Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Den_in_USA
Feature Request: Use a darker blue color to the inside of the "Menu" icon and add a bright yellow color to the inside of the "Report" icon. "Yellow" is the international color for alerts.
Den_in_USA
Send a message
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2

Post by Den_in_USA
Feature Request: While going a "navigate to" there is a ETA window at the bottom center of the screen. When we are not doing a "navigate to", please display a digital clock at that location. A lime green color would be nice and in "settings" be able to change the default color.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
deeggo wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Feature Request: Please add one or two more zoom-in levels. Also, have on-screen display of what zoom level you are at.
Really, this isn't feature request thread. We have the uservoice system for that. Don't bother putting that here as it will just get lost.
I do not know what the "uservoice system" is, please expain.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
This may have been mentioned in the past. When I "thank" someone for their posted alert, the widow should then close immediately rather than staying on-screen.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Feature Request: Earlier I requested to have the zoom level displayed on-screen, To save real estate insert a tiny black zoom factor number within the "Menu" icon in the bottom left of the screen, the maximum zoom-in level being "1".
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Speaking about zoom levels, if I zoom in all the way (zoom level 1) then press the "-" icon six times (zoom level 7) no highways are displayed. In theory then, the zoom level should be limited to level 6, or continue to show the highways at the higher zoom levels.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Speaking about zoom levels, if I zoom in all the way (zoom level 1) then press the "-" icon six times (zoom level 7) no highways are displayed. In theory then, the zoom level should be limited to level 6, or continue to show the highways at the higher zoom levels.
Why ?
I could need to zoom out to see another town then zoom in again !
I agree with you. I am just saying that if I zoom out so that I can see a town that is 50 miles away, I should be able to see the highway (or highways) that go there and the road conditions. I personally prefer the color coding over the bubble alerts.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
zed_live wrote:feature request:

in the popup for an upcoming hazard, some description of the hazard would be nice.... it's all well and good to say "weather ahead" or "hazard ahead" but "stopped car" and "construction" and "pothole" all require different things... and never mind the differences between "rain" and "fog" and "ice/snow".
Previously, I requested that in the "Report" menu, we have a full screen display of possible traffic conditions and hazzard alerts. In full screen, you would be able to view a 5x4 matrix which is 20 selections. If more are needed, we could "swipe" to a second page. I would like to see selections for "brush fire" and "structural fire" which is common in my area. Also, if I am 500 feet away from a fire, I should be able to "press and hold" the location and have an option to display the hazard at that GPS location.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
To whom it may concern: I eat quite often at Taco Bell here in Southern California. As you know, several companies such as Ramada Inn, Target and Taco Bell are now paying Waze to insert
bubble icons on the Waze map to advertise a sale or promotion then has a "Go" navigate selection. the problem is that at least for Taco Bell, the "Go" does not get you all the way there. In Riverside it navigates you to down the street and on the opposite side of the street of where it is. In Yorba Linda, it navigates you to several blocks away where the Costco store is. However, when you do a regular "navigate to" Taco Bell, it takes you right up to the building. This is probably not the place to report this, but I am sure that this can be brought to the attention of someone who needs to know. Both of these "Taco Bell" bubble icons are not at the actual location, the "Go" takes you to the icon. I next checked bubble icons for "Wal-Mart" and "Target" stores. Both of these bubble icons were at the correct locations.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by DG567
* Android users suffering from poor GPS or poor network connection *
This may be related to system resources. Waze is much improved for me as long as I restart the phone every day after applying updates. Background processes are the usual Android, plus antivirus, plus Whatsapp. Free RAM after restart is approx 120MB.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message