iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:43 pm

br11183 wrote:Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time.

Known issue that has been fixed already in the beta versions (and soon in the official version as well).
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby pfloyd2371 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Just updated this morning. Looks stable enough for my liking.
iPhone 4S w/iOS 6.0.1 (AT&T) | Waze 3.5.0.0 | USB connection to JVC car stereo
pfloyd2371

Postby PhantomSoul » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Is anyone else with a USB connector (Dock Connector) in your car stereo noticing really low voice prompt volume when your iPhone is playing music in your car over USB (Dock Connector)? Voice prompt volume seems to be fine over all other channels, including phone speaker, line (headphone), and Bluetooth. The reason I'm suspecting this as a Waze issue (vs iPhone or my car) is because all other audio coming from my phone, including iPod music or sounds from any other app sound normal, while the voice prompts from Waze are so low you can barely hear them.

Compounding the frustration of this problem is that iPhone does not provide a volume adjustment (and actually disables any volume adjustments otherwise available) when using Dock Connector (USB).
Wazing the Garden State... one jughandle at a time.
AM: New York City; New Jersey
AT&T iPhone 5 / iOS 7.1.1 / Waze 3.7.8
PhantomSoul
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby pogglywoggly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Been working pretty great for me. The only thing I'd really like to see is a setting to enable/disable the ios status bar in app. It would be nice to use it for extra screen space and less distraction. Tomtom has this feature and I couldn't imagine it would be very much difficulty to incorporate?
pogglywoggly

Postby pthomet » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 am

3.5 and 3.5.1 crash constantly at startup, I know this has been reported before, but I love waze and I need it. I submitted several reports.
Details :
iPhone 4S
6Go free
iOS 6 latest upgrade (did not work before the upgrade either)
Uninstall/reboot/reinstall won't fix it
Disabling/enabling Bluetooth/wifi, connecting to USB won't fix it
The app sometimes will start (once every 50 startups or so...)
pthomet

Postby pthomet » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:25 pm

I still do experience the startup crash, and it is 100% reproductible (iPhone 4S, not jailbroken, 6Go free, latest iOs, nothing fancy installed).
I feel abandoned as this bug is still ongoing since 2 weeks.

Do the waze developers consult this thread? If so, I have one question, as it seems that the bug is not happening on all iPhones : can you reproduce the problem in house, or are you looking for a phone on which the problem would be reproducible?
pthomet

Postby pthomet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 am

A message for the wazers who are still having the startup bug. I may have found a (tedious) way to solve it.

I own an iPhone 4S, latest iOS version, no jailbreak, and waze did not launch at all (and no crash logs were present after a sync with iTunes...)

So I began to suspect there might be an actual problem in my iPhone, and the steps below were enough the get waze back to working condition:
Here is what I did :
- Backup the iPhone (connect the iPhone to iTunes, right-click on the device, and make a backup). It is wise to sync the songs & apps before doing that.
- Total wipeout of the iPhone (inside iTunes, select "Restore"). This restores the device to factory settings, and erases all the memory (!)
- Restore the iPhone from the backup

This process takes about one hour (and there is a risk of losing data), but it did solve the problem and now waze runs fine !

Hoping this will help other wazers.
pthomet

Postby pthomet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 am

bz2012 wrote:
pthomet wrote:A message for the wazers who are still having the startup bug. I may have found a (tedious) way to solve it.

I just found a simpler way. REBOOT the phone.
Turn the phone off (hold down the power button until it says 'slide to turn off' on the screen.

After it finishes powering down, turn it back on!

When mine came back up after the reboot, it worked fine!

I had tried to reboot the phone several times before that, and it was not enough on my phone.
pthomet

Postby pvaladares » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

The UR layout is totally screwed in the reports menu in iPad device.
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 am

davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:When Waze cannot contact the server to get the TTS instructions, it falls back to pre-recorded announcements. I've seen some posts from people who have received instructions in other languages, too.

The client can't play sentences that haven't been actively selected and downloaded, so the question is what is the language that is used as a fallback when there is no internet for the TTS - the last selected one? the default one for the country? a random one? the first on the downloaded folder list? What I mean is that the client surely won't start speaking Spanish if the user never picked up Spanish as the voice language ;)

Look at 'default voice' in the preference file.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App