Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Loosing the GPS recepcion on HTC Legend

Post by xxlogistics
A problem what I cant understand. I set up Waze several times and all times everything the same - Waze was working properly until first start of navigation. After this Waze say that GPS receiver does not work. To get GPS signal back is to re-install Waze again. GPS receiver meanwhile on Google Maps works properly.
At the same place and the same time I have not any complains about Waze on iPhone 4S, GalaxySIII and even on older HTC Wildfire.
Any ideas? Thanx in advance!
xxlogistics

POSTER_ID:1568916

Send a message

Post by mirarkitty
I have a lot of GPS fuzz on my Motola Atrix 4g.

Sometimes GPS goes on for a second, then off.
Sometimes GPS doesn't go on and break (??) so I have to reboot.

Starting GPS Status first, then Waze, and it works much better.

I'm not sure what Waze is doing with the GPS - I didn't know there were options, but I haven't tried coding Android - but it's not entirely right. No other app have any problem with the GPS.

Also, Waze refuses to read the phone's own old location. It only ever uses Waze' last recorded position, regardless.
mirarkitty
Send a message

Post by WaGaLiGong
I always use "activegps" app on my htc desire hd before starting waze, it always get a lock on below 10 secs. Hope it helps!
WaGaLiGong
Send a message