iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby alperny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Can't get any meet-up or 'share drive' functioning to work at all. i can successfully send the email/sms to the other user, but after that nothing works. For example, with the meet up function, my friend will click "send" on the map to send his location to me, and then it will say "waiting for alperny to start driving" but then it never updates. even though i AM driving. it also does not send me their location at all. very often the map will also go away and instead it will say that i have cancelled the request, even though i haven't. I was really looking forward to using this feature, so i hope it is fixed soon...
alperny

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am

alperny wrote:Can't get any meet-up or 'share drive' functioning to work at all. i can successfully send the email/sms to the other user, but after that nothing works. For example, with the meet up function, my friend will click "send" on the map to send his location to me, and then it will say "waiting for alperny to start driving" but then it never updates. even though i AM driving. it also does not send me their location at all. very often the map will also go away and instead it will say that i have cancelled the request, even though i haven't. I was really looking forward to using this feature, so i hope it is fixed soon...

We are experiencing a few issues with this feature. Working in solving them. Thanks for reporting.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby maxgot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 am

If the app never launches (crashes after a few secs of the start logo screen), are there still any useful logs I could send to anyone interested to investigate?
maxgot

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 am

o4qksoaq wrote:If the app never launches (crashes after a few secs of the start logo screen), are there still any useful logs I could send to anyone interested to investigate?

See "Sending Crash Reports to a Developer"

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... tions.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007959-CH10-SW9
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby stevecody » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm

My missing segments problem has returned. It disappeared for 2 days and then returned this morning for the exact same segments as in my posting here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31262
Steve Cody
iPhone 4 - Verizon - iOS 6.0.1
AM: Columbia, SC and Sumter, SC
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Trakr » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Using an iPhone 4 5.1.1 and just loaded 3.5.1. Now I get no RLC warning.
It did fix the problem of not being able to select 'Minimal' for Navigation guidance though.

I am getting alot of 'Uh-Oh' windows though when starting the app that close and then it seems like everything is working fine. I always use 'Switch Off' in Waze when not using it.
Tampa, FL area, AM Level 4
Trakr

iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Trakr wrote:I am getting alot of 'Uh-Oh' windows though when starting the app that close and then it seems like everything is working fine. I always use 'Switch Off' in Waze when not using it.

It's been posted that perhaps Facebook friends setting may be causing this issue
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Trakr » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:22 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It's been posted that perhaps Facebook friends setting may be causing this issue

Update: I am not using Facebook and have never even opened that part of Waze.
Tampa, FL area, AM Level 4
Trakr

Postby devaudio » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Running: iOS 5.1.1, Jailbroken, iPhone 4

I have had it crash every since 3.5, and i reverted to older versions. 3.5.1 comes out, I try it, and fine that 3.5.1 did not resolve my crash issues. However, reading through the crash logs, i was able to see what was actually making it crash all the time: the cydia add-on AllPlay. The Key for me was seeing this in the log:
Code: Select all
NSInvalidArgumentExceptionj-[MPMoviePlayerControllerNew setAllowsWirelessPlayback:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0xf0639e02

After removing AllPlay from my device, waze works perfectly
devaudio

Postby tomeddie78 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 pm

I am using 3.5.1 with an iPhone 4 on 6.0.1:

(I've been using the application for 3 yrs and this is my first major issue)...

When I launch the application it finds my current location. I select navigate and we're off to the races. Sometime within the first mile or so it loses the GPS signal and my current location stops updating, then the little status bar across the top of the application comes up and says "No GPS...." (something about not being able to find the signal. Eventually it finds the signal again after I've traveled 5 or 6 miles, updates the map, and then looses the signal again. This repeats over and over.

I've uninstalled Waze, rebooted, reinstalled. Turned location services off and then back on. Nothing seems to fix this problem. (It only started happening with whatever update added in all the ETA, facebook integration.) All my other GPS applications work just fine and can get a GPS signal during the time that Waze says that it cannot find the signal.
tomeddie78

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App