iOS beta 3.5.0.995 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.0.995 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:08 am

beffl wrote:Till now all is working at mine iphone exept pave mode which I already reportet at the laste beta thread abd the official 3.5 thread!
Unfortunatly i never got an answer!!!

What do you mean exactly? The bug with the dimmed screen when selecting Pave is fixed in this version. Can you report otherwise?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Another crash searching category-based stop points while a fairly long (6+ hours) route was planned. I was searching for Restaurants and switching back and forth between results providers.
The crash happened after I tapped the back button when looking at a result list.

Manage to reproduce. We're looking into it.
Thanks for reporting!
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:49 am

plbs76 wrote:Glad I'm not the only one suffering from repeatable crashes. It's happening 9/10 times for me.

I see the Waze home screen
I see my location on the map briefly
And then then the whole app closes

On the rare occasion the app stays open, I get the error log report messaging asking if I want to submit an error. Whether I click submit or cancel, it mostly crashes.

Today I also noticed that the 'Report Fuel Price' icon had momentarily been replaced by the Pave icon. Weird. Next time I eventually got into the app, the 'Report Fuel Price' icon was back.

FYI I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling, and it still didn't solve the problem. Please sort soon - I'd hate to have to move away to a rival app.

The logs show you have the 3.5 version installed. Please install the beta or write only in the relevant forum. This is very misleading.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:[list][*]"Passenger, OK" confirmation box: The X is equivalent to the "OK" button and not the "Passenger" button. Is that the expected behavior?

Yes, we want users to really confirm that they're passengers when they choose to type while they drive.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Future ability: After dismissing a message popup, there is no way to reply to it later. The Inbox functionality in My Waze is limited to reading only. At the very least, it needs to have the ability to compose a reply.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:In the Inbox, just like with the Mail app, going into Edit mode should allow the marking of messages to delete. The way it is now, it has no useful function because it is the same as swipe-deleting without tapping Edit first.

We agree with these points and working on both of them. As we don't have our own inbox yet, we use an external one, that has many bugs and missing features... These will both hopefully change in the near future.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:51 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:"Other" button for new installation means what to a new user? As previously advised, please change the button text to something meaningful that shows what the button is actually for.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we decided not to change that.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:08 pm

jasonh300 wrote:Switch off bug is still present and, unless I missed it, has not been acknowledged.

I ran my battery down to 5% last night in a meeting before I realized Waze was still running and didn't have a charger.

Sorry for not writing anything about this, but we're aware of this bug and working on a fix. This happens only when you shut-down waze and quickly turn off the screen, right?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby pj91198 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:09 pm

This beta version can be downloaded by anyone right? I keep getting a "could not be downloaded at this time" popup
pj91198

Postby plbs76 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Glad I'm not the only one suffering from repeatable crashes. It's happening 9/10 times for me.

On the rare occasion the app stays open, I get the error log report messaging asking if I want to submit an error. Whether I click submit or cancel, it mostly crashes.

Today I also noticed that the 'Report Fuel Price' icon had momentarily been replaced by the Pave icon. Weird. Next time I eventually got into the app, the 'Report Fuel Price' icon was back.

FYI I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling, and it still didn't solve the problem. Please sort soon - I'd hate to have to move away to a rival app.
plbs76

Postby RallyChris » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 pm

plbs76 wrote:Glad I'm not the only one suffering from repeatable crashes. It's happening 9/10 times for me.

Any clues to what is different from your setup from the rest of us. This is the exact behavior I had up till 3.5.0.991, but mine was definitely caused by audio device plugged in via the 30 pin.

On reinstall, try not logging in and seeing if it crashes. This might point to a favorites issue.
Reinstall only while on wireless. I've seen issues for myself when I loose network connectivity during the setup steps. Also power off/on the device after uninstall to make sure that everything is freed up before the reinstall.
Try turning off bluetooth if it is on.
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
RallyChris

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing