Android beta 3.5.0.03 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.0.03 feedback thread

Postby zCougar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:29 pm

And third report is about inconsistency between map tiles and route line. However I'm not sure if clearing phone map tile cache would help or not. Couldn't have a chance to try that.

--
Cougar
Waze 4.18.0.0: Nexus 4 | | Nexus 6P
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby zCougar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Another bug with trip ETAs. Looks like some numbers are missing:

Look at distance and ETA in popup menu and then the same numbers in bottom screen

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby zCougar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi,

I made a longer trip today and found that gas price thing does not always work as supposed.

No, these prices are not OK. Our gas price is usually in €1.2—1.4 range. So, I pressed [No] and entered right prices but could not update them

I thought that this happened because I clicked "98 regular" but didn't enter that. In next Gas station there was no gas prices yet and I entered both but got the same invalid error:

All other 10-20 gas stations I passed today were okay.
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby yoho » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Waze keeps crashing when going from landscape to portrait and vice-versa. HTC Wildfire, logs submitted several times.

Also in portrait, when reporting a map error, it's impossible to hit "send" because the button is hidden, you need to put your phone in landscape but it will crash 90% of the time :-(
yoho

Postby wimdelange » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Today I got the message again that Facebook was closed. It happened after half an hour driving with Waze. I've send the log files immediately at 17:02 GMT +1 today. This is the screen shot. The warning popped up after the message that facebook closed.
Not sure if I have the debug mode active. I thought that this is standard with the beta, but I don't see the red picture in the menu popup? Missed the instructions how to activate that.
2012-11-08 17.01.50.png
2012-11-08 17.01.50.png (245.02 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wimdelange » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 am

Several times after I drive for say 10 minutes, I get the message "Facebook has stopped" (Facebook is gestopped). This happens only when I'm using Waze, so it looks like it is related? Does it help if I send the logs after such an incident?
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wimdelange » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 am

pvaladares wrote:
snuffy0311 wrote:is there a reason why when i have my phone plugged into the car charger and running my waze the battery keeps discharging?
the phone stays on but the battery dies...i have the samsung s3 but this was also happening to my Evo 4G as well...and it is a new car charger.

I used to have a 0,5A charger and Waze and the charging balance was negative.
Now with my new 1A charger I can run Waze and charge at the same time ;)
Maybe I should take a look such a charger too. Did not know there were differences.

Can someone confirm if Waze uses more energy in this version then before? Because I did not have this problem before.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wimdelange » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:35 am

a4bolek wrote:
snuffy0311 wrote:is there a reason why when i have my phone plugged into the car charger and running my waze the battery keeps discharging?
the phone stays on but the battery dies...i have the samsung s3 but this was also happening to my Evo 4G as well...and it is a new car charger.

Some chargers do not provide sufficient current to keep device going and battery charged. Look in device settings, battery. Proper charger will show up as AC charger, not USB charger.
And that explains what? Fact is that Waze uses a lot more of CPU(?) than before and is draining the battery, while it did not in previous versions. Bit I must admit, I'm not sure about that. Can this be confirmed and if so could some development time spent in writing more efficient code that consumes less power? This is on a HTC Sensation with JuiceDefender active (so screen is dimmed).

[edited]
Last edited by wimdelange on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby TheGridExe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:29 am

I've been noticing roads sometimes appear with the wrong name. It looks like the tiles get confused for a second and then readjust back to being correct when the screen has to readjust for zooming in and/or out of the map. I'll see if I can get pics of this in action.
ImageImageImage
TheGridExe
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby thefatveganchef » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 am

I am running alpha 4 on the MT. I have the spinning icon on nodes. This is even happening while driving and especially on nodes where major roads intersect each other. This did not happen on any previous versions. Also getting black screen / lock on boot on the MT occasionally. And the issue I reported before where the waze splash will lock on boot on the tab is still happening occasionally.

Also the issue where sometimes the first report at stop will be at your location instead of the location of the issue is still happening.
thefatveganchef

Next

Return to App Beta Testing