Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android 4.2 issues

Post by
I can't get Waze to launch in Jelly Bean 4.2. Not the current stable release nor any of the released betas. Can anyone else running 4.2 tell me if they have same issues or if it's just me? I'm on Galaxy Nexus.

POSTER_ID:8756144

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Waze works for me on both Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 3G. It survived updates from 4.1.2 to 4.2 to 4.2.1. On Galaxy Nexus update to 4.2 fixed crashes while accessing scoreboard or paid adds.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by ApuIsDriving
Same here using a Nexus 7 (2013) -- Login page always says it is the wrong username or password even though I've reset it and confirm it works on the website and on an Android phone. Tried deleting the application and reinstalling, deleting the "waze" folder, login as a temporary user and searching for "##@usa" (stuck on searching, never brings up any results) all without success.

I have a good GPS signal and WiFi; no cellular data on this device. Will Waze not work with that configuration?
ApuIsDriving
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Jbozlaw wrote:Running well on Galaxy Nexus maguro/takju with rooted 4.2.1. Only problem is that occasionally the backlight dims for a few seconds then comes back on.
I get the same thing running Modaco 4.2.1 (yakju). Do you use the Daydream feature on 4.2?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by Gigi33127
Hi, with wiko stairway, android 4.2.1
when i click on the navigation button... black scree and waze shutdown
even after wipe/clean/re-install

any idea ?
Gigi33127
Send a message
Wiko Stairway - Android 4.2.1 - Free Mobile
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]
(33)Gironde - Saint-Jean d 'Illac
(53)Mayenne - Saint-Cyr-En-Pail/Pré-En-Pail
(65)Haute-Pyrénnées - Madiran

Post by Gigi33127
I erased the folder history from SD Card /waze and now it works fine
Gigi33127
Send a message
Wiko Stairway - Android 4.2.1 - Free Mobile
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]
(33)Gironde - Saint-Jean d 'Illac
(53)Mayenne - Saint-Cyr-En-Pail/Pré-En-Pail
(65)Haute-Pyrénnées - Madiran

Post by hmarian
Not working on my stock Nexus 7 Running ver. 4.2.2.
I have no issue with my account on my SGS3 with ver. 4.1.2.

Cheers,
Hagay.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by jakemyster84
I am having similar issues I currently have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Toro) and Waze will run just fine for me is I am running Bugless Beast. But it seams if I run any other custom rom Waze will show the splash screen then also quite on me. I have tried to fix permissions to see if that helps but it did not. I would love to be able to run one of the new 4.2.1 roms and have Waze also working. Seams as I am stuck on 4.1.2 until the new version of Bugless Beast comes out so I can use Waze. Crazy that this app is that good that I will hold off on updating my rom just so I can use Waze.
jakemyster84
Send a message

Post by Jbozlaw
Running well on Galaxy Nexus maguro/takju with rooted 4.2.1. Only problem is that occasionally the backlight dims for a few seconds then comes back on.
Jbozlaw
Send a message
Galaxy Nexus [maguro/takju] 4.2.1

Post by khaytsus
No problems here on my Nexus 7, stock rooted 4.2.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by majic12
I have no issues on android 4.2...

I did have issues though when i re-installed the app through titanium backup but i deleted waze... re installed and its been flawless
majic12
Send a message