iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 pm

ahcheong wrote:actually since v3.5, I always face "searching network" in waze client for iOS.

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1.

Please advice.

Please send logs.
perlin

Postby ahcheong » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 pm

actually since v3.5, I always face "searching network" in waze client for iOS.

I'm using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1.

Please advice.

p/s: I realize that is "searching network" prompt out, the route will not appear in my drives in WME.
ahcheong

Postby perlin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 pm

seriousarsonist wrote:Still getting the error after opening the app, log submitted as per usual...

How exactly do you close the app? Not from the shut-down button?
perlin

Postby seriousarsonist » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Still getting the error after opening the app, log submitted as per usual...
seriousarsonist

Postby Gwildor12 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:30 am

Not a specific bug report but a UI issue. The reports page in the app: the little bubbles make it impossible for me to read the numbers.
As a suggestion could you remove the background bubbles completely and make the digits slightly larger/Bolder. Also black on white will contrast a lot better and I wont crash my car trying to read an obscured "8" :) Thanks.
Gwildor12

Notifications too far in advance

Postby jkuruppu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm

i'm not sure if it was an upgrade with 3.5.1 specifically, or before that, but in the last month or two i notice that the warnings of upcoming accidents, police, speed traps, etc are way too far away - they seem to be triggering at about 1200 feet, and then a large part of the map showing where i want to go NOW is obscured by the bubble about the incident. was this purposeful? it makes it hard to correct the notification or say "Thanks", since i need to see where i'm going to turn off.
jkuruppu

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 am

br11183 wrote:Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time.

Do you stop Waze using the switch off button in the main menu?

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:49 am

Search "remove cams" on this forum and then read your statement again ;-)
fvwazing

Postby AggieJM » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:53 am

perlin wrote:
AggieJM wrote:1) Auto Day/Night switch isn't working. I drove Saturday for a couple of hours after dark and it never switched. I finally had to manually switch to night mode so it would stop blinding me.

Can you send logs that contain such a drive? Please mention the date and approximate hour of the drive, after you send.

I was able to recreate this tonight. I started a trip at 3:30p CT in the daylight and Waze was on Auto mode. My trip ended at 8pm CT, about 2 hours after dark. Waze stayed on day mode the entire time and never switched to night. After reaching my destination, I shut down Waze and started a new trip around 8:30p CT. When Waze launched, it went automatically to night mode. It seems to keep the setting that it launched in and won't switch unless Waze is shut down and restarted.

Debug logs were submitted for this trip. I also had a number of instances of the "Proceed to highlighted route" message on this same trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AggieJM » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 am

I've noticed a few issues on 3.5.1:

1) Auto Day/Night switch isn't working. I drove Saturday for a couple of hours after dark and it never switched. I finally had to manually switch to night mode so it would stop blinding me.

2) When I pick a location from favorites, the mileage and/or trip time and randomly way off in the summary screen that appears first. For example, sometimes it will show 5 miles for a trip that is closer to 20 miles. Or it may show a 10 minute ETA for a 30 mile trip. When the actual navigation starts, both the mileage and time are correct.

3) I've noticed a lot more crashes. Each time, I have uploaded logs to Waze. They're not repeatable, but it usually just freezes the app till it shuts down. Then when I restart, it crashes. Then I restart again and I'm prompted to send logs.

4) I've noticed some odd behavior around the route that is automatically selected. On some longer routes it will select a route that is both longer and slower than the alternates. I posted a topic about this, but didn't get any replies yet. It's not a small difference in some cases. The example I posted the other night was a difference of 30 miles and 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App