iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 pm

seriousarsonist wrote:Still getting the error after opening the app, log submitted as per usual...

How exactly do you close the app? Not from the shut-down button?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 pm

ahcheong wrote:actually since v3.5, I always face "searching network" in waze client for iOS.

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1.

Please advice.

Please send logs.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 pm

chrishemsworth wrote:Still getting the whole 'we have encountered a bug/send log' pop-up on start up

How do you close the app? by using waze's shut-down button or with iPhone's home button?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm

alex_pe wrote:Well, i updated my waze (i use ios 5.1.1 and a Iphone 4) and still having problems to use it. Everytime i start the app it crashes and freezes and doesn´t matter what i´m doing on it. Where do i send this log to?
Thanks,
Alex

You can send to beta@waze.com or simply through the app (help > send logs)
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am

alperny wrote:Can't get any meet-up or 'share drive' functioning to work at all. i can successfully send the email/sms to the other user, but after that nothing works. For example, with the meet up function, my friend will click "send" on the map to send his location to me, and then it will say "waiting for alperny to start driving" but then it never updates. even though i AM driving. it also does not send me their location at all. very often the map will also go away and instead it will say that i have cancelled the request, even though i haven't. I was really looking forward to using this feature, so i hope it is fixed soon...

We are experiencing a few issues with this feature. Working in solving them. Thanks for reporting.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 am

o4qksoaq wrote:If the app never launches (crashes after a few secs of the start logo screen), are there still any useful logs I could send to anyone interested to investigate?

See "Sending Crash Reports to a Developer"

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... tions.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007959-CH10-SW9
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:15 pm

davipt wrote:It has been said before that "prefer road munching" is disabled on the backend and should not exist on the client but it sure as hell is working beautifully here in Portugal, mind sending me to weird roads while it rains like hell :)

http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 70#p285434

I've just done the test with and without the feature enabled, and with it disabled I got my direct route of minor/freeway, with it enabled I was sent through primary and streets in the middle of the forest (which I loved, the feeling of a thin street in the middle of trees with the fog and knowing no other car will be there), and around the villages, sends me through green dotted roads.

Anyway, the bug report here is: please DO NOT disable this feature. If you don't want it to be visible for the regular user, make it a easter egg code (liek the 2##2 debug).

This option is still enabled in countries where we don't have enough road data. It has been (and will be) removed only in countries where we have enough road data and the % of the road munching is not large.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:23 pm

world_esuepjxo wrote:i noticed that i can logged into 3 different wazes, the world, US, and Israelis. Each time i logged into one of them i get a different result in My Dashboard, so i stick with the "world" one since it has some activities. So, is there any correlation between these types of wazes with the waze in my iphone? any possibility that my iPhone's waze is connected to either US or Israelis?

Where are you from? If you're not from US, Canada or Israel, you're supposed to log into the WORLD server (both in the app and in the web). Actually the app recognize your location automatically and select for you the proper server (unless you use fake GPS apps). This way all your points and road data will be saved into your (correct) dashboard.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 pm

McCracken808 wrote:Waze 3.5.1
iPhone 4
iOS 6.0.1
Apple Composite AV cable

1. Day/Night switch not working

Please elaborate on the scenario so I'd understand what are you referring to by saying "not working".
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:34 pm

stevecody wrote:My missing segments problem has returned. It disappeared for 2 days and then returned this morning for the exact same segments as in my posting here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31262

Please send debug logs and mention the date and time of this route.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App