Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by devaudio
devaudio wrote:3.5: Safe Mode Did not work
3.5.1: I didn't try safe mode, i was jonesing to use the new version, so i just ssh'd in, looked at logs, did some googling for that error, and removed allplay

Lemme add it back and see if it works in safe mode for 3.5.1, i'll let you know
So - re-installing AllPlay afterwards made it so waze works fine, and AllPlay works fine.

I removed both, then installed Allplay, then Waze -- Crash, but it worked in Safe mode.
Removing AllPlay, starting waze, then installing allplay - everything (appears to be) happy
devaudio
Send a message

Post by dlangille
Tonight I upgraded my phone. Old = iPhone 4. New = iPhone 5

Prior to activating the new phone, I did backed up to both iCloud and to my laptop (via iTunes).

History came over fine. I'm impressed. I didn't expect that. Thanks.

When activating Waze for the first time on the new phone, it asked about favorites. I said yes. I'm not sure if the question was 'restore' or 'copy'. But what I have is an old set of favorites. They are from September or so.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the favorites in the old phone over to the new phone?
dlangille
Send a message
--
Dan Langille
Area Manager - Warrington, PA

Post by dlangille
dlangille wrote:Tonight I upgraded my phone. Old = iPhone 4. New = iPhone 5

Prior to activating the new phone, I did backed up to both iCloud and to my laptop (via iTunes).

History came over fine. I'm impressed. I didn't expect that. Thanks.

When activating Waze for the first time on the new phone, it asked about favorites. I said yes. I'm not sure if the question was 'restore' or 'copy'. But what I have is an old set of favorites. They are from September or so.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the favorites in the old phone over to the new phone?
Known problem with 'new' install: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 27#p308827
dlangille
Send a message
--
Dan Langille
Area Manager - Warrington, PA

Post by donjakobo
perlin wrote:
seriousarsonist wrote:Still getting the error after opening the app, log submitted as per usual...
How exactly do you close the app? Not from the shut-down button?
I also get this, I exit the app by hitting the HOME button, and just double tap home and [X] to close (force close?). Is there an in app 'exit' button? Is this the issue? I have never had this with any other app. I constantly get OLD navigation popping up "resume work drive?" upon getting ready to drive home. Constant "crash on load" w "submit log" popup.
donjakobo
Send a message

Post by eduardobust
Still think that the pop-up notifications (like radar alert) should be shortened few pixels (wide), as it stays right in front of your route when driving! Maybe the solution would be making it more like a square on the right side (instead of occuping the half upper side of nav screen).

Love Waze!

EBMR
eduardobust
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Some of us hardly do it during the day either :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Bars is signal level. It has nothing to do with the actual data speed. For Waze to work correctly you have to be using 3G (HSDPA), EDGE and GPRS simply won't cut it, they're not quick enough to provide a constant data stream.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Suggestion: hybrid option a la TomTom?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Are you actually using the beta? Even the AppStore version doesn't show the old Full Minimal None...

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
They're the small ones quite high up at traffic lights right?

floppyrod84
Send a message