Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Saving Current Location

Post by cageybear
Having arrived at a destination which I would want to come back to another time I figured that I would save my current location as a favourite. But I couldn't find out how to do this.

Could someone kindly explain how to save the current location please?
cageybear

POSTER_ID:11819601

Send a message
Calling in from Bracknell in Berkshire
Viewsonic ViewPad 7 powered by Android

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It's as easy as point and "click." Tap-hold any location on the map you want to save as a favorite. Tap the arrow then Add as a favorite.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by cageybear
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It's as easy as point and "click." Tap-hold any location on the map you want to save as a favorite. Tap the arrow then Add as a favorite.
Thank you - I'm relatively new to Android as well as Waze :oops:
cageybear
Send a message
Calling in from Bracknell in Berkshire
Viewsonic ViewPad 7 powered by Android

Post by Lucy77777
It doesn't have an arrow for me to save to fav's. I can go there, send that location to someone else or to myself, or go to some kind of gas price or location info. Does anyone have any other advice for saving a favorite? What am I doing wrong>
Lucy77777
Send a message

Post by RussPA
After you tap-hold, you should see some form of an address pop up along with the Send and Go buttons. Tap the "i" in the upper right corner of that little window, then you'll see "Favorite" with a star next to it. Tap that and you can name the location and add it to your favorites.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by usa_69qn1ylb
Doesn't have an arrow.  Now it's tap and hold,  3 dots, preview location, SAVE.  Not easy when driving :(

usa_69qn1ylb
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
FYI to others who may read this thread, it is not only on Android -- it is exactly the same procedure on an iOS device.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by world_o7qkbonr
kok wah si temple

kuala pilah
jalan seremban lama
world_o7qkbonr
Send a message