Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Waze on iOS

Post by
App wrote:What's New
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:

Fixed a bug that caused the app to close when updating the map.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.69

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1641125310-
Hi,

Would it be possibe to add "OK Google or Hey Google" or a button for google microphone like android on the iOS apple carplay? I need it so its easier for users like myself using the iPhone to report hazards, change locations, make phone calls etc like the android verson on iOS. So we can keep our eyes on the road instead of using sub menus to report hazards encontered on the road. 
Inactive user -1641125310-
Send a message

Inactive user -1672560486-
Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1672560486-
When used with CarPlay on iOS 14.4+ the app needs to be force closed on the phone before working correctly. Otherwise, it's logged in as a Guest User.

Flagged multiple times elsewhere on the forum
Inactive user -1672560486-
Send a message

Post by AlObaili
Hello, I haven't participated in the forums for a very long time, but I came here to express my feedback about the sudden removal of two Arabic voices from waze:
- العربية - فاطمة
- العربية - أحمد

Sometime in the past few weeks these voices vanished from the list.

Before:
Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 21.07.01.png
(65.5 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Those were the only voices that supported voice guidance with street names (+ other cool features like lane guidance). Since in my country the map street names are in Arabic, me and all wazers are now left with less than ideal experience and having to use the only available voice without street names.

I request that the above two voices are rolled back and made available, or other Arabic voices with street name guidance to be developed.

I'm not asking for a new feature here. This is simply a regression that made the driving experience worse for Arabic speaking wazers. I couldn't find any official reason behind taking off the voices and when I contacted support they simply explained to me that the voice are not available any more.

Please bring Arabic voices with street named back!

I'm a long time wazer and map editor and I contributed my share to localize Waze to Arabic, back in the day when Arabic was poorly supported.

I hope my feedback reaches the right people, and the best experience is back.

Thanks,

AlObaili
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

download/file.php?id=58773https://s.waze.tools/s0500.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c6s.png
مـنـســـق مــجـتـمـع ويـز الـسـعــوديـة والــبحـريـن ومـنـســق الـتعــريـب لـمـنـتجـات ويــز
CM for Saudi Arabia & Bahrain & Transifex Coordinator for Arabic

Post by AndrewBakerSpeedy97
I’ve been getting reduced speed warnings being announced recently whilst driving and I’ve noticed I have this beta flag on the bottom of the app, despite not being enrolled. I was enrolled last year but I stopped testing and reinstalled the app fresh from the App Store. Any ideas on how I can get back to stable?
AndrewBakerSpeedy97
Send a message

Post by Angelfish03
n8nagel wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 pm I just got a new company phone, and it's an iPhone SE 3rd gen.  I installed Waze on it because I may be without my personal phone for a few days as it needs warranty repair.  How do you iPhone users use Waze in the car if you also have the phone connected to your head unit by Bluetooth for phone calls?  My (android) personal phone has an option where I can use the BT connection for phone only so while I'm driving I can, e.g. listen to the radio and the Waze alerts will play through the phone's speaker, but if someone calls me the car's head unit will use the car's mic and speakers for the phone call.  On the iPhone, I don't seem to have that option; I either have it disconnected from BT entirely or else I need to have the head unit set to bluetooth sound for the input (I can't listen to the radio, a CD, another media player etc.)

Am I missing something here?  This seems like a pretty big issue and Waze has been out for over a decade, so I'm hoping that I'm just missing a workaround.

So here's the workaround that I use because I find this incredibly frustrating as well.

For my Waze setup, I use "Device Default," which tells it to do what my phone is doing. When in the car, my phone automatically connects to my car Bluetooth. The only way for me to get the directions to play through the car radio is to play music from my phone while connected to my car. When the music is playing through the car radio, the directions will then also play through the car radio. 

I use Apple Music and have not tested with other music apps, but I imagine it would also work with the others. 

Angelfish03
Send a message

Post by Batters56
Hi all, 

I have two bits of feedback: 

1. Very iOS specific is the fact that if you start navigation on either Apple Maps or Google Maps then go to a different app on your phone (with your phone in a cradle of course) or the Home Screen, then the top left of the phone that is normally the clock turns into a blue lozenge with the "location" symbol on it and you just have to tap it to get back to whichever navigation app you had on. It would be really good if Waze could use this feature too. 

2. Reporting "Map Issues". It is surely an oversight that transient issues like cars stopped at the side of the road or weather have the option of being reported "later", but "Map Issues" can only be reported in the moment when it is illegal to write helpful comments for Waze Editors, you just have to hit the "Send" button. I think the "later" button should be added to "Map Issues" perhaps even with an exhortation to "Add comments and send later"? 

Cheers,

Ben

Batters56
Send a message

Post by Buzaimiki82
Dear all, this is my first post here, and tbh i am getting frustrated.
I was a longtime Android user (10+ years) and now bought an Iphone 15 PM (had one prevoiusly, an 11 PM) and this issue is still there, and has not been fixed.
My issue is the following:

i always use waze. I can't force the phone to play Waze's sound on the Loudspeaker of the Iphone.
Following scenario happens.
I have an older car (2005 Suzuki) with a bluetooth headunit.
The phone playes spotify via the headunit, and when navigation is active the sound is playing trough the headunit/speakers of the car, this is fine.
Now i do not want to listen to spotyfi all the time, hence i do listen to Radio sometimes, this is where my issue starts.
When i listen to the radio, i want the phone to use the phones loudspeaker to give directions, which is not hapening, it just stays silent.
On Android i could set any combination, and worked everytime.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

Buzaimiki82
Send a message

Post by CathyMillerCool4
I recently used WAZE to navigate to Nashville, TN from my home in Palmetto, FL.  On the way to Nashville, WAZE was very useful -- I arrived safely after approximately 14 hours of driving.  The return trip was very different because the app recalculated my return route in such away that I ended up being re-routed through Alabama from what looked like the Chatanooga/GA border because it felt that traffic was getting heavy.  After a number of hours, I finally returned to GA and made it through to FL.  I had to stop several times during the journey and noiticed there were times that connectivity may have been lost because I was presented with a button to RESUME the route.  I ended up arriving home 1:30a the next day ( I left Nashville at 6:15a on Sunday and had expected to arrive home by 9:30p the detour add 4 additional hours).

CathyMillerCool4
Send a message

Post by COBillK
Still useless for me as it has been the past six months.

As soon as I launch it, it takes over my Bluetooth audio as a phone call even though it has nothing to say.

If you finally get it to relinquish control, any iOS sound - like the click induced by putting the screen to sleep - will cause it to once again grab audio and not give it up.

It's back to Google Maps, which handles the audio handover perfectly.
COBillK
Send a message