Map Tiles failing to load?

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Tiles failing to load?

Postby MisterMooCow » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:03 am

xteejx wrote:It is a data issue. If you have a route set, Waze should download some of those tiles, but without a net connection it cannot download them.

Meaning "an issue with waze's back-end failing to serve up data" or "an issue with the new client app failing to fetch the appropriate data"? I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with a bad cellular data carrier unless the latest version of the client app is suddenly a lot less tolerant.
MisterMooCow

Postby floppyrod84 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:40 am

It is a data issue. If you have a route set, Waze should download some of those tiles, but without a net connection it cannot download them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby MisterMooCow » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:01 am

I had the same thing happen to me tonight (driving in a new area, experienced repeated re-routing/proceed-to-highlighted-route updates, with the road itself missing from the map). I've seen dozens of URs in the past week or so with similar reports.
MisterMooCow

Postby iahim » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Would be cool if Waze could "learn" the locations with bad cell coverage and pre-download the tiles for those areas before you get there.
iahim

Postby Texernie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:30 am

While driving today (into new territory where tiles had not been previously loaded), I noticed several areas where the maps looked like a tile or two were missing. Another Wazer that I know reported the same thing. I use the Android version while he used the version for the iPad.

While working on some UR, I noticed a stretch of road that had 4 reports for missing roads. If I remember right, this is one of the same areas where I noticed the same problem.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-97.14 ... TTTTTTTTFT

With 4 reports on the same stretch of road, is it possible that the tiles didn't get generated?
Texernie

Previous

Return to Waze App