Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
JohnDoe75 wrote:I too have 2 diffrent logos. They look nice this time but not the same size, the second one bigger.
Why do we need 2 logos ? Bug ?
Yes, this is a bug and we'll fix it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
ahcheong wrote:always show 'Searching Network' during driving.

while showing 'Searching Network', the route for the driving will not appear in WME.
Please send logs in debug mode and mention date & approximate tome of such a drive.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
bz2012 wrote:
ahcheong wrote:always show 'Searching Network' during driving.

while showing 'Searching Network', the route for the driving will not appear in WME.
Same problem here tonight!

All the voice directions 'sounded different' and there were no street names, just turn left, turn right, keep left, keep right.

WAZE would not give an ETA until I was very close to my destination.
Please send logs in debug mode.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
mchaves wrote:Not able to enter gas prices is the main issue for me (as reported on another thread). iPhone 4S, IOS 6.0.1, brazilian portuguese.
Please send logs and mention date & approximate time you failed to update prices.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
ahcheong wrote:How to send log in debug mode?
Type 2##2 in the search bar and hit search.
Then reproduce the problem and go to Help > Send logs.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
McCracken808 wrote:
mdorais wrote:I'm getting the error on startup too. I've deleted the app until this gets fixed. It's too distracting when I drive. Why is it taking at least a month to fix this?
I've always shut down by selecting the menu button "Switch Off". The last two times I used Waze, I used the verbal command "Switch Off". I've gotten the "Uh-Oh" message both times upon restart. Logs sent.
Shutting down waze not through the app itself but through the task manager (double-tapping the home button) - will result in an error message upon restarting it ("Uh-Oh"). We are aware of this bug and will fix it, but in the meantime, to avoid this annoying message, just close waze with the shut-down button.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AggieJM wrote:1) Auto Day/Night switch isn't working. I drove Saturday for a couple of hours after dark and it never switched. I finally had to manually switch to night mode so it would stop blinding me.
Can you send logs that contain such a drive? Please mention the date and approximate hour of the drive, after you send.
AggieJM wrote:2) When I pick a location from favorites, the mileage and/or trip time and randomly way off in the summary screen that appears first. For example, sometimes it will show 5 miles for a trip that is closer to 20 miles. Or it may show a 10 minute ETA for a 30 mile trip. When the actual navigation starts, both the mileage and time are correct.
Please provide a screenshot and logs (if it happens again).
AggieJM wrote:4) I've noticed some odd behavior around the route that is automatically selected. On some longer routes it will select a route that is both longer and slower than the alternates. I posted a topic about this, but didn't get any replies yet. It's not a small difference in some cases. The example I posted the other night was a difference of 30 miles and 30 minutes.

Link to the relevant post?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AggieJM wrote:One other item I noticed was that the "cookie eating" behavior was a little erratic.

I was in an area on Saturday night that had quite a few unmunched roads, so I drove a few of them because I needed some details to make map updates. I noticed that when I would reach a section where the cookies displayed, the icon on the map wouldn't change and the cookies would stay behind. After I had driven a short distance, then it would start munching and quickly stop and show that I posted 1 point. On some really long sections, it would restart and go for a way, but it would stop again before I reached the end of the section.

I'll try to recreate this in my local area on debug mode, but I'll have to find some roads with cookies left on them.
If you succeed to recreate the problem, please send the debug logs and mention the date & time of the drive.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
davipt wrote:OK guys today I've spent 10 minutes before leaving the parking lot, going crazy with a certain bug I've reported before, but now at home I've double checked that it has to be a real bug and not something I haven't touched on the preferences file on my iPhone.

The symptoms is that the map stops panning to follow the current position. Or in other words, if I press the "target" icon on the left side (when the right shows the north, zoom in and zoom out ones), nothing happens, the map doesn't scroll to my position.

There are two things I notice that are surely related to this, but I can't directly relate the behavior to the end result
- sometimes the alternatives map was on 3D or rotated 2D, and sometimes the regular map switches automatically to 2D
- there was a lot more "looking for internet connection" messages over that period that should be, and I was surely with connection at the time

I've sent my logs right now (it's Dez 13 00:53 GMT) and tomorrow I'll have a look at them myself.
Right now I've started my client fresh, clicked on "navigate work", clicked on alternatives, map, the alternatives map was this time on 2D straight north as usual, select route, and then my regular map was switched back to 2D, centered in a place nearby but not even nearby the path of the route, and I can't center the map over my position. I can zoom in and out, point north, rotate, etc, but the left button does nothing. Right now it's possible I have no GPS fix as I'm at home, but this afternoon, during those 10 minutes, I was surely GPS active because my car was showing at the exact point when the client starts. (the self-centering only fails after picking the route, it always works on start).

ping me if you need more information, right now I'm too tired to go grab the cable and look again at the logs :(
We are aware of this issue. It happens when you start navigation > view alternate routes map view
and then select a route from map view. The map changes to 2D and the "me on map" button doesn't work.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
davipt wrote:Ahhhhhhhh. Because this doesn't happen every day - but then on the day it happens, it happens a lot - and as there was no client update in the meantime, I've been looking like crazy at the logs trying to find out if there was anything unrelated that could be causing it - network connectivity, lost gps, any setting I could have wrongly tweaked manually, but nothing made sense besides the logs lines of switching from 3D to 2D failing. Ok I'll wait for the next version then. Thanks!
Unfortunately it won't be fixed for the next version, but for the one after that.
perlin
Send a message