iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby AggieJM » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 am

br11183 wrote:Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time. I have even gone into the Debug feature and submitted logs that way too, to see if the issue will be resolved or resolve it self. Is this a common occurrence with this version or is it just me? Also to be noted, I have an unjailbroken iPhone 4S with the most recent version of iOS and Waze. I have also reset my phone and restored it since I started having this issue.

Are you using Wifi when you start? I've noticed some occasions where I will start Waze in my driveway and my phone will still have a weak lock to my Wifi network. Then as I leave, it has to switch over to the cellular network. If it's finding a route or a destination when this happens, it will crash the app.
AT&T iPhone 5s iOS 9.0.2
Waze 3.9.6.1 (Crown, AM)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby perlin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:43 pm

br11183 wrote:Every time I have opened Waze the past month or two it will "Encounter a bug" and I will submit the log every time.

Known issue that has been fixed already in the beta versions (and soon in the official version as well).
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby donjakobo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 pm

perlin wrote:
seriousarsonist wrote:Still getting the error after opening the app, log submitted as per usual...

How exactly do you close the app? Not from the shut-down button?

I also get this, I exit the app by hitting the HOME button, and just double tap home and [X] to close (force close?). Is there an in app 'exit' button? Is this the issue? I have never had this with any other app. I constantly get OLD navigation popping up "resume work drive?" upon getting ready to drive home. Constant "crash on load" w "submit log" popup.
donjakobo

Postby OldGnome » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 pm

donjakobo wrote:I also get this, I exit the app by hitting the HOME button, and just double tap home and [X] to close (force close?). Is there an in app 'exit' button?

Waze will misbehave if it is not closed via [Waze menu]->[Switch Off].
OldGnome

Postby Davy_Ray » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm

I installed Waze for the first time last night and i see that it does the same thing. If add a "home" address or anything else from a contact, it find it and adds it. If i come to select it afterwards to navigate there it comes up with that error. If i erase my "home" and enter the address instead of searching for the contact details from my phone book it works fine.

imajica12345
Davy_Ray

Postby gtflip » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:40 pm

I have 3.5.1 on an iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1. I use T-Mobile with no data plan.

I have wifi at work and home, and start navigation using that. When I get to the other end, though, Waze almost never recognizes the wifi, so I can't submit anything. I have "Searching network..." in red at the top of the app, even though I'm on wifi, can check email, etc.

One suggestion I have for favorites is to fill the text field on the "Name favorite" screen with the name of the place, if it has one. If I've searched for "Smith's Olde Bar" and found it, it seems silly to have to retype the name that's right below it. :-)

Thanks for a very useful app!
gtflip

Postby floppyrod84 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 am

You need a data plan to use Waze. Trying to use it without internet access during the drive *will* cause issues and is likely not related to the beta or Waze at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Previous

Return to Waze App