Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Post by
Fix version is now live on Appstore.
Lots of crashes and other bugs has been fixed.

Please share here your feedback about this version and whether the problems you've been experiencing with the previous version are indeed fixed.

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by AggieJM
I've noticed a few issues on 3.5.1:

1) Auto Day/Night switch isn't working. I drove Saturday for a couple of hours after dark and it never switched. I finally had to manually switch to night mode so it would stop blinding me.

2) When I pick a location from favorites, the mileage and/or trip time and randomly way off in the summary screen that appears first. For example, sometimes it will show 5 miles for a trip that is closer to 20 miles. Or it may show a 10 minute ETA for a 30 mile trip. When the actual navigation starts, both the mileage and time are correct.

3) I've noticed a lot more crashes. Each time, I have uploaded logs to Waze. They're not repeatable, but it usually just freezes the app till it shuts down. Then when I restart, it crashes. Then I restart again and I'm prompted to send logs.

4) I've noticed some odd behavior around the route that is automatically selected. On some longer routes it will select a route that is both longer and slower than the alternates. I posted a topic about this, but didn't get any replies yet. It's not a small difference in some cases. The example I posted the other night was a difference of 30 miles and 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
perlin wrote:
AggieJM wrote:4) I've noticed some odd behavior around the route that is automatically selected. On some longer routes it will select a route that is both longer and slower than the alternates. I posted a topic about this, but didn't get any replies yet. It's not a small difference in some cases. The example I posted the other night was a difference of 30 miles and 30 minutes.

Link to the relevant post?
My mistake, I was posting from my phone last night and forgot the link.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34096

I'll get the logs and screenshots for the other items as soon as I can recreate them.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
One other item I noticed was that the "cookie eating" behavior was a little erratic.

I was in an area on Saturday night that had quite a few unmunched roads, so I drove a few of them because I needed some details to make map updates. I noticed that when I would reach a section where the cookies displayed, the icon on the map wouldn't change and the cookies would stay behind. After I had driven a short distance, then it would start munching and quickly stop and show that I posted 1 point. On some really long sections, it would restart and go for a way, but it would stop again before I reached the end of the section.

I'll try to recreate this in my local area on debug mode, but I'll have to find some roads with cookies left on them.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
perlin wrote:
AggieJM wrote:One other item I noticed was that the "cookie eating" behavior was a little erratic.

I was in an area on Saturday night that had quite a few unmunched roads, so I drove a few of them because I needed some details to make map updates. I noticed that when I would reach a section where the cookies displayed, the icon on the map wouldn't change and the cookies would stay behind. After I had driven a short distance, then it would start munching and quickly stop and show that I posted 1 point. On some really long sections, it would restart and go for a way, but it would stop again before I reached the end of the section.

I'll try to recreate this in my local area on debug mode, but I'll have to find some roads with cookies left on them.
If you succeed to recreate the problem, please send the debug logs and mention the date & time of the drive.
Will do. Just to confirm, I only need to send the logs from within the application, correct? Or is there another process for submitting them? Just want to make sure I'm getting the info to you in the right format.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
perlin wrote:
AggieJM wrote:1) Auto Day/Night switch isn't working. I drove Saturday for a couple of hours after dark and it never switched. I finally had to manually switch to night mode so it would stop blinding me.
Can you send logs that contain such a drive? Please mention the date and approximate hour of the drive, after you send.
I was able to recreate this tonight. I started a trip at 3:30p CT in the daylight and Waze was on Auto mode. My trip ended at 8pm CT, about 2 hours after dark. Waze stayed on day mode the entire time and never switched to night. After reaching my destination, I shut down Waze and started a new trip around 8:30p CT. When Waze launched, it went automatically to night mode. It seems to keep the setting that it launched in and won't switch unless Waze is shut down and restarted.

Debug logs were submitted for this trip. I also had a number of instances of the "Proceed to highlighted route" message on this same trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
I was able to recreate the issue of day/night not automatically switching unless you switch off Waze and restart.

I also ran across a new issue with the "Add a Stop" functionality with respect to the mileage and time. I also had some issues with auto-zoom turning off automatically and not putting the focus on the current position. I have a new thread open here:

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36100

I submitted debug logs for all of these issues over the weekend.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
br11183 wrote:Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time. I have even gone into the Debug feature and submitted logs that way too, to see if the issue will be resolved or resolve it self. Is this a common occurrence with this version or is it just me? Also to be noted, I have an unjailbroken iPhone 4S with the most recent version of iOS and Waze. I have also reset my phone and restored it since I started having this issue.
Are you using Wifi when you start? I've noticed some occasions where I will start Waze in my driveway and my phone will still have a weak lock to my Wifi network. Then as I leave, it has to switch over to the cellular network. If it's finding a route or a destination when this happens, it will crash the app.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ahcheong
actually since v3.5, I always face "searching network" in waze client for iOS.

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1.

Please advice.

p/s: I realize that is "searching network" prompt out, the route will not appear in my drives in WME.
ahcheong
Send a message

Post by ahcheong
perlin wrote:
ahcheong wrote:actually since v3.5, I always face "searching network" in waze client for iOS.

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1.

Please advice.
Please send logs.
Log sent.
ahcheong
Send a message

Post by ahcheong
Waze 3.5.1 on iOS 6.0.1..

a lots of drives don't appear in WME..

p/s: no show searching network in waze client for the disappear drive
ahcheong
Send a message