Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm

CBenson wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.

+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).

I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?

No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".
Den_in_USA

Postby CBenson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.

+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).

I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby autourdupc » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 pm

+1
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Manevitch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm

I updated Waze to the latest version at about the same time I updated my Galaxy S III to Android 4.1.1, so I'm not quite sure where the problem lies. I drive with a bluetooth headset and it used to be that Waze would automatically mute turn-by-turn directions when I was on a phone call. Now I get the phone call AND the navigation in my ear, so I have to swipe around on my phone to stop navigation when I'm on a call. This, obviously, is a bad thing when I'm relying on Waze to provide driving directions.

Any thoughts?
Manevitch

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.
Den_in_USA

Postby autourdupc » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 am

Why not having a button "Next" into the screen than this stupid "Next" at top right ?
(and the text for french do not fit in the place)
Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-22-22.png
(72.37 KiB) Downloaded 584 times

The 'X' to close the pop-up is near to be outside of the pop-up.
Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-22-53.png
(126.88 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby CBenson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:33 pm

CBenson wrote:I also notice that the interstate freeway is not displaying on the map here.

In further looking at the interstate issue, the road displays fine. The freeway is further west. But the shield displays to the east of the road at times.
FieldShield.jpg
(28.05 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Kuhlkatz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 pm

That pinkish route reminds me of a not so major problem.
When navigating and you go to the stop option in the menu, even when you do not select a stop, the route is highlighted as the pinkish one from there, not the original purple marker.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby CBenson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 pm

I continue to have the problem that whenever I add a stop, waze tells me to proceed to highlighted route even though I am on the highlighted route.
PTAHRAAS.jpg
(61.82 KiB) Downloaded 671 times

I also notice that the interstate freeway is not displaying on the map here.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm having some minor display issues where the ETA disappears occasionally:
NoETA.jpg
(79.42 KiB) Downloaded 671 times

Logs sent about noon EST (17:00 GMT) Sun. Dec. 9.
Here's another where the turn instruction is erroneous as well:
Eas.jpg
(55.66 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App