Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Colonel667
perlin wrote:
Colonel667 wrote:Waze crashed at the splash screen for me on a new inofficial Android 4.2.1 ROM on my Nexus One. No idea if you're interested in this, since it's an inofficial ROM, but maybe there's something wrong with general 4.2.1 compatibility, who knows?
Does it crashes every time? Often? Just this one time?
Hi perlin. It crashes every time. Version 3.2.2.2 doesn't crash, but it seems like it can't access GPS and doesn't use WiFi to locate me either. GPS doesn't even show up in the status bar.

Google Maps & Navigation, GPS Test, and Navigon Mobile Navigator all work, so I guess it might not be just my ROM's fault.

If you have Betas that are supposed to be Android 4.2.1 compatible, I'd love to try them. Because right now I can't use Waze anymore. :(
Colonel667
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
I haven't read through all the posts yet, so forgive me if this has already been acknowledged, but the only minor issue I'm having with this version is it seems to lose track of my direction of travel a lot more. The problem with "crabbing" (the icon moving sideways down a road) hasn't come up since updating, but when stopped my car icon will often be pointing in any direction *except* the one I'm travelling in.

This isn't a major issue for me, but it does place candy in out of reach places because it thinks I'm facing a different direction.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Interesting. I hadn't thought to check if those segments were one way or not. 99% of roads around my area now have proper direction thanks to several active editors, myself included.

Still though, it doesn't explain why my icon will often face the wrong direction when I'm stopped at an intersection. It's not technically new behaviour, but it's a lot worse since this update.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
fraias wrote: I have detected a problem in my phone and it is that the indications of the waze are really low, (even if I have the audio settings as laud as possible). I can hardly hear them. I have tested it using different voices (spanish monica, spanish diego, english tom) and nothing changed.
I hate to be “that guy” suggesting the painfully obvious, but are your Waze prompts set to maximum volume in the app?

Menu > Settings > Sound > Prompts Volume
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
DG567 wrote:Is this a bug? I've not noticed it before.
If the next junction is onto an unnamed segment, Waze displayed the name of the next NAMED segment after that.
It's supposed to do that.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
pvaladares wrote:Most of the times I try to update gas prices I get a "no gps signal available" message although waze shows my current gps position and routing is ok.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
You're not alone on that. Both me and another local user have experienced this on our Galaxy S phones on Gingerbread. I just got a new Droid DNA and have only run Waze once but so far it hasn't given the error, so I dunno if it's software related or hardware related. I'd think Sony Ericsson phones should have better GPS than our crappy Samsungs, though.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Is there any way for Waze to scale up better on devices with high resolution screens? I'm in love with my new Droid DNA and its 1920x1080 5" screen, but Waze's map graphics are so small as to be almost unreadable at all but the closest zoom levels now on the 2D view. The speedometer also renders partially behind the alert button on the right side of the screen.

I do enjoy seeing a lot more of the surrounding map when zoomed out, but when I am following streets and looking for specific names, it's really hard to make out. (I'd attach a screenshot but it's a nice big clean looking image on my monitor, not the little 5" rectangle I actually see..)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by CrackedLCD on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by CrackedLCD
I believe I mentioned earlier that on my new Droid DNA that Waze has tiny unreadable fonts, but it also has some display issues. In portrait mode the speedometer is partially obscured by the alerts button:
waze portrait.png
Portrait mode
(100.96 KiB) Downloaded 908 times
In landscape mode, the problem is worse, with the speedometer and the zoom out button both obscured to some degree by the alerts button, and the "center map here" button almost completely hidden:
waze landscape.png
Landscape mode
(79.75 KiB) Downloaded 910 times
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
stuffhappens wrote:I started Waze while my phone had its rotation lock enabled. I then turned off the lock and Waze turned to landscape mode as expected, but the menu sliders wouldn't work. I had to exit and re-start to fix this.

Also, see screencap - Wazer info is below the navigation bar and not readable.
This happens to me, too.

I've had a few instances (on two different phones) of being able to make the blue Waze splash screen display incorrectly when changing orientations while the app is loading but I can't reproduce it with enough regularity to report it as a bug. When it happens, I get the same screwed up screen like your screenshot shows.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
perlin wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:
stuffhappens wrote:I started Waze while my phone had its rotation lock enabled. I then turned off the lock and Waze turned to landscape mode as expected, but the menu sliders wouldn't work. I had to exit and re-start to fix this.

Also, see screencap - Wazer info is below the navigation bar and not readable.
This happens to me, too.
I failed to reproduce (tried with different devices and OS).
Can you provide steps to reproduce this? Do you know of cases in which it doesn't happen?
I've tried and tried to reproduce this error, but I can't seem to make it happen any more. I'll write this one off as a momentary glitch on my part.

Since a user brought up the advertisements, I need to note that tapping on those ad bubbles crashes Waze for me. It did it on my old Samsung Galaxy S Show (running Gingerbread) and it does it on my new HTC Droid DNA (running Jelly Bean). The pop-up window appears and the loading animation shows, then Waze stops. I've sent logs every time it happens. The ads work fine on the Motorola Razr HD I checked so it appears to only be affecting my two models of phone.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message