Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Fayster wrote:Not sure if this is the correct place to report, but there's a significant translation error in the Dutch version: "Forgot password" is translated as "Onthoud mij", which means "Remember me" - almost the opposite!
Thanks for a great app! Hope I can contribute a little this way!

Please proceed to the Dutch country forum. There's a dedicated thread there for Dutch translation. Let us know there in which screen this occurs, or if possible post a screenshot. Thanks!
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Whoever reported about seeing gibberish in the "About" screen - this text is in Japanese and if you're not seeing it correctly- it's because you don't have Japanese language installed on your device.
If it's critical to you- you can install it and the gibberish will turn to Japanese.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby CrackedLCD » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Update on the issue of ads crashing the phone — after diagnosing another problem using debug mode, Waze began crashing not just on ads but at certain major intersections as well. As part of trying to figure out *that* problem, I broke down and completely uninstalled Waze, deleted the data directory and everything. After re-installing, I got one crash trying access the scoreboard and since then, it has been completely stable and everything works: scoreboard, ads, driving. We'll see how long it lasts, but at least so far, a complete reinstall fixed my issues. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Ah, crap. It's crashing again. Guess it was too good to be true. It keep crashing at the same intersections, almost like clockwork.
Last edited by CrackedLCD on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Michelozzo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 pm

if put Waze in the background after just closes by itself
ImageImage ↖Italian docs

iPhone 5S Waze 3.8
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Waze 3.8

AM Emilia-Valle d'Aosta-Dolomiti-Valtellina-Valcamonica
Italy Country Administrator
Android Expert
Social Media Expert
Michelozzo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:04 am

CrackedLCD wrote:Update on the issue of ads crashing the phone — after diagnosing another problem using debug mode, Waze began crashing not just on ads but at certain major intersections as well. As part of trying to figure out *that* problem, I broke down and completely uninstalled Waze, deleted the data directory and everything. After re-installing, I got one crash trying access the scoreboard and since then, it has been completely stable and everything works: scoreboard, ads, driving. We'll see how long it lasts, but at least so far, a complete reinstall fixed my issues. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Ah, crap. It's crashing again. Guess it was too good to be true. It keep crashing at the same intersections, almost like clockwork.

Which intersections?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:20 am

perlin wrote:Which intersections?

McKenzie @ Laurel: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=512616

McKenzie @ Azalea: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=498167

McKenzie @ Michigan: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=507044

McKenzie @ Tanger Outlets: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... s=53232270

McKenzie @ Miflin: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=499829

These are the ones where Waze is most likely to crash. It's not a 100% guarantee it will but at some of these if I come to a stop it's about a 75% chance the app will crash. Since I travel this stretch of road extensively it's pretty much a given that Waze will stop 3-6 times a day on me going down McKenzie St.

This is going to sound really "out there" but the only thing that seems to be a constant with these "crash when stopped at an intersection" problems is the proximity to advertising pins on the screen. As I've mentioned before, I can't tap ad pins without Waze crashing so I'm wondering if it's related? Is Waze now forcing ad popups to display when we're stationary? Taco Bell is the only local business with ads always on screen, but I've seen pins at or near Walmarts lately, but they come and go at random and it seems (with no evidence to back this up) that Waze crashes more when those Walmart pins are visible.

It's a real head-scratcher!
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bovee » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:26 am

The ads on the screen are really, really annoying and unless they get removed quickly I'm going to switch back to Trapster and urge everyone I turned on to Waze to do the same. I don't like Mexican food, and Taco Bell isn't real Mexican food anyway.
bovee

Postby Olestas » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:58 am

Waze is free. They have to get money somehow.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bdp23 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Waze wouldn't get past splash screen.
Reboot fixed it once, immediately returned on next application startup.
Have just removed all data + cache which caused app to reinitialize and require login, etc.
Seems to have fixed the problem.

Full story:
Switched off Waze from the menu when I arrived at my destination, 6 attempts to opening when driving home but the blue splash screen would show for ~10sec and then I'd be returned to the Android apps page.

After rebooting the phone, an 'oops' message was shown and logs uploaded. Waze worked for that one journey.

Upon trying to use it today, all I got was the Waze splashscreen again. and again. and again.
Finally at work, I've used the Android 'Applications' tool to delete all the app data which has allowed me to start the application successfully again.

Maps are showing, many of my preferences have been remembered, but I see a number of other crash reports in this thread. I'll report back if I experience a recurrence of this issue.

Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100,
Android 4.0.4
bdp23

Postby NTolerance » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:42 pm

When Waze is in focus it blocks Bluetooth AVRCP pause commands. Previous track/next track commands work fine, but pause is by far the most important.

When driving, a user should be able to pause music using a headunit with AVRCP without taking eyes off the road. As it is now, you need to switch to another app before you can pause.
NTolerance

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App