Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CBenson
I'm having some minor display issues where the ETA disappears occasionally:
NoETA.jpg
(79.42 KiB) Downloaded 854 times
Logs sent about noon EST (17:00 GMT) Sun. Dec. 9.
Here's another where the turn instruction is erroneous as well:
Eas.jpg
(55.66 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
I continue to have the problem that whenever I add a stop, waze tells me to proceed to highlighted route even though I am on the highlighted route.
PTAHRAAS.jpg
(61.82 KiB) Downloaded 857 times
I also notice that the interstate freeway is not displaying on the map here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
CBenson wrote:I also notice that the interstate freeway is not displaying on the map here.
In further looking at the interstate issue, the road displays fine. The freeway is further west. But the shield displays to the east of the road at times.
FieldShield.jpg
(28.05 KiB) Downloaded 826 times
[/url]
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.
+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).
I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Den_in_USA wrote:
CBenson wrote:I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?
No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".
This is not how Hazard and Police reports work from my phone. (I only really provide traffic reports when waze prompts me to.)
For example, I hit "Report" > "Hazard" > "Later" when at the location of my car here and waze places the hazard icon for later completion:
Later.jpg
(51.62 KiB) Downloaded 689 times
I then drive a few block away and press the hazard button on the screen and press send:
Complete.jpg
(48.87 KiB) Downloaded 688 times
You can see the pin back where I originally hit "Report."
The pin shows in the livemap where I originally hit "Report" not where I hit the hazard screen icon to complete the report.
LiveMapPin.jpg
(36.98 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
perlin wrote:
CBenson wrote:I continue to have the problem that whenever I add a stop, waze tells me to proceed to highlighted route even though I am on the highlighted route.
The attachment PTAHRAAS.jpg is no longer available
Please send logs and mention the date & time of the problem.
This is entirely repeatable. It happens whenever I add a stop. However, I'm unable to send logs on this issue.
uhoh.jpg
(33.5 KiB) Downloaded 1290 times
This attempt was at 7:46 am EST (12:46 GMT) today Dec. 12.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
perlin wrote:I think I managed to pin down this issue. Apparently it tells you to proceed to highlighted route when you add a stop by passing through the preview screen. If you add a stop just by tapping the name of the destination (which is possible only in favorites or history)- the problem won't occur.
Ah-ha, you are correct. I almost always add as stop through categories, typically the gas station with the lowest price. If I try with a favorite the "proceed to highlighted" route does not occur.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
CBenson wrote:
CBenson wrote:I also notice that the interstate freeway is not displaying on the map here.
In further looking at the interstate issue, the road displays fine. The freeway is further west. But the shield displays to the east of the road at times.
I'm seeing these misplaced shields more frequently now.
50shield.jpg
(21.72 KiB) Downloaded 800 times
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
perlin wrote:
CBenson wrote:I'm seeing these misplaced shields more frequently now.
We will check this issue. If you have more examples (including screenshots), I'll appreciate if you provide them too (here or to beta@waze.com). Thanks.
I hadn't saved any others in the course of driving. However, just sitting here I can make it happen by zooming all the way in and panning around freeways with shields. The misplaced shields do not always appear misplaced in the same place, but if I pan around enough I will see one misplaced. For example,
stray95.jpg
(14.81 KiB) Downloaded 824 times
Here.And:
stray95b.jpg
(15.77 KiB) Downloaded 828 times
Here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Colonel667
Waze crashed at the splash screen for me on a new inofficial Android 4.2.1 ROM on my Nexus One. No idea if you're interested in this, since it's an inofficial ROM, but maybe there's something wrong with general 4.2.1 compatibility, who knows?

So far I never had a problem like that with Waze, even though I've been running inofficial ROMs for a long time now. Also, other navigation software works (Google & Navigon).

//edit: Took a screenshot in logcat, if that help with anything.

//edit2: Waze 3.2.2.2 seems to be working fine.
Colonel667
Send a message