Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Post by
Official Play Store version.
Release info: <Crashes and other bugs fixes>
Please submit your experience, positive or negative, here.

POSTER_ID:214880

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Same old bugs, same old crashes. What's new.

If Waze wants us to click on adds this needs to get fixed.

Add for DD.
waze01.jpg
(50.59 KiB) Downloaded 3129 times
Click on add, info.
waze02.jpg
(33.24 KiB) Downloaded 3130 times
Click (X) close. Look ma, no map. Well, map is actually there but it is about two clicks past max zoom. Clicking on zoom out (-) brings map with your current location.
waze03.jpg
(16.45 KiB) Downloaded 3130 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:Is there any way for Waze to scale up better on devices with high resolution screens? I'm in love with my new Droid DNA and its 1920x1080 5" screen, but Waze's map graphics are so small as to be almost unreadable at all but the closest zoom levels now on the 2D view. The speedometer also renders partially behind the alert button on the right side of the screen.

I do enjoy seeing a lot more of the surrounding map when zoomed out, but when I am following streets and looking for specific names, it's really hard to make out. (I'd attach a screenshot but it's a nice big clean looking image on my monitor, not the little 5" rectangle I actually see..)
This was brought up several times during beta. Younger generation said fonts look great and case was closed. Users of larger then 4.7" displays are penalized with fonts that are less then 0.5 mm high. Basic layout is horrible with buttons that are mismatched in size. North arrow that can't find its center.

I have shown Waze to few of my friends with idevices and first reaction was always OMG that looks like ransom note. Waze needs to hire graphics artist :D
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
noralf wrote:Hi! (again...)

The automatic day / night mode does not work on my waze. It worked as it should before the sun receded below the horizon all day. I live about 400 km north of the arctic circle. The sun will stay below untill January 19, and this forces me to use manual night mode.

My set-up:
Waze 3.5.1.4
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Search Play Store for Night Mode app. It takes care of overly bright buttons, menus and other elements that Waze designers forgot when developing night mode.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by aamadorj
As it was happening in previous version, scoreboard option produces "force close". My device is a Google Nexus, running Jellybean 4.1.2 CM10 (ParanoidAndroid 2.54 ROM) and latest version of Waze.
aamadorj
Send a message

Post by Albinho77
BiggyB99 wrote:
perlin wrote:
BiggyB99 wrote:Hi All,

i searched the forum but couldn't find an answer, maybe anyone can help me with this.
Im running Waze 3.5.1.4 on an android 4.0.4.
The auto-lock function does not work. Wether I'm navigating in WAZE or just using the map the screen will always dim accordingly to phone settings. I tried with the function on and with the function off, both will not work.

Anyone experienced this and knows how to fix it? I can't navigate now :(
Which device are you using? Did you check the auto-lock settings in the device itself?
Hi Perlin,

thanks for your reply. I'm using a JiaYu g3. The auto-lock settings in the device seems correct, when im navigating with Google Maps for example the screen stays on.
JiaYu g3 is running android 4.0.4 at the moment.
Same problem here, using Galaxy S (i9000B), android 4.0.4.
Didn't try google Maps though but a while ago Waze stayed always on when running, now it locks the screen every a few blocks, really really annoying.
Albinho77
Send a message

Post by amiga6
Still problems with getting up gas stations when traveling in Tungelsta, Haninge, Sweden

Waze can find no gas stations on this route. Logs are sent.

http://world.waze.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6545

And the blinking screen are still here
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.

Post by amiga6
Today crashed Waze when I would report fuel prices. And when I pressed OK to send the log files it went away 21 files. It was at 11:55 Swedish local time
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.

Post by amiga6
yesterday at 18:40 to 19:30 Swedish local time so did Waze find no network. It was possible to make calls and use twitter. I could also send logs with Waze. But I can´t report hazards, gas prices or anything else in Waze. Logs are sent.
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by assasukasse
tried the new release
now is not needed anymore to manually close popups
the popups do not hang the system anymore WELL DONE
2D navigation is ok but somewhat slower than usual
3D one is snappy but tends to randomly crash my phone
during the crash the system loses GPS, but remains menu responsive. On the attempt to close waze the phone hangs with the last navigation screen on.
No response to any button, only hard reboot will fix the problem.
Another problem I have noticed is that randomly I get a "lost GPS" notice, this was not happening before.
but definitely a milestone not to have to manually close the popups
assasukasse
Send a message

Post by assasukasse
XT615
new version doesn't need manually close of popups WELL DONE
no major bugs if not occasional freezes in 3D mode
the freeze requires a hard reboot of the phone
when using bluetooth in a call, alerts and warnings are routed to bluetooth instead of being played on the speaker
sometime calculates very odd routes :roll:
assasukasse
Send a message