These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by bz2012
davipt wrote: bz2012 are you sure you can open websites, both http and https, and can use other services like the email client via IMAP? Aren't you behind some limited access APN from ATT, WAP style with a WapGW (http proxy) allowing only HTTP?
Yes, reasonably sure. Trying a 'reboot' on my iphone.

REBOOTING (turning off and back on) seems to have FIXED the problem!!!!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
pthomet wrote:A message for the wazers who are still having the startup bug. I may have found a (tedious) way to solve it.

I own an iPhone 4S, latest iOS version, no jailbreak, and waze did not launch at all (and no crash logs were present after a sync with iTunes...)

So I began to suspect there might be an actual problem in my iPhone, and the steps below were enough the get waze back to working condition:
Here is what I did :
- Backup the iPhone (connect the iPhone to iTunes, right-click on the device, and make a backup). It is wise to sync the songs & apps before doing that.
- Total wipeout of the iPhone (inside iTunes, select "Restore"). This restores the device to factory settings, and erases all the memory (!)
- Restore the iPhone from the backup

This process takes about one hour (and there is a risk of losing data), but it did solve the problem and now waze runs fine !

Hoping this will help other wazers.

I just found a simpler way. REBOOT the phone.
Turn the phone off (hold down the power button until it says 'slide to turn off' on the screen.

After it finishes powering down, turn it back on!

When mine came back up after the reboot, it worked fine!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
davipt wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Yes, reasonably sure. Trying a 'reboot' on my iphone.
REBOOTING (turning off and back on) seems to have FIXED the problem!!!!
Next time simply try a airplane on-off, to force a re-registration into the packet switch network and ensure there is a "3G", "E" or "o".
I had a '3G' connection showing on the top edge of the screen when the problem was occurring and I turned off my WiFi. When I turn on the WiFi, the bars replace the 3G. I didn't notice, while driving, but I suspect the 3G was on then.

EDIT: Just did a 'test drive' and voice messages are back to normal also.
(I kind of miss the 'sweet voice' of the substitute lady that was just telling me to turn right and left, but glad to have street names back. It is also interesting that there seems to be some 'default map' storage that let me drive around my home area without it getting me lost.)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by calli84
Good evening dear Wazers

Maybe it's only a problem on my Iphone but today in the morning as I drove to my office the announcement switched completly to the minimal version. After a few kilometers the full TTT was availible. But before this I had never changed this in option menu.

Is there a bug in the iOS version?

And as I wanted to drive back home the TTT announcement had a nice and funny vocabulary. If you reach the destination the Waze-assistent (in Germany it's called "Steffi" for the female voice) says "you arriving you destination" ... in the German way of speech. :lol:

Since today if you reach the 200 meter before the turn or something else the assistent say "in two hundred meter biegen Sie links in die blablabla Straße ab" (also "in 200 m turn left into street blablabla").

How is it in the other languages? Or do I have a problem with my mobile phone?

Greetings
Calli

(sorry for my bad English)
calli84
Send a message
https://www.vomstammtisch.de/images/waze_calli.png
Area Manager: Germany / North RP • client on phone: waze 3.5.1.0 on iOS 6.0.1

Post by CKyle86
I have been using 3.5.1 since the day it came out including over 1000 miles of driving. I've mostly used it while plugging it into a vehicle with both bluetooth and a usb cable. I've received two crashes since updating, which is much better than crashing every time I plugged it in to the vehicle like in 3.5.

My only complaint right now is that about once every 50 - 100 miles while navigating major highways, it will think I left the road for a second. It then makes the "calculating route" noise and asks me to proceed to the highlighted route. It continues to tell me to proceed to highlighted route and makes the calculating route noise about once a minute until I finally reach an intersection or exit. It would be far less annoying if it only made the noise the first time.

I'm using an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1.
CKyle86
Send a message

Post by CKyle86
davipt wrote:Are you by any chance driving through a toll road whilst having the "avoid tolls" enabled?
I have "avoid tolls" disabled, and the problem has never occurred on a toll road. The problem occurred mostly while traveling on I-74 between Champaign, IL and Indianapolis, IN in both east and west directions. It also happened while traveling west somewhere between Ulen, IN and Crawlfordsville, IN on Indiana State Rd 32 (https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-86.62 ... 382&zoom=1).

This area has spotting cell phone reception if that helps.
CKyle86
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Just had the shutdown reboot.

Logs uploaded a moment ago.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Davy_Ray
I installed Waze for the first time last night and i see that it does the same thing. If add a "home" address or anything else from a contact, it find it and adds it. If i come to select it afterwards to navigate there it comes up with that error. If i erase my "home" and enter the address instead of searching for the contact details from my phone book it works fine.

imajica12345
Davy_Ray
Send a message

Post by devaudio
Running: iOS 5.1.1, Jailbroken, iPhone 4

I have had it crash every since 3.5, and i reverted to older versions. 3.5.1 comes out, I try it, and fine that 3.5.1 did not resolve my crash issues. However, reading through the crash logs, i was able to see what was actually making it crash all the time: the cydia add-on AllPlay. The Key for me was seeing this in the log:

Code: Select all

NSInvalidArgumentExceptionj-[MPMoviePlayerControllerNew setAllowsWirelessPlayback:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0xf0639e02
After removing AllPlay from my device, waze works perfectly
devaudio
Send a message

Post by devaudio
3.5: Safe Mode Did not work
3.5.1: I didn't try safe mode, i was jonesing to use the new version, so i just ssh'd in, looked at logs, did some googling for that error, and removed allplay

Lemme add it back and see if it works in safe mode for 3.5.1, i'll let you know
devaudio
Send a message