iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby bz2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 am

davipt wrote:bz2012 are you sure you can open websites, both http and https, and can use other services like the email client via IMAP? Aren't you behind some limited access APN from ATT, WAP style with a WapGW (http proxy) allowing only HTTP?

Yes, reasonably sure. Trying a 'reboot' on my iphone.

REBOOTING (turning off and back on) seems to have FIXED the problem!!!!
bz2012

Postby bz2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 am

pthomet wrote:A message for the wazers who are still having the startup bug. I may have found a (tedious) way to solve it.

I own an iPhone 4S, latest iOS version, no jailbreak, and waze did not launch at all (and no crash logs were present after a sync with iTunes...)

So I began to suspect there might be an actual problem in my iPhone, and the steps below were enough the get waze back to working condition:
Here is what I did :
- Backup the iPhone (connect the iPhone to iTunes, right-click on the device, and make a backup). It is wise to sync the songs & apps before doing that.
- Total wipeout of the iPhone (inside iTunes, select "Restore"). This restores the device to factory settings, and erases all the memory (!)
- Restore the iPhone from the backup

This process takes about one hour (and there is a risk of losing data), but it did solve the problem and now waze runs fine !

Hoping this will help other wazers.

I just found a simpler way. REBOOT the phone.
Turn the phone off (hold down the power button until it says 'slide to turn off' on the screen.

After it finishes powering down, turn it back on!

When mine came back up after the reboot, it worked fine!
bz2012

Postby bz2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 am

davipt wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Yes, reasonably sure. Trying a 'reboot' on my iphone.
REBOOTING (turning off and back on) seems to have FIXED the problem!!!!

Next time simply try a airplane on-off, to force a re-registration into the packet switch network and ensure there is a "3G", "E" or "o".

I had a '3G' connection showing on the top edge of the screen when the problem was occurring and I turned off my WiFi. When I turn on the WiFi, the bars replace the 3G. I didn't notice, while driving, but I suspect the 3G was on then.

EDIT: Just did a 'test drive' and voice messages are back to normal also.
(I kind of miss the 'sweet voice' of the substitute lady that was just telling me to turn right and left, but glad to have street names back. It is also interesting that there seems to be some 'default map' storage that let me drive around my home area without it getting me lost.)
Last edited by bz2012 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bz2012

Postby calli84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Good evening dear Wazers

Maybe it's only a problem on my Iphone but today in the morning as I drove to my office the announcement switched completly to the minimal version. After a few kilometers the full TTT was availible. But before this I had never changed this in option menu.

Is there a bug in the iOS version?

And as I wanted to drive back home the TTT announcement had a nice and funny vocabulary. If you reach the destination the Waze-assistent (in Germany it's called "Steffi" for the female voice) says "you arriving you destination" ... in the German way of speech. :lol:

Since today if you reach the 200 meter before the turn or something else the assistent say "in two hundred meter biegen Sie links in die blablabla Straße ab" (also "in 200 m turn left into street blablabla").

How is it in the other languages? Or do I have a problem with my mobile phone?

Greetings
Calli

(sorry for my bad English)
Area Manager: Germany / North RP • client on phone: waze 3.5.1.0 on iOS 6.0.1
calli84

Postby chrishemsworth » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 am

Still getting the whole 'we have encountered a bug/send log' pop-up on start up, navigation history feature not allowing me to look at it since the update. I was hoping the latest update would rid me of the pop-up but it hasn't.

I had deleted and reinstalled the app at least twice to see if it'd stop but it hasn't. Please fix this soon! I love this app and I'd hate to get rid of it.
chrishemsworth

Postby chrishemsworth » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 am

I'm still having the start up bug but now I'm having an issue with the gas prices feature. I was on the freeway going home and was close to a gas station meaning it was right in view close to me. It normally finds it on the search but it didn't. It's done it a few more times tonight and even right as I was right in front of a gas station it says it was unable to find a gas station nearby. It was working fine earlier in the day but on the way home nothing comes up and the search loading screen is up for a long time before it says that nothing comes up.
chrishemsworth

Postby CKyle86 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I have been using 3.5.1 since the day it came out including over 1000 miles of driving. I've mostly used it while plugging it into a vehicle with both bluetooth and a usb cable. I've received two crashes since updating, which is much better than crashing every time I plugged it in to the vehicle like in 3.5.

My only complaint right now is that about once every 50 - 100 miles while navigating major highways, it will think I left the road for a second. It then makes the "calculating route" noise and asks me to proceed to the highlighted route. It continues to tell me to proceed to highlighted route and makes the calculating route noise about once a minute until I finally reach an intersection or exit. It would be far less annoying if it only made the noise the first time.

I'm using an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1.
CKyle86

Postby CKyle86 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 pm

davipt wrote:Are you by any chance driving through a toll road whilst having the "avoid tolls" enabled?

I have "avoid tolls" disabled, and the problem has never occurred on a toll road. The problem occurred mostly while traveling on I-74 between Champaign, IL and Indianapolis, IN in both east and west directions. It also happened while traveling west somewhere between Ulen, IN and Crawlfordsville, IN on Indiana State Rd 32 (https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-86.62 ... 382&zoom=1).

This area has spotting cell phone reception if that helps.
CKyle86

iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Just had the shutdown reboot.

Logs uploaded a moment ago.
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 7.1.0 • Waze 3.7.9.922 Beta
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:51 pm

LASpurs wrote:- When I don't have an internet connection why can I not save a report? The dialogue indicating 'try again later' is ridiculous. Should I drive back to where I was in 5 mins and try again?! :lol:

+1, it should keep the message and retry later. It's painful to write something while driving to then get an error, loose the work, and not be able to report again at the right point. I hate doing reports like "something something two blocks ago" :(
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App