Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
When Waze cannot contact the server to get the TTS instructions, it falls back to pre-recorded announcements. I've seen some posts from people who have received instructions in other languages, too.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
perlin wrote:Red paved roads will disappear from the client after some time, regardless of map update process. Usually after an upgrade or a clean installation.
This should be fixed. In previous versions, they disappeared from the app once they were visible in the editor as a newly recorded road.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Spazinbc wrote:The simple and free solution is for users to be able to add the speed limit (with a disclaimer or caveat) just like they add red light cameras.
Yeah, absolutely please no. I delete dozens of improperly added cameras every freaking day. I'd bet >50% of drivers have no idea what a red light camera looks like.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
br11183 wrote:Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time.
Do you stop Waze using the switch off button in the main menu?

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by alex_pe
Well, i updated my waze (i use ios 5.1.1 and a Iphone 4) and still having problems to use it. Everytime i start the app it crashes and freezes and doesn´t matter what i´m doing on it. Where do i send this log to?
Thanks,
Alex
alex_pe
Send a message

Post by alperny
Can't get any meet-up or 'share drive' functioning to work at all. i can successfully send the email/sms to the other user, but after that nothing works. For example, with the meet up function, my friend will click "send" on the map to send his location to me, and then it will say "waiting for alperny to start driving" but then it never updates. even though i AM driving. it also does not send me their location at all. very often the map will also go away and instead it will say that i have cancelled the request, even though i haven't. I was really looking forward to using this feature, so i hope it is fixed soon...
alperny
Send a message

Post by br11183
Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time. I have even gone into the Debug feature and submitted logs that way too, to see if the issue will be resolved or resolve it self. Is this a common occurrence with this version or is it just me? Also to be noted, I have an unjailbroken iPhone 4S with the most recent version of iOS and Waze. I have also reset my phone and restored it since I started having this issue.

Additionally, I should have had "First report of a map problem" bonus points over a year ago probably as I have reported (and edited/corrected) multiple issues over time. Any thoughts as to what I have done wrong to not receive them yet?

Thanks for any assistance or info that you can share!
Happy New Year!
B.R.
br11183
Send a message

Post by bz2012
ahcheong wrote:always show 'Searching Network' during driving.

while showing 'Searching Network', the route for the driving will not appear in WME.
Same problem here tonight!

All the voice directions 'sounded different' and there were no street names, just turn left, turn right, keep left, keep right.

WAZE would not give an ETA until I was very close to my destination.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
perlin wrote:
bz2012 wrote:
ahcheong wrote:always show 'Searching Network' during driving.

while showing 'Searching Network', the route for the driving will not appear in WME.
Same problem here tonight!

All the voice directions 'sounded different' and there were no street names, just turn left, turn right, keep left, keep right.

WAZE would not give an ETA until I was very close to my destination.
Please send logs in debug mode.
As you requested, I have sent the log.

Log sent at ~1649 cst 1049 gmt.

The drive I just made, starting at ~1530 cst (no routing requested) and the drive home (routing requested) show the same problem that I first notice on Monday at 1545 cst when I drove 10 miles to my job and at ~2200 cst when I drove home.

Voice prompts have changed in voice quality (more realistic voice now).
prompts only tell me how to turn (left/right) not which street to turn on.
Tells me 'in 500 feet' rather than '0.1 mile' .
Other distance prompts may have also changed.

NO STREET NAMES are announced.

WAZE keeps searching for routing information.

WAZE had problems sending the logs until I got by my WiFi router and then the file went quickly. ATT may be having some routing issues to the WAZE routing server, but my cell phone is working ok.

Also sent a PM to perlin. Still in the outbox.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Also sent a PM to perlin. Still in the outbox.
Why is this important? Why is perlin going to Wake up in the middle of the night to check for your PM? :P
Why not? I do sometimes!
Why does the comment imply it is 'important'? I just thought it was interesting and meant that it was probably going to take at least a few more hours before the routing problems that I (and who knows how many others) are having. Heck, perlin could be an id used by a dozen different people. How am I supposed to know that it isn't monitored 24-7?

On another note:
WAZE tells me how many other WAZERS are around but can't connect to something.

I just checked and I CAN get a route when I am sitting at home with my iphone connecting via my WiFi.
I turn off my WiFI and get an Uh-Oh.... and I have plenty of bars from ATT and can get the website, so I have data connectivity.

Looks like I have narrowed the problem down to something between ATT & WAZE routing server!

I just sent the log file.
Hopefully, when perlin wakes up and reads all of this, perlin will have all the clues needed to fix the problem.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message