Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Traffic flow colors lost under route and incidents

Post by mysticcobra
I mentioned this is a different thread but thought it warranted its own because I feel like it's a big issue...
The traffic flow colors are inconsistent (meaning not there often enough) and often hidden under the purple route line and incident icons.
I want my waze map to show the traffic backups on roads around me (when not navigating) and my route (while navigating) in colors based on traffic speeds. I know waze does this but more often than not, the I can't see the red "slow" area because it is under my purple route line or there are so many incident icons that I can't even see the road. I'll try to get a screenshot (if I can figure out how on my phone).
This works well much of the time but I feel like it doesn't show me traffic flow on my route ahead while navigating. As soon as a traffic jam starts to form (even if 30 miles ahead) I want to know so I can find a way around.
mysticcobra

POSTER_ID:10125954

Send a message
Jimmy
Samsung Galaxy S6-Android 7.0, Waze 4.50.1.1
Northern VA

Post by cherianchris
I'm sure you get the voice alerts, for heavy traffic.

Regards,
Chris

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by mysticcobra
google is my friend. Not available from oem on my android phone but I see there are capture apps.
mysticcobra
Send a message
Last edited by mysticcobra on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy
Northern VA

Post by mysticcobra
cherianchris wrote:I'm sure you get the voice alerts, for heavy traffic.
I have seen them on occasion.
mysticcobra
Send a message
Jimmy
Northern VA

Post by OldGnome
If you have an iPhone, press the home and power buttons at the same time. Don't press and hold. The screen shot will be in your photos.
OldGnome
Send a message