This relates to TTS, but here's the full story.
3.5 version was updated through Play store, no problems. Navigated to work fine this morning.
I saw the Waze Google+ posting on "Robin" and decided to install it to play around later. Selected Waze integration while briefly looking at it at work, and shut it down.
Later when starting Waze to verify a menu option for someone. Waze just would not start, as it could not connect. I was connected on Wi-Fi at the time, so thought it was a network issue. Switched Wi-Fi off & tried 3G. Still the same - Waze could not connect to the network. A colleague verified that he connected fine, so I cleared Wazes data from Apps settings.
Voila, that worked ! Looks like Robin broke my Waze, but I'll figure that out later..
When I drove back home, I obviously had to set ASR back on as all my setting was toast. Restarted and set course home, and then Serena said in her finest English voice "Lets get streeteted".
I thought I heard wrong, but looked at the TTS files when I got back. The TTS in both files that says 'started' are pronounced as 'streeteted'.
It looks like 'St' is now overcompensated for after being pronounced as Saint all over. It's probably a good thing that Serena did not tel me to get "Saint-eted". That would have ended my editing career.
Here's the links to both files on my dropbox public folder as I cannot upload .tts to the forum :Let's get streeteted.Let's get streeteted. Drive Safely.
We should really get TTS sorted if there is no form of whitespace between word abbreviations. 'N1' is not 'North One'. Fine if it was 'N 1' is, but parsing text can seriously be improved.
Better get streeteted on fixing this asap.