Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 pm

This may have been mentioned in the past. When I "thank" someone for their posted alert, the widow should then close immediately rather than staying on-screen.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Re: Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 pm

deeggo wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Feature Request: Please add one or two more zoom-in levels. Also, have on-screen display of what zoom level you are at.

Really, this isn't feature request thread. We have the uservoice system for that. Don't bother putting that here as it will just get lost.

I do not know what the "uservoice system" is, please expain.
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Feature Request: While going a "navigate to" there is a ETA window at the bottom center of the screen. When we are not doing a "navigate to", please display a digital clock at that location. A lime green color would be nice and in "settings" be able to change the default color.
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:26 am

Feature Request: Use a darker blue color to the inside of the "Menu" icon and add a bright yellow color to the inside of the "Report" icon. "Yellow" is the international color for alerts.
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:20 am

Feature Request: Please add one or two more zoom-in levels. Also, have on-screen display of what zoom level you are at.
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Feature Request: Since we can assume that Waze users are driving while using, and that their phone is mounted somewhere on the dashboard of their car, all of the popup menus need to be readable at a distance of between 18 and 24 inches. Therefore I suggest that all popup windows fill the screen allowing for at least a matrix (5x8) of 40 selection icons. No need to have a scrollable box. In addition, on-screen icons for up to 4 shortcut icons such as "Heavy Traffic" that would "send" your report as soon as you press the shortcut. And of course, get rid of the annoying popup traffic reports.
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:11 pm

CBenson wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:
CBenson wrote:I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?

No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".

This is not how Hazard and Police reports work from my phone. (I only really provide traffic reports when waze prompts me to.)
For example, I hit "Report" > "Hazard" > "Later" when at the location of my car here and waze places the hazard icon for later completion:
Later.jpg

I then drive a few block away and press the hazard button on the screen and press send:
Complete.jpg

You can see the pin back where I originally hit "Report."
The pin shows in the livemap where I originally hit "Report" not where I hit the hazard screen icon to complete the report.
LiveMapPin.jpg

Sorry! I stand corrected. For months now I have been falsely reporting "Heavy Traffic" in front of my home!
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm

CBenson wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.

+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).

I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?

No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:26 pm

atfreddy wrote:First, this app is amazing. I just report some bugs that occured to me.
Second, pardon my english.
1) I was just driving and at a certain point the app told me to turn right but i decided to go straight. (Note: I've enable the option in sound -> instruction level -> the 3rd one) Then waze goes sound loop 'to turn right in that specified street' with the 'please wait animation' that goes in and out. I've to close the app and launch it again.
2) Score updating is really buggy and sometimes profile page is not avaible (blank page) (I've checked my connection and I'm 100% sure everything on my side is ok)
3) Volume is generally pretty low compared to other apps.

My android terminal: arc s latest official sony firmware.
I hope this report will help you in some way.
Thanks for your time and patience and good luck with your projects ;-)

My volume is also lower in this release. In the past, I set my media volume up halfway, now I need to set it higher.
Den_in_USA

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App