iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm

And another one related to the social part, this time on the client.

If I go to the scoreboard on the client, I get completely weird results, both when compared with the web, and when compared with each other when selecting the four combinations of total/week and country/all countries.

For example, I have 15 facebook friends according to the web dashboard (16 if counting a unfriended one that doesn't go away) selecting all/all countries I see only 6 entries; weekly/all shows me 8 entries, all different from the last 6; all/country 7, and week/country 5, can't see any relation between the screens. Both "all countries" screens should show the 15 guys, and both "country" should show the 13 same-country friends.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm

OldGnome wrote:
davipt wrote:I didn't get the relation between the two things. You can just set waze to not post anything on facebook and twitter, and on 3.5 it even comes disabled by default (thank you for that!)

I don't know that it should be necessary to tweak the settings in both places, but I did and it stopped the messages appearing in my timeline.

Again, just setting to off the six settings on the client (which are disabled on 3.5.*) will stop any post related to trips, reports and eta's into twitter and facebook. If it didn't for you, you should have reported an issue.

And in my case I have no "friends of friends" setting neither on the client nor on Facebook, only "friends only", and hence the bug of a friend-of-friend becoming connected to me on waze. There are a lot of foes-of-friends I don't want to see me on waze, ever.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OldGnome » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm

davipt wrote:I didn't get the relation between the two things. You can just set waze to not post anything on facebook and twitter, and on 3.5 it even comes disabled by default (thank you for that!)

I don't know that it should be necessary to tweak the settings in both places, but I did and it stopped the messages appearing in my timeline.
OldGnome

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm

OldGnome wrote:
davipt wrote:I have yet another issue, this time a very serious one as it involves privacy. I think this is related to the backend, so kick me somewhere else if you which.

I've just received on my client's inbox a message that a certain user on facebook is now connected to me. Unfortunately I have "only my friends" selected, not "visible to friends of my friends". That guy seems to be a friend of two of my friends though. So I shouldn't have become connected to him at all. I don't see him yet on my friends list on the client nor on the dashboard, but I think those are updated only once per day. PM me if you need more details. My facebook account is private (friends only), so I expected waze to behave similarly.

I disabled the sharing both on my iPhone and in Facebook. That eliminated all of my Waze posts appearing in my FB timeline.

I didn't get the relation between the two things. You can just set waze to not post anything on facebook and twitter, and on 3.5 it even comes disabled by default (thank you for that!)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OldGnome » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 pm

davipt wrote:I have yet another issue, this time a very serious one as it involves privacy. I think this is related to the backend, so kick me somewhere else if you which.

I've just received on my client's inbox a message that a certain user on facebook is now connected to me. Unfortunately I have "only my friends" selected, not "visible to friends of my friends". That guy seems to be a friend of two of my friends though. So I shouldn't have become connected to him at all. I don't see him yet on my friends list on the client nor on the dashboard, but I think those are updated only once per day. PM me if you need more details. My facebook account is private (friends only), so I expected waze to behave similarly.

I disabled the sharing both on my iPhone and in Facebook. That eliminated all of my Waze posts appearing in my FB timeline.
OldGnome

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm

I have yet another issue, this time a very serious one as it involves privacy. I think this is related to the backend, so kick me somewhere else if you which.

davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby McCracken808 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Waze 3.5.1
iPhone 4
iOS 6.0.1
Apple Composite AV cable

1. Day/Night switch not working
2. Menu buttons are less sensitive

I feel lucky. These issues are not horrible like others are having. (knock on wood)
McCracken808

Postby devaudio » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 pm

devaudio wrote:3.5: Safe Mode Did not work
3.5.1: I didn't try safe mode, i was jonesing to use the new version, so i just ssh'd in, looked at logs, did some googling for that error, and removed allplay

Lemme add it back and see if it works in safe mode for 3.5.1, i'll let you know

So - re-installing AllPlay afterwards made it so waze works fine, and AllPlay works fine.

I removed both, then installed Allplay, then Waze -- Crash, but it worked in Safe mode.
Removing AllPlay, starting waze, then installing allplay - everything (appears to be) happy
devaudio

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

tomeddie78 wrote:I am using 3.5.1 with an iPhone 4 on 6.0.1:

(I've been using the application for 3 yrs and this is my first major issue)...

When I launch the application it finds my current location. I select navigate and we're off to the races. Sometime within the first mile or so it loses the GPS signal and my current location stops updating, then the little status bar across the top of the application comes up and says "No GPS...." (something about not being able to find the signal. Eventually it finds the signal again after I've traveled 5 or 6 miles, updates the map, and then looses the signal again. This repeats over and over.

If you haven't already, please submit logs from either Settings or Help menu.

To get even more data to the developers, put Waze into debug mode by entering "2##2" into the navigation search box and hit enter. Then, let Waze do it's thing as you have noted above. After that trip, make sure to upload logs again. You can exit debug mode by entering the same code again. (It's a toggle.)

After you submit logs, go to the Support page, and fill out the nanorep QuickHelp form, using the Email link. Give some details as you've done here and note the date/time you uploaded the logs. This should help them find and squash this error.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby devaudio » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm

3.5: Safe Mode Did not work
3.5.1: I didn't try safe mode, i was jonesing to use the new version, so i just ssh'd in, looked at logs, did some googling for that error, and removed allplay

Lemme add it back and see if it works in safe mode for 3.5.1, i'll let you know
devaudio

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App