These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Post by perlin
Fix version is now live on Appstore.
Lots of crashes and other bugs has been fixed.

Please share here your feedback about this version and whether the problems you've been experiencing with the previous version are indeed fixed.
perlin

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by perlin
alperny wrote:Can't get any meet-up or 'share drive' functioning to work at all. i can successfully send the email/sms to the other user, but after that nothing works. For example, with the meet up function, my friend will click "send" on the map to send his location to me, and then it will say "waiting for alperny to start driving" but then it never updates. even though i AM driving. it also does not send me their location at all. very often the map will also go away and instead it will say that i have cancelled the request, even though i haven't. I was really looking forward to using this feature, so i hope it is fixed soon...
We are experiencing a few issues with this feature. Working in solving them. Thanks for reporting.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
alex_pe wrote:Well, i updated my waze (i use ios 5.1.1 and a Iphone 4) and still having problems to use it. Everytime i start the app it crashes and freezes and doesn´t matter what i´m doing on it. Where do i send this log to?
Thanks,
Alex
You can send to beta@waze.com or simply through the app (help > send logs)
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
chrishemsworth wrote:Still getting the whole 'we have encountered a bug/send log' pop-up on start up
How do you close the app? by using waze's shut-down button or with iPhone's home button?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
ahcheong wrote:actually since v3.5, I always face "searching network" in waze client for iOS.

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1.

Please advice.
Please send logs.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
seriousarsonist wrote:Still getting the error after opening the app, log submitted as per usual...
How exactly do you close the app? Not from the shut-down button?
perlin
Send a message

Post by pasthom
bz2012 wrote:
pthomet wrote:A message for the wazers who are still having the startup bug. I may have found a (tedious) way to solve it.

I just found a simpler way. REBOOT the phone.
Turn the phone off (hold down the power button until it says 'slide to turn off' on the screen.

After it finishes powering down, turn it back on!

When mine came back up after the reboot, it worked fine!

I had tried to reboot the phone several times before that, and it was not enough on my phone.
pasthom
Send a message

Post by pasthom
A message for the wazers who are still having the startup bug. I may have found a (tedious) way to solve it.

I own an iPhone 4S, latest iOS version, no jailbreak, and waze did not launch at all (and no crash logs were present after a sync with iTunes...)

So I began to suspect there might be an actual problem in my iPhone, and the steps below were enough the get waze back to working condition:
Here is what I did :
- Backup the iPhone (connect the iPhone to iTunes, right-click on the device, and make a backup). It is wise to sync the songs & apps before doing that.
- Total wipeout of the iPhone (inside iTunes, select "Restore"). This restores the device to factory settings, and erases all the memory (!)
- Restore the iPhone from the backup

This process takes about one hour (and there is a risk of losing data), but it did solve the problem and now waze runs fine !

Hoping this will help other wazers.
pasthom
Send a message

Post by pasthom
I still do experience the startup crash, and it is 100% reproductible (iPhone 4S, not jailbroken, 6Go free, latest iOs, nothing fancy installed).
I feel abandoned as this bug is still ongoing since 2 weeks.

Do the waze developers consult this thread? If so, I have one question, as it seems that the bug is not happening on all iPhones : can you reproduce the problem in house, or are you looking for a phone on which the problem would be reproducible?
pasthom
Send a message

Post by pasthom
3.5 and 3.5.1 crash constantly at startup, I know this has been reported before, but I love waze and I need it. I submitted several reports.
Details :
iPhone 4S
6Go free
iOS 6 latest upgrade (did not work before the upgrade either)
Uninstall/reboot/reinstall won't fix it
Disabling/enabling Bluetooth/wifi, connecting to USB won't fix it
The app sometimes will start (once every 50 startups or so...)
pasthom
Send a message