iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby dlangille » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Tonight I upgraded my phone. Old = iPhone 4. New = iPhone 5

Prior to activating the new phone, I did backed up to both iCloud and to my laptop (via iTunes).

History came over fine. I'm impressed. I didn't expect that. Thanks.

When activating Waze for the first time on the new phone, it asked about favorites. I said yes. I'm not sure if the question was 'restore' or 'copy'. But what I have is an old set of favorites. They are from September or so.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the favorites in the old phone over to the new phone?
--
Dan Langille
Area Manager - Warrington, PA
dlangille

Postby pogglywoggly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Been working pretty great for me. The only thing I'd really like to see is a setting to enable/disable the ios status bar in app. It would be nice to use it for extra screen space and less distraction. Tomtom has this feature and I couldn't imagine it would be very much difficulty to incorporate?
pogglywoggly

Postby Ruby799 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 am

Proximity sensor blanks Waze screen

When I move my hand near the ear piece on my iPhone4 to select an option in that part of the screen or even to just reposition the phone in my hand, the whole Waze screen goes blank. I'm assuming that Waze turns on the proximity sensor for some reason, but it's disconcerting to have the screen go blank all the time.
Ruby799

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 am

You can turn off the proximity sensor in the voice recognition options.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 am

jasonh300 wrote:You can turn off the proximity sensor in the voice recognition options.

To be clearererer: turning off voice commands will not stop the blanking, but turning the feature to 3-finger tap only will do it.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dlangille » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 pm

dlangille wrote:Tonight I upgraded my phone. Old = iPhone 4. New = iPhone 5

Prior to activating the new phone, I did backed up to both iCloud and to my laptop (via iTunes).

History came over fine. I'm impressed. I didn't expect that. Thanks.

When activating Waze for the first time on the new phone, it asked about favorites. I said yes. I'm not sure if the question was 'restore' or 'copy'. But what I have is an old set of favorites. They are from September or so.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the favorites in the old phone over to the new phone?

Known problem with 'new' install: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33631&p=308827#p308827
--
Dan Langille
Area Manager - Warrington, PA
dlangille

Postby davipt » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:24 am

Here's yet another set of possible issues:

1. on my iOS local waze log files (postmortem) I have the following line, average one per second, but with periods of dozens per second, and periods of one per some seconds, filling up megabytes of disk space:
[11:01:53 Error] (sprite) no image found for small_yellow_arrow [poi.c:534 (poi_display)]

iDavi:2012.12.07.11.03 bruno$ dir
total 16704
-rw-r--r-- 1 bruno staff 6970538 Dec 7 11:03 archive_postmortem
-rw-r--r-- 1 bruno staff 1577536 Dec 7 11:03 postmortem
iDavi:2012.12.07.11.03 bruno$ wc -l *
76206 archive_postmortem
17166 postmortem
93372 total
iDavi:2012.12.07.11.03 bruno$ grep 'no image found for small_yellow_arrow' * | wc -l
iDavi:2012.12.07.11.03 bruno$ grep -v 'no image found for small_yellow_arrow' * | wc -l

2. sometimes I loose the ability of getting the map scrolling with the car. Pressing the icon on the left side to center on my position does nothing, no scroll, no zoom back to my position. Need to restart the app to solve it. Sometimes it even switches to 2D. I can't yet relate if it's when a popup appears or something, but I do have these lines on the logs right before I restarted the client:

[10:22:52 Warning] Canvas module 3D is not ready!!! Can not call OGL functions! [canvas3d.c:347 (canvas3_ogl_updateScale)]
[10:23:31 Error] RemoveAlert() - Failed (List is empty). ID 185691169 not found [RealtimeAlerts.c:1063 (RTAlerts_Remove)]
*** Starting at 07/12/2012 10:23 ***

PS: this may be related to me changing the file "user:Map.Show top bar on tap: yes", which I turned off again, but "user:Map Icons.Show on screen on tap: yes" is correctly working (tap on map shows and hides the center/north/zoom in/zoom out icons correctly)

3. I'm pumping the waze voice instructions via bluetooth to my volkswagen based radio (no music from the iPhone though), and after I receive or make a call, waze stops giving me voice instructions.
I can only see these relevant lines on the logs. between 20:27 and 20:29 there was the voice call.

[20:27:50 Warning] WST::OnHTTPAck() - Succeeded [websvc_trans.c:1106 (OnHTTPAck)]
[20:29:22 Warning] OPENEARSLOGGING: The Audio Session was interrupted. [AudioSessionManager.m:519 (audioSessionInterruptionListener)]
[20:29:44 Warning] Sound play failed 'play' command [sound.m:324 (play_file)]
[20:29:45 Warning] OPENEARSLOGGING: The Audio Session was interrupted. [AudioSessionManager.m:519 (audioSessionInterruptionListener)]
[20:29:48 Warning] Freeing all canvas tiles [canvas_tile.c:1785 (canvas_tile_free_all)]
[20:30:40 Warning] OPENEARSLOGGING: The Audio Session interruption is over. [AudioSessionManager.m:530 (audioSessionInterruptionListener)

I've also sent my logs via client. case 1 happened a lot yesterday between 20h and 21h19 and this morning between 10h and 11h. Case 3 happened yesterday around 20h29 and 20h43.
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Notifications too far in advance

Postby jkuruppu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm

i'm not sure if it was an upgrade with 3.5.1 specifically, or before that, but in the last month or two i notice that the warnings of upcoming accidents, police, speed traps, etc are way too far away - they seem to be triggering at about 1200 feet, and then a large part of the map showing where i want to go NOW is obscured by the bubble about the incident. was this purposeful? it makes it hard to correct the notification or say "Thanks", since i need to see where i'm going to turn off.
jkuruppu

Re: Notifications too far in advance

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm

jkuruppu wrote:i'm not sure if it was an upgrade with 3.5.1 specifically, or before that, but in the last month or two i notice that the warnings of upcoming accidents, police, speed traps, etc are way too far away

The bug is currently alerting in meters instead of feet.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AggieJM » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 am

I've noticed a few issues on 3.5.1:

1) Auto Day/Night switch isn't working. I drove Saturday for a couple of hours after dark and it never switched. I finally had to manually switch to night mode so it would stop blinding me.

2) When I pick a location from favorites, the mileage and/or trip time and randomly way off in the summary screen that appears first. For example, sometimes it will show 5 miles for a trip that is closer to 20 miles. Or it may show a 10 minute ETA for a 30 mile trip. When the actual navigation starts, both the mileage and time are correct.

3) I've noticed a lot more crashes. Each time, I have uploaded logs to Waze. They're not repeatable, but it usually just freezes the app till it shuts down. Then when I restart, it crashes. Then I restart again and I'm prompted to send logs.

4) I've noticed some odd behavior around the route that is automatically selected. On some longer routes it will select a route that is both longer and slower than the alternates. I posted a topic about this, but didn't get any replies yet. It's not a small difference in some cases. The example I posted the other night was a difference of 30 miles and 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
AT&T iPhone 5s iOS 9.0.2
Waze 3.9.6.1 (Crown, AM)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App