Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by timesplitter88
perlin wrote:
timesplitter88 wrote:iPhone 5 AT&T
iOS 6.0.1
Waze 3.5.1

When I was using 3.5, the app would crash sporadically, sometimes would claim there was no internet connection when the phone was already getting a signal. 2 days later 3.5.1 is released, i figure this would fix the problem. It in fact made the situation worse.
No matter what i am doing in Waze, the app crashes within a minute or two of being used. I can be navigating, I can just have it open to the map, no matter what, it just crashes and goes back to the springboard.
I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, force closed it from the task manager, rebooted my phone several times... Heck the only thing i havent done is wipe out my phone and start over. This is incredibly frustrating. What bothers me the most is that i showed the app to my girlfriend which has the same setup as mine (except she has verizon), and Waze works 100% fine for her. Now she cant stop using it!

I love the concept of Waze, it would really help me with my commute to my job, i just wish it WORKED on my phone!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

**EDIT: Yes I have already submitted logs and emailed them. I just havent gotten a response yet.
Please send me iOS crash logs. See here "Sending Crash Reports to a Developer":
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... 9-CH10-SW9

Send them to beta@waze.com
Crash reports have been sent! :)
timesplitter88
Send a message

Post by timesplitter88
perlin,

I will be emailing you a significant amount of more crash logs. This morning on my way to work the app only crashed twice... That is better then how its been doing. Then on my way home, 40 minutes into my drive, the app crashed 5-6 times and was not usable anymore. I dont understand it. There isnt a consistent pattern to what is causing this. Sometimes it crashes after 30 seconds, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 5 minutes.

Also I just noticed yesterday that under location services I have had "location based iAds" disabled. Would that affect Waze? After I reenabled them yesterday like i said, the app stability seemed to improve, but now it is acting up again. :(
timesplitter88
Send a message

Post by tomeddie78
I am using 3.5.1 with an iPhone 4 on 6.0.1:

(I've been using the application for 3 yrs and this is my first major issue)...

When I launch the application it finds my current location. I select navigate and we're off to the races. Sometime within the first mile or so it loses the GPS signal and my current location stops updating, then the little status bar across the top of the application comes up and says "No GPS...." (something about not being able to find the signal. Eventually it finds the signal again after I've traveled 5 or 6 miles, updates the map, and then looses the signal again. This repeats over and over.

I've uninstalled Waze, rebooted, reinstalled. Turned location services off and then back on. Nothing seems to fix this problem. (It only started happening with whatever update added in all the ETA, facebook integration.) All my other GPS applications work just fine and can get a GPS signal during the time that Waze says that it cannot find the signal.
tomeddie78
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
Made a trip of about 160km, it worked flawlessly. However, it was nt connected to my radio since the lightning adaptor was in the mail. I can test for the crashes with audio connection today.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
sven-gross wrote:Can you make WAZE louder? I think it´s much too low.
Other Navigation-Apps (e.g. Navigon) are much louder.

IPhone 3GS with OS 6.1
That's a special issue for german-speaking users. The german TTS-voice is much quieter than the english version. Since it's not possible to turn TTS off in the current release, there is no option to get the louder non-TTS-voice back.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Trakr
Using an iPhone 4 5.1.1 and just loaded 3.5.1. Now I get no RLC warning.
It did fix the problem of not being able to select 'Minimal' for Navigation guidance though.

I am getting alot of 'Uh-Oh' windows though when starting the app that close and then it seems like everything is working fine. I always use 'Switch Off' in Waze when not using it.
Trakr
Send a message
Tampa, FL area, AM Level 4

Post by Trakr
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: It's been posted that perhaps Facebook friends setting may be causing this issue
Update: I am not using Facebook and have never even opened that part of Waze.
Trakr
Send a message
Tampa, FL area, AM Level 4

Post by WeeeZer14
ahcheong wrote:May I know why the map updated, but the paved route (red line) still appear in waze client?

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1

Please advice.
It has been this way for a very long time (or forever). You can think of it as a bug OR a feature -- it lets you verify that the roads ended up where you recorded them ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by world_esuepjxo
I updated the maps and it told that it need a week to get pushed to my iphone, but, after a week or so it didnt showed up. i did a tremendous effort updating the maps, at least to navigate me from my home to the in-laws, since i found the traffic reporting is pretty accurate, but, it keep routing me to the far end of the city (okay, i made that up) since the "U-Turn" i created didnt showed in my map.

Any steps that i missed, should i wait another week, or should i start calling for help?

as well, i noticed that i can logged into 3 different wazes, the world, US, and Israelis. Each time i logged into one of them i get a different result in My Dashboard, so i stick with the "world" one since it has some activities. So, is there any correlation between these types of wazes with the waze in my iphone? any possibility that my iPhone's waze is connected to either US or Israelis?
world_esuepjxo
Send a message

Post by YoYoPro15
I fixed my Uh-Oh error message on startup. It seems that Waze was attempting to access my "Custom Friends" list through Facebook. After selecting "Allow None" and relaunching the application, I do not get the uh-oh message anymore on startup. Only error I had as everything else is working flawless. Hope this helps!
YoYoPro15
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Area Manager: Florida - Palm Beach
55,000+ Edits
iPhone 6 Plus (AT&T GSM) 64GB - iOS 9.2
Waze 4.0.1.1