These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze usage suggestion!

Post by theFerr3t
This is a big one for people who don't necessarily want to mount their phone on anything and use a Bluetooth device to interact with the phone. I'm a big motorcycle rider and I know there has been talk about traffic situations with motorcycle, but is there a way I can start/stop navigation or just interact with Waze in general via voice without actually having to touch the phone?

It would be beneficial to be able to activate the voice recognition in Waze without having to hover a hand or tap the screen, since its difficult to do that while riding. I generally like to store my phone (iPhone) in my jacket while riding and would find it annoying to keep stopping to change directions or something.

I can't seem to activate any controls through siri for Waze either holding the home button on the iPhone (or simulating it on a Bluetooth device).

Anyone get what I'm saying? Like total hands free not just partial?
theFerr3t

POSTER_ID:11684782

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
We've seen this kind of request before. I'm curious: How do you activate siri hands-free? I terms of Siri interacting with Waze, I don't know of any app which does this. I'm thinking Apple doesn't allow it?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by theFerr3t
Activating Siri is not fully hands free but its usually pretty convenient while riding or driving to hold the bluetooth(BT) button to activate Siri. Most BT devices have this functionality. On the motorcycle the BT button is usually on the side of the helmet so you can just press it while riding fairly quickly and easily without taking your eyes off the road and at least keeping a good steady hand on the throttle.

I'm not sure how it would work with Waze because holding the Home or BT button on the iPhone activates Siri, and pretty much the only interaction with Waze I have found so far is to just be able to open the app hands free.

I was hoping to find some way to either use Siri or some other function to activate Waze's voice capability. I cant do the three finger tap or the hand hover when I have the phone stored in my jacket while I'm riding(I know some riders store the phone in the jacket while on BT), and don't necessarily want to purchase a mount for it at the moment. The iPhone maps works with Siri but I'd hate to have to use that down the road because I <3 Waze.
theFerr3t
Send a message