Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CrackedLCD
Update on the issue of ads crashing the phone — after diagnosing another problem using debug mode, Waze began crashing not just on ads but at certain major intersections as well. As part of trying to figure out *that* problem, I broke down and completely uninstalled Waze, deleted the data directory and everything. After re-installing, I got one crash trying access the scoreboard and since then, it has been completely stable and everything works: scoreboard, ads, driving. We'll see how long it lasts, but at least so far, a complete reinstall fixed my issues. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Ah, crap. It's crashing again. Guess it was too good to be true. It keep crashing at the same intersections, almost like clockwork.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by CrackedLCD on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by CrackedLCD
perlin wrote:Which intersections?
McKenzie @ Laurel: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=512616

McKenzie @ Azalea: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=498167

McKenzie @ Michigan: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=507044

McKenzie @ Tanger Outlets: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... s=53232270

McKenzie @ Miflin: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.68 ... des=499829

These are the ones where Waze is most likely to crash. It's not a 100% guarantee it will but at some of these if I come to a stop it's about a 75% chance the app will crash. Since I travel this stretch of road extensively it's pretty much a given that Waze will stop 3-6 times a day on me going down McKenzie St.

This is going to sound really "out there" but the only thing that seems to be a constant with these "crash when stopped at an intersection" problems is the proximity to advertising pins on the screen. As I've mentioned before, I can't tap ad pins without Waze crashing so I'm wondering if it's related? Is Waze now forcing ad popups to display when we're stationary? Taco Bell is the only local business with ads always on screen, but I've seen pins at or near Walmarts lately, but they come and go at random and it seems (with no evidence to back this up) that Waze crashes more when those Walmart pins are visible.

It's a real head-scratcher!
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
An update on my crashing issue at intersections — it won't do it if the screen is off or Waze is operating in the background. I did ~100 miles today both using nav and just keeping Waze active and it did not crash at any intersections until one point when I turned the screen on to report a gas price. (Gas prices were not working at that time anyway, so it was all for nothing.)

I can't figure out how this could be an issue with the OS, since my friend has Waze on a different model phone but same 4.1.1 OS as his works fine. Popups, ads all work, no crashes at intersections.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
luisvale wrote:Hi

I'm trying to use Waze 3.5.1.4 on a Samsung Galaxy s3 4g (LTE) model GT-i9305 running Android 4.1.1 but Waze keeps crashing whatever I try to do. I've been submiting the crash reports but do we have a reasonable expectation to have Waze working on this phone ?

best regards

luis
I don't have an S3 but I do run 4.1.1 stock on my new HTC Droid DNA and Waze crashes for me a lot. After sending in a bunch of logs and talking to someone directly, they determined that the crashes were OS-related and there's no fix in sight. In my case, clicking ads or ad popups cause Waze to crash. I've found that if I'm sitting still and anywhere near an ad that could cause a pop-up to appear, Waze will stop.

Is yours crashing immediately on start up, or only at random?
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Update on my crashes that were occurring at regular intersections when I stopped, they went away when the pop up coupons went away. Coincidence? ;-)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by darkneon
stuffhappens wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Is it possible to add an entry in the "Danger" "on road" menu ?
I would like to be able to select "Car stopped"

Actually, we have "car stopped on shoulder", but we frequently encounter while driving cars stopped on the road (there is not always a shoulder, or the shoulder is so little...).
--> "Car stopped on road" is also necessary !
"Lane blocked" or "vehicle stopped in road" would be better - I'm getting fed up of reporting broken down fuel tankers and other BIG vehicles as 'cars' on the shoulder.
+1

===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
darkneon
Send a message

Post by darkneon
Waze will not reconnect without restart when losing 3G for a longer time.

Logs sent just now

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
darkneon
Send a message

Post by darkneon
Autourdupc wrote:
pvaladares wrote:It would be nice to have two volume controls, one for device volume and another one for the voices volume, as the iOS versions has.
+1
Good idea !
I +1 this aswell

darkneon
Send a message

Post by darkneon
Waze sadly enough still pulls this off...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/28/byzyjebu.jpg

darkneon
Send a message

Post by darkneon
The bell that rings when near an alert is played over the speakers when using Samsung cradle with external speakers enabled

darkneon
Send a message