Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby Khw59 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm

perlin wrote:
gerben wrote:
gerben wrote:I have a small screen, so the apps zooms out very fast. At normal freeway speeds, not a single road is visible, only landmarks, city polygons and the route line.

Perlin, can you comment on this too?

Please provide more information: screen resolution, auto-zoom selection and a screenshot.

Same issue on Razr Maxx(no mods) with zooming out past about the 20 mile scale(est) on the screen.
Alerts and wazers remain but the roads disappear. No auto zoom, logs sent.

I have.
removed, deleted folder, cleared cashes and reinstalled. No correction. This occurred after the update. On a GSII with a fresh install it also has the same issue.
Khw59

Postby khaytsus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:51 pm

I have had a ton of Waze crashes the last few days, I don't know what is going on. If seems to happen at predictable times, like at stops. I also get crashes if I click the advertisements so I wonder if it is related.
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
khaytsus

Postby KB_Steveo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:37 am

CrackedLCD wrote:Still though, it doesn't explain why my icon will often face the wrong direction when I'm stopped at an intersection. It's not technically new behaviour, but it's a lot worse since this update.
Interesting, I had a similar problem at a particular intersection, but it has stopped completely since one of the last 2 releases (not sure which one though.)
ImageImageImage
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator
KB_Steveo

Postby KB_Steveo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:44 pm

I am still having lots of problems with map squares not loading at close zoom levels - this causes routing problems that are very annoying. It's better with the 3.5.1.4 update, but still happening. Please see this thread for pics of what's happening.
ImageImageImage
WI State Manager
KB_Steveo

Postby KB_Steveo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:I haven't read through all the posts yet, so forgive me if this has already been acknowledged, but the only minor issue I'm having with this version is it seems to lose track of my direction of travel a lot more. The problem with "crabbing" (the icon moving sideways down a road) hasn't come up since updating, but when stopped my car icon will often be pointing in any direction *except* the one I'm travelling in.

This isn't a major issue for me, but it does place candy in out of reach places because it thinks I'm facing a different direction.
Make sure the road you're having problems with isn't set to a 1 way road in the editor. That will cause "crabbing" if you are driving in the opposite direction that the road is set to.
ImageImageImage
WI State Manager
KB_Steveo

Postby Kaffesnoken » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi! (again...)

The automatic day / night mode does not work on my waze. It worked as it should before the sun receded below the horizon all day. I live about 400 km north of the arctic circle. The sun will stay below untill January 19, and this forces me to use manual night mode.

My set-up:
Waze 3.5.1.4
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Area Manager, Tromsø, og Midt-Troms
Kaffesnoken

Postby Kaffesnoken » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm running this version on my Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Gennerally I am very pleased with the way it works, but now I have to set it to night mode manually. It will only show day mode. I guess this has something to do with me living north of the arctic circle and that the sun stays below the horizon all day this time of year. I guess that sun below / above horizon calculations controls the automatic mode, and this gets confused when it is below all day.
My old Garmin GPS had a similar problem.

/Noralf Brandser, Tromsø, Norway.
Kaffesnoken

Postby Kaffesnoken » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Where is the right place to post reports about typos and errors in the Norwegian language version? I spotted at least 3 typing errors on the cagegory page alone...

I have the latest version, just downloaded it 20 mins ago.
Kaffesnoken

Postby JuandeCruzL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 pm

perlin wrote:
Jancruz wrote:Every time I stop, instead of the usual warnings and notices popups, the focus moves slightly away of where Im located, and the icon to get focus on my car appears.
When I begin to move again, the map stay in the place it was, instead of focus on my car again as before. I have to click on the icon to make the map follow me again, but everytime I stop It does the same again.

So it makes the navigator almost useles in town...

Im using android 2.3.4 on a LG Optimus 2x (p990).

Please send logs (in debug mode). Thanks.

Logs sent... As additional note, the problem seems to appear more frequently after recalculating route.
JuandeCruzL

Postby JuandeCruzL » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Every time I stop, instead of the usual warnings and notices popups, the focus moves slightly away of where Im located, and the icon to get focus on my car appears.
When I begin to move again, the map stay in the place it was, instead of focus on my car again as before. I have to click on the icon to make the map follow me again, but everytime I stop It does the same again.

So it makes the navigator almost useles in town...

Im using android 2.3.4 on a LG Optimus 2x (p990).
JuandeCruzL

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App