nzhook

Postby floppyrod84 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.0.03 feedback thread

Postby Laakkus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:33 am

Autourdupc wrote:why is the update button at to right side for gas update?
this location is not comfortable to tap .
I would prefer a standard button!

+1

Just smudged the touchscreen with Tapatalk
Laakkus

Postby Den_in_USA » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:53 am

SocalToe wrote:Here's another problem.

I'm not getting audio warnings of red light cameras anymore.......

Nor am I getting the blue rings on the map.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk 2
Den_in_USA

Postby autourdupc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 pm

porubcan wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:depending on where I'm I can see all gas station around me but sometime I can't update prices because Waze can't find nearby station

You need to be real close to GS to be able to report prices. Try to get closer... Search has larger radius...

Strange. .. I sometime read price when driving near the station and wanted to update when at home or at work or while waiting in my car.

Maybe Waze could consider our ranking and our driving location as for modify map where modify is available 1 miles around drive !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby porubcan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:49 pm

xteejx wrote:A lot of these problems could have been solved if we had more beta testers! More eyes on a beta has to be better than a "select few", although afaik it is open to all on Android.

Having a proper bug-tracker and engaging more with beta testers would be a big step in the right direction.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie

Next

Return to App Beta Testing