Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
davipt wrote:
perlin wrote:
davipt wrote:Ahhhhhhhh. Because this doesn't happen every day - but then on the day it happens, it happens a lot - and as there was no client update in the meantime, I've been looking like crazy at the logs trying to find out if there was anything unrelated that could be causing it - network connectivity, lost gps, any setting I could have wrongly tweaked manually, but nothing made sense besides the logs lines of switching from 3D to 2D failing. Ok I'll wait for the next version then. Thanks!
Unfortunately it won't be fixed for the next version, but for the one after that.
That's bad, as it forces me constantly to stop and restart the client. Is there any mitigation in the meantime to avoid it besides not opening the alternatives map view? I've tried to set the map to 2D by default but it doesn't seem to help. :(((
Is your auto-zoom set to non (no auto zoom)? If so, change it to "According to speed" or "According to distance" and the problem won't occur.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AggieJM wrote:
perlin wrote:
AggieJM wrote:One other item I noticed was that the "cookie eating" behavior was a little erratic.

I was in an area on Saturday night that had quite a few unmunched roads, so I drove a few of them because I needed some details to make map updates. I noticed that when I would reach a section where the cookies displayed, the icon on the map wouldn't change and the cookies would stay behind. After I had driven a short distance, then it would start munching and quickly stop and show that I posted 1 point. On some really long sections, it would restart and go for a way, but it would stop again before I reached the end of the section.

I'll try to recreate this in my local area on debug mode, but I'll have to find some roads with cookies left on them.
If you succeed to recreate the problem, please send the debug logs and mention the date & time of the drive.
Will do. Just to confirm, I only need to send the logs from within the application, correct?
Yes.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
McCracken808 wrote:I would ask that Waze check it's ETA calculations. I regularly drive a route that takes me 1.5 - 2 hours with traffic. When I start the route, Waze gives me an ETA of 30-35 mins. It's wrong everytime.
What are the origin and destination points of the route?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
WeeeZer14 wrote:
ahcheong wrote:May I know why the map updated, but the paved route (red line) still appear in waze client?

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1

Please advice.
It has been this way for a very long time (or forever). You can think of it as a bug OR a feature -- it lets you verify that the roads ended up where you recorded them ;)
Red paved roads will disappear from the client after some time, regardless of map update process. Usually after an upgrade or a clean installation.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
perlin wrote:Red paved roads will disappear from the client after some time, regardless of map update process. Usually after an upgrade or a clean installation.
This should be fixed. In previous versions, they disappeared from the app once they were visible in the editor as a newly recorded road.
We will fix it, hopefully for the next release.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
br11183 wrote:Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time.
Known issue that has been fixed already in the beta versions (and soon in the official version as well).
perlin
Send a message

Post by pfloyd2371
Just updated this morning. Looks stable enough for my liking.
pfloyd2371
Send a message
iPhone 4S w/iOS 6.0.1 (AT&T) | Waze 3.5.0.0 | USB connection to JVC car stereo

Post by PhantomSoul
Is anyone else with a USB connector (Dock Connector) in your car stereo noticing really low voice prompt volume when your iPhone is playing music in your car over USB (Dock Connector)? Voice prompt volume seems to be fine over all other channels, including phone speaker, line (headphone), and Bluetooth. The reason I'm suspecting this as a Waze issue (vs iPhone or my car) is because all other audio coming from my phone, including iPod music or sounds from any other app sound normal, while the voice prompts from Waze are so low you can barely hear them.

Compounding the frustration of this problem is that iPhone does not provide a volume adjustment (and actually disables any volume adjustments otherwise available) when using Dock Connector (USB).
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by pogglywoggly
Been working pretty great for me. The only thing I'd really like to see is a setting to enable/disable the ios status bar in app. It would be nice to use it for extra screen space and less distraction. Tomtom has this feature and I couldn't imagine it would be very much difficulty to incorporate?
pogglywoggly
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
The UR layout is totally screwed in the reports menu in iPad device.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message