These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Feature Request: Pop Ups Should Show Direction

Post by ElPat0
Relatively new Waze user but I thought I would throw my 2 cents into the mix.

My BIG complaint is that the pop ups that show up when I am at a stoplight DO NOT show the direction of travel which makes the pop ups useless.

If the pop ups included the direction of travel, then it would make them VERY useful.

I5 East, accident at Katella.
101 North, Heavy Traffic at Topanga Cyn.
Police 210 West at Lake Ave.
ElPat0

POSTER_ID:10290717

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If it is a divided road, like a freeway/interstate, then the road segments are supposed to be named with the cardinal direction. For other roads which are 2-way, waze could probably do some calculations to determine the direction, but for roads which aren't straight, that becomes a futile attempt.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
scruffy151 wrote:The thing that irritates me is the first pop-up zooms out on your current location. If it zoomed out on the location of the pop up that would be helpful.
Popups do pan the map to the location of the event, but the event pin is usually totally hidden under the popup itself. Pretty much useless.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Scruffy151
The thing that irritates me is the first pop-up zooms out on your current location. If it zoomed out on the location of the pop up that would be helpful.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message