iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby AggieJM » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:06 am

I was able to recreate the issue of day/night not automatically switching unless you switch off Waze and restart.

I also ran across a new issue with the "Add a Stop" functionality with respect to the mileage and time. I also had some issues with auto-zoom turning off automatically and not putting the focus on the current position. I have a new thread open here:

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36100

I submitted debug logs for all of these issues over the weekend.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:56 pm

br11183 wrote:Additionally, I should have had "First report of a map problem" bonus points over a year ago probably as I have reported (and edited/corrected) multiple issues over time. Any thoughts as to what I have done wrong to not receive them yet?

known issue, ping waze via www.waze.com/support and ask them for the cookie.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby br11183 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time. I have even gone into the Debug feature and submitted logs that way too, to see if the issue will be resolved or resolve it self. Is this a common occurrence with this version or is it just me? Also to be noted, I have an unjailbroken iPhone 4S with the most recent version of iOS and Waze. I have also reset my phone and restored it since I started having this issue.

Additionally, I should have had "First report of a map problem" bonus points over a year ago probably as I have reported (and edited/corrected) multiple issues over time. Any thoughts as to what I have done wrong to not receive them yet?

Thanks for any assistance or info that you can share!
Happy New Year!
B.R.
br11183

Postby perlin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:07 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
perlin wrote:Red paved roads will disappear from the client after some time, regardless of map update process. Usually after an upgrade or a clean installation.

This should be fixed. In previous versions, they disappeared from the app once they were visible in the editor as a newly recorded road.

We will fix it, hopefully for the next release.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby floppyrod84 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:05 pm

They're the small ones quite high up at traffic lights right?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:24 am

Spazinbc wrote:The simple and free solution is for users to be able to add the speed limit (with a disclaimer or caveat) just like they add red light cameras.

Yeah, absolutely please no. I delete dozens of improperly added cameras every freaking day. I'd bet >50% of drivers have no idea what a red light camera looks like.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:39 pm

perlin wrote:Red paved roads will disappear from the client after some time, regardless of map update process. Usually after an upgrade or a clean installation.

This should be fixed. In previous versions, they disappeared from the app once they were visible in the editor as a newly recorded road.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
ahcheong wrote:May I know why the map updated, but the paved route (red line) still appear in waze client?

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1

Please advice.

It has been this way for a very long time (or forever). You can think of it as a bug OR a feature -- it lets you verify that the roads ended up where you recorded them ;)

Red paved roads will disappear from the client after some time, regardless of map update process. Usually after an upgrade or a clean installation.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 pm

McCracken808 wrote:I would ask that Waze check it's ETA calculations. I regularly drive a route that takes me 1.5 - 2 hours with traffic. When I start the route, Waze gives me an ETA of 30-35 mins. It's wrong everytime.

What are the origin and destination points of the route?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby ahcheong » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:It has been this way for a very long time (or forever). You can think of it as a bug OR a feature -- it lets you verify that the roads ended up where you recorded them ;)

so waze will consider it as bug and try to fix it?
ahcheong

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App