Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
Whoever reported about seeing gibberish in the "About" screen - this text is in Japanese and if you're not seeing it correctly- it's because you don't have Japanese language installed on your device.
If it's critical to you- you can install it and the gibberish will turn to Japanese.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
CrackedLCD wrote:Update on the issue of ads crashing the phone — after diagnosing another problem using debug mode, Waze began crashing not just on ads but at certain major intersections as well. As part of trying to figure out *that* problem, I broke down and completely uninstalled Waze, deleted the data directory and everything. After re-installing, I got one crash trying access the scoreboard and since then, it has been completely stable and everything works: scoreboard, ads, driving. We'll see how long it lasts, but at least so far, a complete reinstall fixed my issues. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Ah, crap. It's crashing again. Guess it was too good to be true. It keep crashing at the same intersections, almost like clockwork.
Which intersections?
perlin
Send a message

Post by pihentagy
Hi!

Do you see something strange with this popup menu? I do. All the buttons could fit on the screen, no scrolling needed.
http://i.minus.com/jEnc8f5enJ7Fg.png
pihentagy
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
All bugs reported in last beta still exist :oops:
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
First time from a long time now that Waze crashed.
It happened while pressing the low volume hard button. Waze became slower and end to fully crash. Android asked to kill the application.
Logs sent at the time of this post.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Waze forced Android to restart.
2nd time ut is unstable.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Autourdupc wrote:
darkneon wrote:
stuffhappens wrote: "Lane blocked" or "vehicle stopped in road" would be better - I'm getting fed up of reporting broken down fuel tankers and other BIG vehicles as 'cars' on the shoulder.
+1
Yes, you are right... "Vehicle stopped in road" is a good text.
Please Perlin, could you consider our request ?
I translated that way for the PT_pt version ;-)

pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
simoxp93 wrote:
simoxp93 wrote:I still can't update gas prices, waze think that there's no GPS signal (but is not true).
The only way to do this is to simulate my position with fakegps
Solution:
move waze to internal memory.
I have noticed that if waze is on the SD I can't update gas prices (GPS error), if is in the internal memory it works...
Also you can not use the Widget

pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
It would be nice to have two volume controls, one for device volume and another one for the voices volume, as the iOS versions has.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
FasterThanYours wrote:I agree...I really don't care if the Dunkin Donuts is up the street from my house, I know it's there. I pass it everyday. I really could care less about finding them when out of town too. I'd like to know where Starbucks is, but then if I search for Starbucks (without the local city/state) I get hits from everywhere. How does the search function not know where I am? Really lol
Currently search is limited to around 10km. You can always increase it if you look deep in the file browser :-)

pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message