iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby simonhowes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm

App for iOS loses every setting such as map colour, speed reverts back to km/h, voice navigation defaults etc after an update.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Really off-putting, not just to me but other Wazers too.
AM for West Midlands (UK)
http://audioguy.co.uk/
simonhowes

Postby simonhowes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:51 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
simonhowes wrote:App for iOS loses every setting such as map colour, speed reverts back to km/h, voice navigation defaults etc after an update.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Really off-putting, not just to me but other Wazers too.

That should only happen if you delete the previous version first. I've never seen this happen. And unless people just don't say anything, I don't think this is a widespread issue.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=30569
AM for West Midlands (UK)
http://audioguy.co.uk/
simonhowes

Postby Spazinbc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 am

It's a pity. After the colossal failure of 3.5, Waze developers have still not got their house in order. I am sooooo glad I was able to get 3.2.2. Judging by all the issues, looks like this version is a keeper.

At this rate and especially with this primitive forum client Waze uses, perhaps with Waze 10.1 will have all the current bugs removed and new bugs introduced :lol:
Spazinbc

Postby Spazinbc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:13 am

jasonh300 wrote:The problem is that there's no reliable way to gather this data without Waze going from a free app to a very expensive app.

That doesnt seem like a problem, rather an excuse.
The simple and free solution is for users to be able to add the speed limit (with a disclaimer or caveat) just like they add red light cameras.
Spazinbc

Postby stevecody » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Problem resolved
1. Missing segments - My road segments that were consistently missing in 3.5 have reappeared and the "Proceed to highlighted route" is no longer appearing when driving over those segments.
2. Day/Night Autoswitch - This problem actually resolved itself prior to the 3.5.1 update, but it is currently resolved.

Problem persists
1. When tapping on a Wazer on the map, their information popup is still off screen. I must scroll the screen down to view their information.
Steve Cody
iPhone 4 - Verizon - iOS 6.0.1
AM: Columbia, SC and Sumter, SC
stevecody

Postby stevecody » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm

My missing segments problem has returned. It disappeared for 2 days and then returned this morning for the exact same segments as in my posting here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31262
Steve Cody
iPhone 4 - Verizon - iOS 6.0.1
AM: Columbia, SC and Sumter, SC
stevecody

Postby stickytree » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:20 am

Any chance that the auto day/night mode bug will be fixed. It seems to think its still night until mid morning. It seems to work ok at the end of the day.
S
stickytree

Postby stickytree » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 am

stickytree wrote:Any chance that the auto day/night mode bug will be fixed. It seems to think its still night until mid morning. It seems to work ok at the end of the day.
S

bump
stickytree

Postby stickytree » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
stickytree wrote:
stickytree wrote:Any chance that the auto day/night mode bug will be fixed. It seems to think its still night until mid morning. It seems to work ok at the end of the day.
S

bump

Probably location specific. It works great for me.

How does this feature work? Does it just use your location and time and compares it to some astronomical database?
S
stickytree

Postby sven-gross » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi,
I'm using Waze 3.5.0.0 on iPhone 4s (iOS 6.0.1).
I'm using voice direction in spanish (Español LATAM (Paulina) or Español (Monica)).
When approaching the destination the voice feedback speaks in a freaky spanglish "Y-O-U are near your destination", instead of the corresponding spanish "Estás llegando a tu destino".

Thanks.

Marco.

I have same "problem". I´m using voice direction in German and hear that freakly "Y-O-U are near your destination".

I still have the problem with french-english parts "Y-O-U are near your destination" in german sound https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30575&start=270#p285205
sven-gross

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App