Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Turn off alerts

Post by bbmass
If find these annoying and not helpful. Please add an option to disable them

Thanks
bbmass

POSTER_ID:11202301

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Borgholio wrote:It is a setting which determines at what speed the popups begin to appear. I dont see how that can simply disappear.
They can simply hardcode the zero-speed check and not use the value in the preference file.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
EgzVPI wrote:Giving this a try. Thanks!
You can turn them off within the app too.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Borgholio wrote:Since when?
Since forever, though no one figured it out until the last few months. On all these repeating threads complaining about "how to turn off these damn alerts!" I just reference people to the FAQ which was updated some time last month as well. It isn't a granular setting, but I and many others have turned it off and Waze functions 98% without it turned on.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
aybesea wrote:Any ideas?
It appears to be disabled/messed up on the server side. Check the app feedback threads and you'll find we've been reporting no popups for a little over a week now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by aybesea
I'm thoroughly confused. I'm on an Android phone and for the last several days (since 1/14/13 or so) I no longer get any reports popping up when I stand still. I still see all the roads in color, and can bring up a current list of reports. I also see other wazers... just no reports when I'm idling. Has something changed with the software/servers?

I don't know if I like this or not... I certainly don't like not being able to explain it. I've checked the settings for radius, download, etc. and nothing seems to have changed.

Any ideas?
aybesea
Send a message

Post by aybesea
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
aybesea wrote:Any ideas?
It appears to be disabled/messed up on the server side. Check the app feedback threads and you'll find we've been reporting no popups for a little over a week now.
Thank you for the answer... I've been racking my brain. Don't know how I missed that.
aybesea
Send a message

Post by BlazeTool
Considering Waze is now serving up ads while stopped, I wouldn't be surprised to see any ability to suppress pop-ups while stopped disappear.
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by Borgholio
I don't know if you can do this on an Iphone, but on a Droid, you can edit the Waze preferences file and set it so that you don't receive popups when the car is stopped. Ever. Just set the "min speed" to -1 (negative 1) and it'll never trigger a pop up.
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

[img]https:///NvxDK[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by Borgholio
It is a setting which determines at what speed the popups begin to appear. I dont see how that can simply disappear.
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

[img]https:///NvxDK[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]