Still encountering bug upon APP initialization w/latest rel

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Still encountering bug upon APP initialization w/latest

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:58 pm

rcenteno_davis wrote:Now I haven't written any iOS app before (and this is directed at the app developers) but is there a way to detect the difference between a true app crash vs. the removal-by-icon-dance?

This "crash" log upload is fixed in the next version already. However, as noted before, when you force close the app by using the multitask list rather than using the provided "Switch Off" button, you are possibly going to cause problems because 1) the app is still running, and 2) data about your drive (and therefore points) may be lost due to not allowing Waze to upload data.

Using the Switch Off button is a heck of a lot faster than tapping home, double-tapping home, holding on the icon, tapping the - button, and tapping home. That process is longer by probably 10 seconds. I fail to understand why anyone would rather do that than just tap Menu->Switch off.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Still encountering bug upon APP initialization w/latest

Postby rcenteno_davis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Alan, me = old dog, menu item = new tricks.
Area Manager: Union City, Fremont, Newark CA
rcenteno_davis

Previous

Return to Waze App