Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by autourdupc
Same in France I had no network with Waze while mail was ok.
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by bdp23
Waze wouldn't get past splash screen.
Reboot fixed it once, immediately returned on next application startup.
Have just removed all data + cache which caused app to reinitialize and require login, etc.
Seems to have fixed the problem.

Full story:
Switched off Waze from the menu when I arrived at my destination, 6 attempts to opening when driving home but the blue splash screen would show for ~10sec and then I'd be returned to the Android apps page.

After rebooting the phone, an 'oops' message was shown and logs uploaded. Waze worked for that one journey.

Upon trying to use it today, all I got was the Waze splashscreen again. and again. and again.
Finally at work, I've used the Android 'Applications' tool to delete all the app data which has allowed me to start the application successfully again.

Maps are showing, many of my preferences have been remembered, but I see a number of other crash reports in this thread. I'll report back if I experience a recurrence of this issue.

Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100,
Android 4.0.4
bdp23
Send a message

Post by bluepawel
I think I had option to avoid toll roads in my client, but now it's gone... I live in Poland and I think we have toll roads feature, because when I'm trying to navigate somewhere, sometimes I get the indication, that it's routing via toll road.
bluepawel
Send a message

Post by bluepawel
There's problem with size of welcome screen on my Sensation:
2012-11-30 00.02.44.png
(119.6 KiB) Downloaded 1337 times
And please answer to this post:
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 24#p302324
bluepawel
Send a message

Post by Brshk1
perlin wrote:
pvaladares wrote:Most of the times I try to update gas prices I get a "no gps signal available" message although waze shows my current gps position and routing is ok.
I'll appreciate if you can provide a few of them (their location, I mean), so I'll try to reproduce the problem.
It is not location specific. I also have the same problem 3 out of 4 times. It has happened with some of the latest betas as well.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by btrials
olestas wrote:
DG567 wrote:* Android users suffering from poor GPS or poor network connection *
This may be related to system resources. Waze is much improved for me as long as I restart the phone every day after applying updates. Background processes are the usual Android, plus antivirus, plus Whatsapp. Free RAM after restart is approx 120MB.
THIS! I restart the phone every day now. Otherwise after some waze launches it keeps loosing GPS all the time. After restart all is ok. For a day. However I did not see such behavior with other apps. So I believe waze is breaking something in gps settings for some time.
You can try running free apps like "Fast Reboot" to free resources and GPS keep alive app or something like Tasker. My Tasker is setup so every time I run apps like Waze, Google maps and other GPS location service is required automatically enables GPS.

Although this update has made the Waze smooth on my three year old phone. For some reason it started to bog down on the first version but it's been very smooth since.
btrials
Send a message
btrials Area Manager Southern New Hampshire
Galaxy SIII Rooted Bel RX65 RadioScanner

Post by BvanR
Hi All,

i searched the forum but couldn't find an answer, maybe anyone can help me with this.
Im running Waze 3.5.1.4 on an android 4.0.4.
The auto-lock function does not work. Wether I'm navigating in WAZE or just using the map the screen will always dim accordingly to phone settings. I tried with the function on and with the function off, both will not work.

Anyone experienced this and knows how to fix it? I can't navigate now :(
BvanR
Send a message

Post by BvanR
perlin wrote:
BiggyB99 wrote:Hi All,

i searched the forum but couldn't find an answer, maybe anyone can help me with this.
Im running Waze 3.5.1.4 on an android 4.0.4.
The auto-lock function does not work. Wether I'm navigating in WAZE or just using the map the screen will always dim accordingly to phone settings. I tried with the function on and with the function off, both will not work.

Anyone experienced this and knows how to fix it? I can't navigate now :(
Which device are you using? Did you check the auto-lock settings in the device itself?
Hi Perlin,

thanks for your reply. I'm using a JiaYu g3. The auto-lock settings in the device seems correct, when im navigating with Google Maps for example the screen stays on.
JiaYu g3 is running android 4.0.4 at the moment.
BvanR
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Don't know if this is actual client software based, but today I got a couple of popups indicating that waze had found a better route, however neither the route nor my ETA changed.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
When my route is recalulated due to traffic, waze isn't giving me the next turn.
Screenshot_2012-12-06-08-03-56.jpg
(73.59 KiB) Downloaded 780 times
Logs sent at about 8:00 AM EST (13:00 GMT), Fri. Dec. 6.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902