iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby PhantomSoul » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Is anyone else with a USB connector (Dock Connector) in your car stereo noticing really low voice prompt volume when your iPhone is playing music in your car over USB (Dock Connector)? Voice prompt volume seems to be fine over all other channels, including phone speaker, line (headphone), and Bluetooth. The reason I'm suspecting this as a Waze issue (vs iPhone or my car) is because all other audio coming from my phone, including iPod music or sounds from any other app sound normal, while the voice prompts from Waze are so low you can barely hear them.

Compounding the frustration of this problem is that iPhone does not provide a volume adjustment (and actually disables any volume adjustments otherwise available) when using Dock Connector (USB).
ImageImageImageImage
Waze Editing Manual | USA Road Types | USA Forum
Verizon iPhone 6 / iOS (latest) / Waze (latest/beta)
PhantomSoul
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby fvwazing » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Bronze Wazer does not scale like the other wazers:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353602086.063173.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353602086.063173.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby timesplitter88 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:14 pm

perlin wrote:
timesplitter88 wrote:iPhone 5 AT&T
iOS 6.0.1
Waze 3.5.1

When I was using 3.5, the app would crash sporadically, sometimes would claim there was no internet connection when the phone was already getting a signal. 2 days later 3.5.1 is released, i figure this would fix the problem. It in fact made the situation worse.
No matter what i am doing in Waze, the app crashes within a minute or two of being used. I can be navigating, I can just have it open to the map, no matter what, it just crashes and goes back to the springboard.
I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, force closed it from the task manager, rebooted my phone several times... Heck the only thing i havent done is wipe out my phone and start over. This is incredibly frustrating. What bothers me the most is that i showed the app to my girlfriend which has the same setup as mine (except she has verizon), and Waze works 100% fine for her. Now she cant stop using it!

I love the concept of Waze, it would really help me with my commute to my job, i just wish it WORKED on my phone!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

**EDIT: Yes I have already submitted logs and emailed them. I just havent gotten a response yet.

Please send me iOS crash logs. See here "Sending Crash Reports to a Developer":
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... tions.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007959-CH10-SW9

Send them to beta@waze.com

Crash reports have been sent! :)
timesplitter88

Postby pasthom » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:25 pm

I still do experience the startup crash, and it is 100% reproductible (iPhone 4S, not jailbroken, 6Go free, latest iOs, nothing fancy installed).
I feel abandoned as this bug is still ongoing since 2 weeks.

Do the waze developers consult this thread? If so, I have one question, as it seems that the bug is not happening on all iPhones : can you reproduce the problem in house, or are you looking for a phone on which the problem would be reproducible?
pasthom

Postby timesplitter88 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:12 pm

perlin,

I will be emailing you a significant amount of more crash logs. This morning on my way to work the app only crashed twice... That is better then how its been doing. Then on my way home, 40 minutes into my drive, the app crashed 5-6 times and was not usable anymore. I dont understand it. There isnt a consistent pattern to what is causing this. Sometimes it crashes after 30 seconds, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 5 minutes.

Also I just noticed yesterday that under location services I have had "location based iAds" disabled. Would that affect Waze? After I reenabled them yesterday like i said, the app stability seemed to improve, but now it is acting up again. :(
timesplitter88

Postby natasharomanoff » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 am

I'm still having the start up bug but now I'm having an issue with the gas prices feature. I was on the freeway going home and was close to a gas station meaning it was right in view close to me. It normally finds it on the search but it didn't. It's done it a few more times tonight and even right as I was right in front of a gas station it says it was unable to find a gas station nearby. It was working fine earlier in the day but on the way home nothing comes up and the search loading screen is up for a long time before it says that nothing comes up.
natasharomanoff

Postby fvwazing » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Just tested the "share drive" feature in the Netherlands. At the receiving end the website is in... Spanish.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:54 pm

fvwazing wrote:Just tested the "share drive" feature in the Netherlands. At the receiving end the website is in... Spanish.

They probably couldn't find anyone to translate from Spanish to Netherlese.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 am

According to the UK comedy show Shooting Stars (I saw a repeat a couple of nights ago - good timing)

The Dutch language started as a joke that got out of hand

:)
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED)
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby fvwazing » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:57 am

I'm in Finland, the text message I got from my friend is in english, but the text on the "Share Drive" Website is in spanish (?).

Ok, now try to crack a joke on the Finnish.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App